TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

The Ultimate Fighter 2

Here's Bonnar's take:

The episode starts with the green team celebrating Brads win. Brad is pretty excited about the 5k he will be getting. Coach Franklin is all smiles as “green team got their win quicker than Couture’s team did…”

Back at the house, Joe breaks out beers for the green team and starts to get his buzz on. Joe is a hyper-happy kind of drunk. His housemates complain of his boozing and belligerent behavior. Jorge is annoyed with Joe’s behavior, but he isn’t the most jovial chap and has yet to crack a smile in 4 episodes. During a sober time for Joe, he and Jorge are caught strategizing by Jason. Marcus is awfully proud of the alliance him and Jorge have, and poor Anthony’s not in on it.

Enough of the stupid strategy; Let’s have a freakin’ challenge. The challenge is a hanging king of the mountain. Jorge and Joe are the last two left, and Jorge ends up winning. The only rule of the challenge is that no striking is allowed, and it looks to me as if Jorge was kicking Joe to get him off.

Here comes the best line of the episode from Jorge; “That’s how we get coconuts in Brazil.” You know, in Thailand they actually have trained the monkeys to get the coconuts for them. The green team wins again.

Now it’s time to pick who will fight. The seniority rule is in effect and Marcus is the oldest. He passionately wants to fight Joe. Dana knows it is a bad match up and is so sick of these stupid fight selections. Why not fight a striker if you are by far the best striker here? Dana’s face says it all…stupid damn pick.

Joe is surprised by Marcus calling him out. Marcus just looks a little too proud of his bold move. Joe is shocked but still doesn’t give a damn and is pretty confident in himself. Matt Hughes can’t wait to rub some salt in Jorge, by teasing him and saying, “I knew you wouldn’t fight Jorgie.” Jorge is so upset he actually starts growling at the dinner table. Marcus, getting ready for the fight busts out his favorite kilt. I swear I saw a Porsche symbol on the front of that thing.

Coach Hughes is excited about the fight selection and predicts a 1st round stoppage by Joe. Marcus is confident that he will win because of his clean lifestyle, eating healthy and not drinking. Joe on the other hand is a booze hound and not as strict with his diet. Joe, wear those leopard skin undies you wore at weigh-ins. It’s a smart move to use the Lodune Sincaid strategy to gain fans in the gay community.

The fight is the classic striker vs. grappler match-up. Marcus is very cautious and looks to be moving his feet slowly and cautiously. He never really even gets in range to throw damaging punches and just paws with his jab. Joe shoots...and what a slam! Holy crap, that was awesome! Joe passes Marcus’ half guard with ease, ties up his arms from the side mount and drops lethal elbows down. Marcus is obviously outclassed on the ground and can’t defend himself. Mark Laimon keeps yelling, “brutal, Joe, brutal.” Marcus taps out and probably realizes he should have picked someone else to fight. Joe wins the fight and proves in Leben fashion that clean lifestyles don’t mean anything.

And Forrest's:

The teams have by now each lost one member to a fight, so things are pretty even.

Big Brad wore his hat to the ring during last week’s episode; They should have let him fight in the hat, I mean, he probably wears it to bed or in bed (ladies).

Finally, some guys break down this week and we see a little drinking in the house. Joe Stevenson starts to show a little personality (a little booze always helps bring it out).

Some of Joe’s housemates don't seem to like his newfound character but hey, he is pretty entertaining to me. Then again, I wasn't trapped in a house with him.

The three remaining welterweights on the green team come up with a plan to win the competition, and engage in some super spy tactics such as entering the house through different doors and keeping secrets from each other.

I got a plan; win some fights!

Jorge shares with us some of his unique talents that involve noodles. Hey, anything to pass the time. Had I been there, I'd make fun of him. Hmm, but me and my friends do that anyway. Well, we are not locked in a house with no other forms of entertainment.

The welterweight challenge was a bizarre form of monkey bar hang man and a good test of upper body strength. I like the way Randy kept reiterating that there was no striking involved. I think it would have been more interesting with strikes allowed, as it was though, I thought I saw a few leg locks attempted. Jorge and the green team won by stepping on Joe and the blue team.

The green team then took a chance and put their best striker up against the blue team’s best grappler. Wait, did any of them not see the first five UFC's?

And didn't I see this fight in season one with Josh Rafferty and Diego Sanchez? Anyway, to the fight and, yes, it was TUF 1 all over again. Marcus, a world class boxer, was taken down by Joe via a Matt Hughes style take down.

How much did that suck for Marcus? It wasn’t just that he was being held down and elbowed repeatedly by Joe but having to listen to Marc Laimon yelling to elbow him the whole time.

I would have taped from that alone.

jorge is sucha poof. not to echo everyones sentiments, but matt hughes is the man. makes the show. rich franklin is a dolt. and the irish fag from his team deserved to get beat down. hughes pretty much laughed in franklins face for being such an idiot. the only thing franklin has going for him is jorge. don't fuck with jorge, or looook at him allllllllll crooked.

whos da chickeeen now, beetch.

i am going to start manicuring my eyeborws like jorge now, too. fuck does he rule.

Bonnar line of the week: Joe, wear those leopard skin undies you wore at weigh-ins. It’s a smart move to use the Lodune Sincaid strategy to gain fans in the gay community.

Griffen line of the week: The green team then took a chance and put their best striker up against the blue team’s best grappler. Wait, did any of them not see the first five UFC's?

Tough call with Forrest this week, actually. Although to be fair, I think Patrick Smith kneed the eyeball out of a grappler in UFC 2 or 3...

Guest Brian

WEell, I was complaining about them last night. It looked to me like he was using the point of the elbow and coming straight down. Everyone I know is saying the same thing.

IIRC, you can't use the point coming down from the air. Think of a trucker's horn-tooting motion. Frank Trigg threw some similar blows on Charuto, and got away with it.

SInce Joe was coming in from the side with them, I think it was within the rules.

Bonnar line of the week: Joe, wear those leopard skin undies you wore at weigh-ins. It’s a smart move to use the Lodune Sincaid strategy to gain fans in the gay community.

Griffen line of the week: The green team then took a chance and put their best striker up against the blue team’s best grappler. Wait, did any of them not see the first five UFC's?

Tough call with Forrest this week, actually.  Although to be fair, I think Patrick Smith kneed the eyeball out of a grappler in UFC 2 or 3...

It was elbows on Scott Morris, and rolling guillotines aside, calling a Ninjutsu stylist a "grappler" makes me cry.

UFC 1: Gerard Gordeau (savate & karate practitioner) knocked marginal Samoan sumo wrestler Teila Tuli's tooth into Kathy Long's lap (while embedding another two into his foot) with a roundhouse kick, and followed it up with a right hand to the head. I don't remember which blow opened Tuli up.

In UFC 2 or 3 it was a kickboxer or savate stylist that crushed his opponet's eye who was a either a sumo or just a big fat samoan.

I remember seeing that. The first UFC I ever saw. Fucker snapped off a kick and it was like his face exploded.

UFC 1: Gerard Gordeau (savate & karate practitioner) knocked marginal Samoan sumo wrestler Teila Tuli's tooth into Kathy Long's lap (while embedding another two into his foot) with a roundhouse kick, and followed it up with a right hand to the head. I don't remember which blow opened Tuli up.

I thought it was a kick while Tuli was down and somehow Gordeau's big toe poked Tuli's eye out.

Tough call with Forrest this week, actually.  Although to be fair, I think Patrick Smith kneed the eyeball out of a grappler in UFC 2 or 3...

It was elbows on Scott Morris, and rolling guillotines aside, calling a Ninjutsu stylist a "grappler" makes me cry.

My bad. I thought it was a judo guy. It's been a while since I've seen the early UFCs...

Yeah, Tuli was down, but not really from anything thrown by Gordeau. He tried a stereotypical "sumo rush," and beating Tank Abott by about 3 years, more or less tripped to the ground/against the cage. Gordeau finished him off shortly thereafter.

Maybe he's talkin bout Remco.

Remco actually beat the crap out of a striker, who admittedly was outweighed by like one hundred pounds or something.

I always wondered why he didn't do that well against Royce at UFC 2, I mean he was a grappler who was experienced in Judo and outweighed Royce by like 100 pounds, so you'd think that he could have done something.

He had the best post fight interview though, after he beat the little black guy. "I thought I was gonna lose, he is a tougher guy then me, I guess he's not tough."

Most of best Dutch grapplers at the time didn't really do all that well in MMA events, often being outclassed by Brazilian, Russian & Japanese counterparts in the submission department.

I didn't pay for it, but I want my money back anyway. John didn't do a goddamn thing. Next week's show looks good though; they teased the kicking of much ass by Hughes.

I thought it was Tom.

Anyways, that fight was a cure for insomnia, but at least we get something good out of it - Hughes getting pissed off. Then again, when does he NOT get pissed off?

Guest Brian

I'm pretty sure next week we'll get Jorge fighting, and I would think that Team Franklin wins the challenge, based on the soundbyte of Franklin telling his fighter that if he lost Franklin would "kick his ass". That paired with the hyping of Matt's "Miletich Motor" running wild, and the teaser of a brawl makes me assume we're going to get Liddell's boy going up against Jorge (which they should have teased more than they did.

Yeah, it was Tom. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's Bonnar's take:

Matt Hughes is happy. He is on cloud 9 gloating as if he was General Patton himself. The only thing that can help him feel even better, is messing w/ Jorge some more. That never gets old.

Team Hughes gets to go to the Y. That is usually a special treat. One time me, Diego, and Forrest took a yoga class at the Y. In the middle of a pose, Diego farted really loud and blamed it on me. No Yoga for team Hughes. Matt has an interesting strategy of having his most injured fighters fight.

Everyone ready for the Randy Right Guard Challenge? The Sock Strip is on. Mike Whitehead not only cleans all the socks off by himself, but even has time to tickle feet in between sock strips, and leads his team to victory. No joke needed here. Please insert your own.

Brad Imes takes a low blow at Hughes and the Mititech camp, implying that they are good at stripping down men. You hear that one Mr. Sylvia? Enough of me instigating fights. But seriously, between the sock strip challenge and team Franklin prancing around in whitey tighties, I ask you; what is this world coming too? And here comes a great line from Brad: I’m wearing Jorge’s extra-MEDIUMS?

Tom picks Rashad to fight. He says it’s because he has tons of respect for Rashad. Maybe a little foreshadowing, because we all know that too much respect can lead to a boring fight. At the weigh-ins and while wearing the skimpiest undies he could find, Rashad takes it upon himself to show America that if the fight thing doesn’t work out, he could become the next Dirk Diggler.

Back at the house, the new game is hide and seek. Personally, I preferred to play “pee on someone’s bed.” Brad actually suffered more harm in this game than in his fight. Sammy had a bad spill too. “Coach, I can’t train, I got hurt playing hide and seek.”

Tom and Rashad are hanging out and joking around the night before their fight…How disgusting! Sure, I played cards w/Swick the night before we fought, but I just used it as an opportunity to dump a bottle of Visine in his Gatorade.

Before the fight, Tom did say how his game is superior to Rashad’s. I don’t know Tom, I’ve seen Rashad out at the club, and the dude’s got some game.

Rashad starts by throwing a lazy jab with his hand completely relaxed as his wrist limp (maybe the challenge or the underwear prance is rubbing off on him). It noticeably bothers him as he shakes it out. I fell asleep the rest of the round and woke up when it was over. It is just like in school when a really boring teacher would lecture and put you right to sleep. Then you would wake up right when the lecturer stopped. OK, I did wake up with 10 seconds left. It was in just enough time to see Tom land an elbow followed by...the bitch slap! The back hand, aka bitch slap is a technique made popular by 1970’s American pimps. In round 2, Tom goes for a guillotine, Rashad escapes and Tom gets back to his feet. Dammit, I fell asleep again. Round 3 is probably the best of the three rounds. Tom does pull guard. Rashad lands a good superman punch. And they do a little slugging at the end. Tom lands his best elbow w/ 20 seconds left and Rashad stands in front of him with his hands down and does some sort of dance. Tom doesn’t capitalize and the fight ends.

What I liked best about this fight was Dana’s commentary in between rounds, along with the ring girls’ behinds (but that’s understood). Dana hated the fight and said it was one of the worst fights he has seen. I liked the fight, but then again I like any fight. That’s probably why I used to instigate fights between the Special Ed students back in school.

I can’t wait till next episode which is said to be the most violent blood bath yet. I predict Jorgie will step up and leave it all in the ring.

And Forrest's:

Wow!

Ok, where to start? Well, the fight…I guess there was a fight. Hmm, I think there was a fight.

I'm told Tom was a wrestler. Are you sure? I'm certainly not sure. There is only one thing I'm sure of; Rashad won the dance contest. Oh ya, and the fight.

Somebody call Hollywood! I'm making a movie. It stars Tom Murphy and Rashad Evans and it’s called Missed Opportunities. Tom said he had no regrets. Well, he should have some as even I do.

I regret wasting those 15 minutes of my life watching that fight. And my life isn't even that full so it’s not like I even really needed those 15 minutes. Tom should regret everything--especially the "fight."

On the bright side, at least Rashad showed his skills as a dancer. Rashad was actually the former lead dancer for the pop odyssey tour with ‘N Sync. Had Rashad lost the fight, he would at least still have secured a spot on Usher’s (or Ursher if you’re from the streets) new tour.

Tom did a little dancing as well. He did the white guy robot. That’s the same dance I do unfortunately.

The match up in the fight featured Tom Murphy, NCAA wrestling champ vs. Rashad Evans, 8th grade talent show champion. Rashad Evans won with all the right moves.

But enough about the fight. There was some other stuff in this episode too, like the challenge. Yeah, the challenge. Men taking clothes off other men. The sock removal game is yet another reason why I didn't wrestle in high school.

And what was up with the Green team frolicking in their underwear?

Great guys, way to help the image of the sport. We get it—you are bored. Trust me, I understand.

But still, wow.

Bonnar: "I liked the fight, but then again I like any fight. That’s probably why I used to instigate fights between the Special Ed students back in school. "

Griffen: "There is only one thing I'm sure of; Rashad won the dance contest. Oh ya, and the fight."

Nothing spectacular from Forrest this week. But I'm sure he fell asleep like the rest of us.

KingPK, I wish it was John Murphy instead of Tom Murphy. At least the WSOP 2004 was entertaining...

This weeks episode was pretty good...One thing bothered me: Dana White's comments.

That fight was FAAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from the worst fucking fight I've seen. Hell, it's not even close to the worst fight UFC's had, let alone MMA. Dana White tried to sell it like it was the most godawful thing ever, and maybe to someone who HADN'T seen Royce/Shamrock 2, or Severn/Shamrock 2, or Randleman/Nakamura(For a few examples), it was...but I've seen way fuckign worse then that thing, and his shilling of it, and practically buring both fighters pissed me off.

It wasn't a great fight, not even good, or okay...but worst fight he's ever seen? Bull-fucking-shit.

Edit: Hell, it wasn't even the worst fight in TUF history. Koscheck/Leben SMOKES it just due to the sheer disapointment of it.