TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

This whole jigsaw puzzle of a mess regarding Obama and William Ayers is starting to piece itself together through the revelation (to me at least) that Factcheck.org is run by the the Annenberg Public Policy Center which is funded in part by the Annenberg Foundation, the same foundation that Ayers helped to start and Obama served as a Board member of.

I will not despute whether or not their "fact checking" is biased or not, but the real issue is that Factcheck.org has been the only organization to "verify" Obama's birth certificates as being accurate and authentic. Yet Obama has never produced the original documents in accordance with the lawsuit against him filed in U.S. District Court on August 21st despite the subsequent motion to have the documents delivered by the end of September. How is it that factcheck.org can not only have in their possession but also verify those documents when Obama cannot even produce them under order a lawsuit and the court?

Marvin, guess what, it's not a fucking jigsaw puzzle. You know what it is? Two guys who worked together and shared the same left-leaning, fashionable philosophy on education. No one here cares. You're propagating dumb bullshit that has absolutely NO relevance on the campaign. Although I can't say that they can't bring it up, I am saying that it's stupid to bring it up, and it's been blown up beyond all reasonable proportion. To think that THIS is the issue to judge Obama on is the real crime here.

...the real issue is that Factcheck.org has been the only organization to "verify" Obama's birth certificates as being accurate and authentic.

So now the Marvster is an Obama birth certificate truther. The plot thickens...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/ar...ficate-part-ii/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...mp;pageId=73214 (far right website)

Question.

Who makes the best VP pick for each of the frontrunners?

I'll throw some out.

Clinton: Bill Richardson, Mark Warner, Wesley Clark, Barack Obama, Kathleen Sebelius

Obama: Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, Joe Biden

Edwards: Barack Obama, Bill Richardson, Mark Warner, Kathleen Sebelius

McCain: Rudy Guiliani, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich

Guiliani: John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich

Romney: McCain or Guiliani, Huckabee

You can see that I have more trouble finding mates for the Rs.

Nailed it.

What's going to happen to people like Marvin when Obama wins this thing in a few weeks? Lots of "coughcough2012cough"?

There's a guy on another board I go to (one for Buffalo sports...but there's a politics section) that has a poster who just posts the most absurd anti-Obama things. He's known to get into racist hatefilled rants when he gets worked up. I can't WAIT for Obama to win and read what he has to say.

Question.

I'll throw some out.

Nailed it.

Not so much for the republicans, who you just cycled through the three or four frontrunners, plus Gingrich.

I have a feeling Obama will be a one-termer, just because I can't say three in a row of two-termers. Hell, Clinton and Bush were the first back to back two termers.

I have a feeling Obama will be a one-termer, just because I can't say three in a row of two-termers. Hell, Clinton and Bush were the first back to back two termers.

That's not true.

What about Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe?

And you're also ignoring a lot of people who were elected to two terms who didn't actually serve them because they died in office, or presidents who served out terms when the previous president died and then got elected as incumbents.

This whole jigsaw puzzle of a mess regarding Obama and William Ayers is starting to piece itself together through the revelation (to me at least) that Factcheck.org is run by the the Annenberg Public Policy Center which is funded in part by the Annenberg Foundation, the same foundation that Ayers helped to start and Obama served as a Board member of.

Yes...and the Annenberg Foundation, including the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (the board you are referring to), was founded and funded by Walter Annenberg.

Walter Annenberg, who died in 2002, was appointed by Richard Nixon to be U.S. Amabssador to the U.K., and was a publisher until he sold his magazines to Rupert Murdoch. He can be seen here with a good friend of his...some fellow you might recognize.

Annenbergs_with_Ronald_Reagan_1981_cropped.jpg

Guest Smues

When I was at the airport today the Barnes & Noble had a book, which apparantly was just various famous and non famous photos/paintings/cartoons/etc. with Sarah Palin's head photoshopped into them. That was the book. Serious. A small unfunny text blurb, and then Sarah on various people's bodies. If it sells 1 copy I'll be shocked.

On the subject of Palin, thank god I'm out of Florida. The first question from everybody after they found out we were from Alaska was about Palin. Understandable, but it got tiresome.

That's not true.

What about Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe?

And you're also ignoring a lot of people who were elected to two terms who didn't actually serve them because they died in office, or presidents who served out terms when the previous president died and then got elected as incumbents.

You're right Jerk. My bad for my Marvin-esque post.

I will not despute whether or not their "fact checking" is biased or not, but the real issue is that Factcheck.org has been the only organization to "verify" Obama's birth certificates as being accurate and authentic. Yet Obama has never produced the original documents in accordance with the lawsuit against him filed in U.S. District Court on August 21st despite the subsequent motion to have the documents delivered by the end of September. How is it that factcheck.org can not only have in their possession but also verify those documents when Obama cannot even produce them under order a lawsuit and the court?

Does everything have to be some fucking massive conspiracy?

I rarely if ever make that mistake. Thanks Aunt Linda

NO PERIOD GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NO COMMA GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So was this Ayers business (who I'm not a fan of but c'mon, the Beach Boys hung out with Manson more than Obama hung around Ayers) the "October Surprise", or is something still waiting in the wings (which would make a pretty dull surprise since people were already aware of that fleeting connection before).

...the real issue is that Factcheck.org has been the only organization to "verify" Obama's birth certificates as being accurate and authentic.

So now the Marvster is an Obama birth certificate truther. The plot thickens...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/ar...ficate-part-ii/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...mp;pageId=73214 (far right website)

I'm sorry, but I laughed my ass off at this response.

Seriously, the retardation necessary to think that a candidate for President isn't a citizen of the United States and has gotten this far is... well, I'm not sure Marvin should be leaving his house without his court appointed guardian. Talk about fucking stupid.

As far as the October surprise, the Ayers thing has been around since forever, and hasn't worked well on independents and such. The only thing I could see as qualifying is the results of the Alaskan investigation into Sarah Palin, but that's not conclusive enough to truly swing things.

Edit:

At PolitiFact.com, we’re all about original sources. We don’t take anyone at their word or take the reporting of other media organizations as proof. We go to the heart of the story, the source of the truth — original, corroborating documents.

When the official documents were questioned, we went looking for more answers. We circled back to the Department of Health, had a newsroom colleague bring in her own Hawaii birth certificate to see if it looks the same (it’s identical). But every answer triggered more questions.

And soon enough, after going to every length possible to confirm the birth certificate’s authenticity, you start asking, what is reasonable here?

Because if this document is forged, then they all are.

If this document is forged, a U.S. senator and his presidential campaign have perpetrated a vast, long-term fraud. They have done it with conspiring officials at the Hawaii Department of Health, the Cook County (Ill.) Bureau of Vital Statistics, the Illinois Secretary of State’s office, the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois and many other government agencies.

My God. I think it's obvious that the Illuminati have been setting up this one for quite a while. We must not let this come to pass!

Sometimes I get the feeling that Palin is secretly trying to sink McCain's campaign while planting the seeds for her own run in 2012.

Question.

I'll throw some out.

Nailed it.

Not so much for the republicans, who you just cycled through the three or four frontrunners, plus Gingrich.

Quiet, you.

I saw this on TV the other day and...well, see for yourself...

Someone's already had too much Kool-Aid...

"Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin..." Like one big self-perpetuating washing machine. And I thought Dana Perino had a shitty job. Scratch that...Perino HAS a shitty job, Nancy Pfotenhauer just DOES a shitty job.

Nancy's like our election-eve Santa Claus, and she just delivered a big package of whine-flavored denial, covered in "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" wrapping paper and big bow made out of bitterness on top.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Palin is secretly trying to sink McCain's campaign while planting the seeds for her own run in 2012.

I get that feeling every time she speaks.

Why do Sarah Palin's supporter's hate America?

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin mistook some of her own fans for hecklers Monday as a rally that drew thousands.

A massive crowd of at least 20,000 spread across the parking lot of Richmond International Raceway, and scores of people on the outer periphery more than 100 yards from the stage could not hear.

''Louder! Louder!'' they began chanting, and the cry spread across the crowd to Palin's left. Some pointed skyward, urging that the volume be increased.

Palin stopped her remarks briefly and looked toward the commotion.

''I hope those protesters have the courage and honor to give veterans thanks for their right to protest,'' she said.

Some in the crowd tried to shout toward her what was really being said, but she couldn't hear them.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/washington...amp;oref=slogin

Okay, I'll say it:

"TWAT? I CUNT HEAR YOU!"

Sign in to follow this