TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest seth86

Bret Hart meeting WWE

Guest *KNK*

Why would Austin and Bret have a falling out?

In one of Bret's columns, talked about still being in touch with Austin and periodically calls him...

Maybe not "close" friends but they certainly aren't enemies and they are cordial friends.

I wouldn't mind seeing HHH or HBK talk in the main feature, limited to a minute or two. Negative or positive, it could be interesting.

I really doubt Shawn would be saying anything negative considering how he put Bret over on his DVD. If it's about Montreal, he might just say he had a job to do and he did it like he always says.

I've never seen the HBK DVD. How did he put Bret over? Do they cover Bret and Shawn's real life feud?

I wouldn't mind seeing HHH or HBK talk in the main feature, limited to a minute or two. Negative or positive, it could be interesting.

I really doubt Shawn would be saying anything negative considering how he put Bret over on his DVD. If it's about Montreal, he might just say he had a job to do and he did it like he always says.

I've never seen the HBK DVD. How did he put Bret over? Do they cover Bret and Shawn's real life feud?

Right before the ironman match starts, it has Shawn talking about how he wouldn't have agreed to do the ironman with anybody else but Bret. He doesn't think he would've been able to do the match with anyone else, that's the only way it would've went an hour. The one thing that was comforting about the match to him, the one thing that wasn't a question mark, was he was wrestling Bret, he knew Bret would train and put his all into it, and he had nothing to worry about on the other side of the ring.

Well the title is changed.

From Brethart.com

August 7, 2005

We've just returned from Stamford, where everything went well and ended up being a groundbreaking step towards a positive future. The WWE wanted to pop the internet story of Bret being at the WWE studios first and it didn't seem like such a big consession to make in the overall scheme of things - so that's why we haven't posted about the DVD here at brethart.com yet. Later today, or tomorrow, I'll post some of my personal photos from the trip and also Bret is going to be on Dave Meltzer's radio show, either tonight or on Sunday, August 14th. We're still working that out and will post that info for you later today.

Personal notes; Bret, Cinzia and myself left for Stamford on Tuesday, August 2nd, flying Calgary through Toronto to New York. Our plane was diverted from landing in Toronto, to Ottawa, because of severe thunderstorms. While we were in the air on the way to Ottawa, an Air France flight skidded off the runway in Toronto and burst into flames! The Toronto airport was closed and we, along with a lot of other weary travelers all over the northeast, ended up stuck overnight. The good news was that everyone aboard the AIr France

flight got off the plane alive, before it burst into flames! With that good news, the delays were more tolerable and we made it to Stamford on Wednesday. After all that, Bret did a seven hours interview, which will be edited into the three-DVD set, which is a joint production of Bret Hart and WWE. The already historic photo of Bret and Vince that WWE posted was taken on Thursday, August 4th, at the end of our time there, on this visit. Our trip home was again delayed as a result of cancelled flights due to bad weather, but the upside to that was that we got to spend an enjoyable eveing in NYC before returning home to Calgary. I'm originally from NY, but hadn't been back since 9/11, but that's a whole 'nother story.Just because I can't give out more details about the DVD right now, take my word for it, everything that happened in Stamford was nothing but positive and this project will be the happy ending that all of Bret's fans have waited eight long years for - and more importantyly it's a beginning to the next chapter in the continuuing HItman saga. I I know you're all waiting to hear from Bret on all this, so we'll get that Meltzer interview set up.By the way, to clarify, the DVD set is now called,

The Bret Hart Story: The Best There Is, Was, and Ever WIll Be.

More soon.

Bret said on WO Live that the DVD set will have matches from Stampede Wrestling and the Hart Foundation days will be covered as well.

He also said he doesn't want an on-air role and nothing past the DVD set is scheduled, but he's open to the possibility of doing other projects with WWE.

Guest Ransome
Bret said on WO Live that the DVD set will have matches from Stampede Wrestling and the Hart Foundation days will be covered as well.

He also said he doesn't want an on-air role and nothing past the DVD set is scheduled, but he's open to the possibility of doing other projects with WWE.

The problem with a Bret Hart DVD is not which matches to include but which matches *not* to include. There's too many classics to narrow down to 3discs, even when confined just to his WWF career. Still, the inclusion of Stampede Wrestling footage will add to the completeness of the set, and I believe that it's appearing more and more likely the Bret Hart DVD will be the most essential WWE DVD they've ever put out.

Fuck that. It better be Benoit. Bret loves Benoit to death and Benoit has been seen on WWF/E TV pimping the Dungeon/Hart connection (like that time when Stu Hart was in the building and Benoit went over to him and embraced him or something with Jericho playing along). Benoit is the most logical choice.

My sentiments exactly.

I'd prefer "Excellence of Execution: The Bret Hart Story" but this is acceptable.

I disagree. The title of "The Bret Hart Story: The Best There Is, Was, and Ever WIll Be" sounds more important and grandeous in my eyes. Maybe they could title the documentary "Excellence of Execution".

No I don't have to worry. My wife knows where my loyalty lies. When she heard about the Bret DVD, she was like, "Yeah you can bet you'll find it under the tree come Christmastime."

LOL. Must go on about him a real lot then. In a way, its your own fault then that theres no surprises this year. :P

I'm shocked that anyone would be able to wait to just get this for Christmas. This is one of those things where I absolutely MUST be there to pick up on release day. :D

Not really. She have seen me watch Bret matches on the Benoit DVD and some Mania tapes. She can recognize who my favorites are.

Now if I could find a woman like that.

I'm shocked that anyone would be able to wait to just get this for Christmas. This is one of those things where I absolutely MUST be there to pick up on release day. :D

Isnt it coming out near Xmas, like in November? :huh:

Well under normal circumstances I'd grab it on the first day (like with Foley and Benoit's DVDs), but this time around I wanted to make my wife's Xmas shopping for me a bit easier (as she's had hard time figuring out what I would want).

You know, if he does the HOF at WM XXII, I can see Benoit introducing him, but practically every Canadian on the roster coming out and giving him an ovation. Well, it doesn't have to be only Canadians, but you get my drift.

Well under normal circumstances I'd grab it on the first day (like with Foley and Benoit's DVDs), but this time around I wanted to make my wife's Xmas shopping for me a bit easier (as she's had hard time figuring out what I would want).

Last time I checked we were in August though. :huh:

I was thinking that Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart would induct Bret Hart into the HoF. He's an original member of The Hart Foundation, and is the only other surviving member of the group overall, other than Bret himself.

What is the relationship between Bret and Neidhart these days?

Brothers-in-law. ;)

I would prefer Benoit doing it, because he would maintain an air of dignity and respect second to none, considering how he reveres the Hart family. Plus, I like having active wrestlers do the honours, as long as there is a real connection between the inductor and inductee.

As for the Bret Hart DVD, if anyone has a direct line to Santa, tell him this DVD and the Sin City SE are all I want.

Last time I checked we were in August though. :huh:

Your point?

Theres time to think up another gift.

Sorry, Downhome, but I think Jim Neidhart inducting Bret would be awful. Neidhart right now is a nobody, whose only claim to fame is being part of the Hart Foundation. He pulled his weight there, but Bret was the clear star. Inducting someone of the level of Bret Hart requires another guy on a similar level. I think Benoit is the most adequate choice.