TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Cruel Intentions is on...

Because ABC Family executives like the love between the stepbrother and stepsister. it shows quality family values.

What?

Guest Vitamin X
Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair making out gave me a boner, in spite of me never finding either particularly attractive.

I agree about not finding either attractive, but Sarah Michelle Gellar did look pretty good in this one. Kind of like how Julia Stiles looks pretty pedestrian in every movie I've seen her in, except for A Guy Thing.

I thought the ending was bad, but then I guess they weren't gonna have those guys engage in a sword fight like they did in Dangerous Liaisons.

And, for the record, let's strike that goony-looking weirdo Gellar out of the make out scene and have Witherspoon and the sometimes hot Blair go at it.

Why is Cruel Intentions on ABC Family? How is that a FAMILY movie?

ABC Family has jackshit to do with family friendly programming. It's a ghetto for Disney to show old sitcoms, cartoons, and movies and make a cheap buck as a result.

Why is Cruel Intentions on ABC Family? How is that a FAMILY movie?

ABC Family has jackshit to do with family friendly programming. It's a ghetto for Disney to show old sitcoms, cartoons, and movies and make a cheap buck as a result.

They do have TGIF in the daytime (Family Matters/Step By Step/Boy Meets World)

So did anyone catch this on ABC Family? I was going to try to catch it to see what they cut out but I had to work. If anyone here did see it, what parts were left in that you feel should have been cut out?

So did anyone catch this on ABC Family?  I was going to try to catch it to see what they cut out but I had to work.  If anyone here did see it, what parts were left in that you feel should have been cut out?

If I know Disney, they just aired the fucking TV edit that every other fucking channel shows whenever they air Cruel Intentions. Meaning they bleeped the foul language and added the scene where Selma Blair's character's mom buys Katherine a dress as a reward for telling her that her daughter was lusting after a black man and that everything else is uncut.

Blair's the hottest of the three. Witherspoon's good but not great. SMG is very overrated.

There are two other Cruel Intentions, both trying to rip off an already crappy storyline.
Dangerous Liaisons is a crappy storyline? I disagree.

Dangerous Liaisons is solid. And it has Uma Thurman when she was 18 and hot. Remember when she used to be hot? I do.

Valmont came out around the same time as DL and is based off the same source material. Never seen it, though.

Blair's the hottest of the three.  Witherspoon's good but not great.  SMG is very overrated.

That's the order I'd put them in, although Witherspoon is exceptionally cute. Gellar does nothing for me.

Dangerous Liaisons is solid. And it has Uma Thurman when she was 18 and hot. Remember when she used to be hot? I do.

Valmont came out around the same time as DL and is based off the same source material. Never seen it, though.

Valmont is pretty good...Meg Tilly was pretty decent looking (Jennifer is better, though), Annette Benning is always fantastic looking, even today, and it features a VERY young Fairuza Balk getting plowed by Colin Firth...I believe it came out in 89...