TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

The Ultimate Fighter 2

Bonnar/Griffin is on Unleashed tonight.

DAMNIT, I missed it! It'll probably be on the Best of UFC show on New Year's Eve, though.

The undercard has been put together pretty well, which is makes it a shame that none of them will be seen on the telecast instead of Imes/Rashad snoozer.

If Imes vs Evans sucks the balls it should then you can bet UFC will be editing it out and showing another fight in it's place during the replay, similar to what they did for the horrid Marquadt/Salaverry fight on the UFN I card. The replay showed Kenny Florian vs Alex Karalexis instead which was a much better fight.

First fight result:

Kenny Florian def. Kit Cope via submission (RNC), Rd.2

Cope looked much improved than he did years ago when he first started outin MMA, and used his size advantage to keep the fight standing, and he hurt Kenny standing a couple of times in the first round. However, Florian eventually got a couple of takedowns and mounts, the second time unleashing a G&P flurry into an armbar. However, Cope hung tough for a few seconds and tapped out JUST after the horn sounded to end the round.

However, the damage had been done, and he went into the 2nd round with his right arm looking useless. Kenny had a much easier time scoring a takedown, and within seconds took Cope's back and locked in the RNC for the tap out.

Guest Askewniverse

They need to pick up the pace. We're about 50 minutes in and there's only been one fight.

I'm sorry. I'm a big MMA fan and this show has just BORED ME TO DEATH so far.

9:50 already and I've felt like I've just been watching one long commercial.

I'm sorry. I'm a big MMA fan and this show has just BORED ME TO DEATH so far.

9:50 already and I've felt like I've just been watching one long commercial.

Why is the 50 Cent movie the only sponsor for TUF Finale?

I didn't pay super close attention to the fight, missed the first 3 minutes of rd. 2, but am I alone in thinking Luke would get the decision? I thought he clearly won at least one of the last 2 rds

I didn't pay super close attention to the fight, missed the first 3 minutes of rd. 2, but am I alone in thinking Luke would get the decision?  I thought he clearly won at least one of the last 2 rds

I had it 10-9 Joe first round, 10-9 Luke second round and 10-9 Joe third round. It was even up until the final minute and Joe hit that last takedown and that sealed it.

I agree it's competing with Pride Bushido: The Tournament for MMA show of the year. This show had 4 fights, that show had what seemed like 40 fights but they've been equivalently awesome.

STUPID gameplan by Diaz. Rather than even attempt to sprawl, he tried to kimura a very tough guy to submit every time out. Props on boths guys ground skills, though I think Diego's G&P got a little exposed.

Close fight overall.

30-27 x 3? BULLSHIT.

Props to Diego, though.

My thoughts exactly. 30-29 all around, maybe. Diaz showed a great "offensive defense" with the upkicks and armbar attempts. Diaz has a beautiful guard.

I can't see Diego beating GSP or Hughes, however, they are way too strong and their wrestling is on another level than Diego's. Diego might not beat Trigg either. He still surprised me with his performance, major props to Diego.

Cant even decide which of those three fights in a row there was best. Thats a huge statement there in itself as it pertains to the quality of this event tonite. UFC hit a bonifide homerun here and will get me back in the game of throwing down on upcoming ppvs (last one I bought was Liddell-Couture back in April).

One thing though, I've lost any sort of whatever I had regarding respect/appreciation for Nick Diaz. What a fucking little whiny bitch he is - that statement about Sanchez in the interview after the fight was just fucked up. How he can talk shit on Sanchez yet state he respects him, and always has. Huh? I'm not even a fan of Sanchez and just want to see Diego whoop him hard in a rematch.

Diego really accentuated his strengths tonight, with good submission defense, ground scrabling and explosiveness. However, he also showed an overreliance on his G&P, and against someone with sprawl, his takedowns are going to get stuffed badly. And his stand-up is still his stand-up.

Goddamn that was a great night of fighting. Luke and Brad did well, but they just didn't do enough and take advantage of the openings they had (Brad more than Luke since Rashad seemed very winded by the 2nd).

Still, one ok fight and three awesome ones. If the prelims were any good, they could have made this a PPV and probably have done well.