TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

WWF Winged Eagle or WWF Attitude World belt?

WWF Winged Eagle or WWF Attitude era World belt?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. WWF Winged Eagle or WWF Attitude era World belt?

• WWF Winged Eagle
    • WWF Attitude World

Guest bigm350

My choice is the Winged Eagle. I like both designs, but the Attitude era World belt didn't look as prestigious to me. Especially with the godawful scratch logo. Anyway,whats your vote?

I preferred the Attitude belt with the oldschool WWF logo (which was used from 3/30/98 until the advent of the Smoking Skull belt).

WWF Winged Eagle.

I suppose it got chosen for nostalgic reasons seeing as it's belt I grew up seeing defended.

Bret Hart just talked about this...

Bret talks about the gold soldered belt, which is one of the ugliest belts is now the most important belt while the belt he wore is not important any more. The WWF belt was a symbol to all wrestlers because of the history of the people who held the belt. The NWA belt also has a history to it. He does not know why the WCW belt is more important in the WWE because of that history. The WWF always tried to outdo WCW during his time with the WWF.

Credit: PWinsider.com

To me, the Winged Eagle will always be the best. I'd probably rank the current WWE Title over the Attitude title right now, also... it's just really grown on me ever since Brock's reign in the fall of 03.

I like the Attitude Era Wlorld Title the best. The Winged Eagle is a very classy looking belt, but my guess is WWE saw the SIZE of the Big Gold (and you know Vince and his preference for large things, wrestlers mainly), and decided to take the design of the Winged Eagle, and make it nearly the size of the Big Gold. Having owned a replica of both titles, the sizes are nearly the same. It's just my opinion that the Attitude Era was made to mix the old school design with what WCW was using.

My vote goes to the Attitude Era belt.

My vote goes to the Attitude era because, to me, it looks more prestigious. There's something about the overall look of the belt - maybe the full rounded centerpiece and the overall size of it compared to the Winged Eagle belt - that makes it stand out more.

To me, the Winged Eagle will always be the best. I'd probably rank the current WWE Title over the Attitude title right now, also... it's just really grown on me ever since Brock's reign in the fall of 03.

Oh god, I hate the current title that Cena is carrying around. What a gawdy piece of ugly costume jewellery. :throwup:

Oh god, I hate the current title that Cena is carrying around. What a gawdy piece of ugly costume jewellery. :throwup:

Oh, I actually meant the Undisputed title, not Cena's version.

I love the Winged Eagle Belt (don't all eagles have wings??) as it represented an era when I first became a fan, and it's the belt that Shawn Michaels wore, but I like more the Attitude Era Belt. Bigger size, great design, and I have it on my throphies display.

The Belt I like the most, though? The Undisputed WWE Title, around the time Rock and Brock wore it. Best all-around design IMO. And the 80s-to-mid-90s InterContinental Belt is also one of my favorites.

Cena really needs to get that "SMACKDOWN" plate with the fist replaced on his belt. And I'm stunned they haven't started selling replicas of it yet. Didn't take nearly this long for the custom US title to come out.

I liked when Jericho was carrying arond both the Attitude and the Big Gold at once for his reign.

Triple H also did that for a couple of weeks until the new belt was finished.

32vy1.jpg

The belt was already done when Jericho had the title. There was a picture on that Reggie Parks guy's website of the Undisputed Title with Jericho's nameplate on it.

HHH just wanted it held off until he won it.

Guest MrBriggs
^^^ Gold soldered belt? Is he talking about the World Heavyweight? If so, he's nuts if he thinks its ugly.

Anyway, I prefer Winged Eagle, but to further that I prefer the 1986 belt before that one.

This one:

http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/Br...23&Item_ID=9183

Did Hogan switch to that one after breifly wearing this one:

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/4728/hoganfirstwin9mf.jpg

?

^^^ Gold soldered belt? Is he talking about the World Heavyweight? If so, he's nuts if he thinks its ugly.

Anyway, I prefer Winged Eagle, but to further that I prefer the 1986 belt before that one.

This one:

http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/Br...23&Item_ID=9183

Did Hogan switch to that one after breifly wearing this one:

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/4728/hoganfirstwin9mf.jpg

?

There was also this belt in between.

21.jpg

belt_wwe_world_attitude.jpg > belt_wc_winged_front.jpg

I prefer the more rounded central medal. If anything the attitude era belt just looks like the Eagle belt mk. II. Also I think the eagle looks better sitting on top of the globe rather than with it's wings framing the globe.

I have to go with the Attitude belt. That has been my favorite for a long time and I was sad to see it go. I always thought the Winged Eagle one looked too small and almost toylike. Like it was some replica belt you could buy for your kids. Especially towards the end of it's run when it was falling apart. (No I don't mean when they basically made it into the Hardcore belt, I mean around late 97 and early 98 when it looked really ragged).

Another reason to hate that miscreant. :P

How many belt threads are there going to be? A belt is a belt to me. They're just props.

Yes, it is, but it still should look cool as something youd want. Would you fight over a toilet full of shit? I dont think so.

The Attitude looks way better to me. Chunkier and round. More aesthetic symmetry.

My favourite belts are: 1. Current NWA WHC 2. JBLs WWE.