TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stringerbell

WWE news on the Ultimate Warrior DVD

I'm going a bit off topic from Sensei's post.

How bad is Savage and WWE's relationship? Next to Bret, a Savage DVD I would buy without question as long as it isn't a hack job. Though, some Savage impressions could be funny.

Guest MikeSC
How bad is Savage and WWE's relationship?

They think Savage is as crazy as the Warrior.

Aren't they very much correct?

Does Warrior/Savage from WM7 include all the post-match stuff with Elizabeth? I have to figure it wouldn't.

No, thank God. Seeing that woman in the audience bawling over a wrestling angle insulted my intellect.

Does Warrior/Savage from WM7 include all the post-match stuff with Elizabeth? I have to figure it wouldn't.

No, thank God. Seeing that woman in the audience bawling over a wrestling angle insulted my intellect.

Oh c'mon. That's one of the best moments in wrestling history and one of the biggest WM moments of all time.

Meltzer is talking about the Warror DVD on WOL, as a lot of calls are about it. He confirmed the Hogan deal after their WM VI match was Hogan going into business for himself and his stealing the spotlight from Warrior. He also said that WWE intended Warrior to be their main guy in the 90s.

Guest MikeSC

The WWE acknowledged that they wanted Warrior to be their standard-bearer in the 90's.

He just failed at it.

at least the second disc has savage vs warrior from summerslam

anyhow I saw this today at sam goody and it was only 19.95

tthey also had the taker set on sale for 24.99 (instead of the usual 35 bucks) but im short on cash so I got neither.

no jesse commetary makes me mad but as long as it is on the wm box set no worries (how come jesses voice is heard on hogans dvd from 2002 then?)

should have known since they edited jesses voice from the stras of the 80s (and in the setamboat profile his voice is pretty much taken off the highlights of the savage stemboat wm 3 match)

I might wait now until this is cheaper since best buy only has it for 16.99 for the single disc version

(i dont have an FYE store near me so Im screwedI guess)

Why was the Undertaker 35 bucks for you? I've seen it generally around 16.99 to 22.99...I've never seen a WWE dvd reach over 30 bucks except Flair's dvd and that was only at Suncoast.

I dont know maybe it was 29, I just assumed it would reg be 35 cuz thats the usual for 3 disc sets at places like suncoast or goody (it has been in the past I mean). It just has the for sale price sticker on it.

How bad is Savage and WWE's relationship?

They think Savage is as crazy as the Warrior.

Aren't they very much correct?

It was 1991. Wrestling was still "real." Plus Bobby Heenan's comments on all of it is excellent.

I found an easter egg:

Go to the extras menu, then go to Warrior University and press right two times:

-It's the "Choose the path of the Warrior, The Journy Begins..." commercial about the blind black guy and another guy who almost ripped him off, but decided not to.

That's the only one I see on this DVD.

Here's another one about a guy in a wheelchair who works out:

Go to the third chapter selection screen and highlight the "Name Change" option, then press Right, Right to see a hidden "Warrior University" commercial.

I found an easter egg:

Go to the extras menu, then go to Warrior University and press right two times:

-It's the "Choose the path of the Warrior, The Journy Begins..." commercial about the blind black guy and another guy who almost ripped him off, but decided not to.

That's the only one I see on this DVD.

Here's another one about a guy in a wheelchair who works out:

Go to the third chapter selection screen and highlight the "Name Change" option, then press Right, Right to see a hidden "Warrior University" commercial.

Is it the same as the one in the "extras"?

Having watched the Hogan/Warrior match on the DVD I'm a bit baffled at the "Hogan went into business for himself" post match thing. It seemed like Hogan gave him the belt, hugged Warrior, and got on the cart and left. I didn't think Hogan did anything wrong there.

Guest bigm350
Having watched the Hogan/Warrior match on the DVD I'm a bit baffled at the "Hogan went into business for himself" post match thing.  It seemed like Hogan gave him the belt, hugged Warrior, and got on the cart and left.  I didn't think Hogan did anything wrong there.

That's just it, though. Hogan had to have the spotlight on him, with all the aforementioned things you just stated. You never saw Bret, Savage, or others during that time period, do things like that.

Having watched the Hogan/Warrior match on the DVD I'm a bit baffled at the "Hogan went into business for himself" post match thing.  It seemed like Hogan gave him the belt, hugged Warrior, and got on the cart and left.  I didn't think Hogan did anything wrong there.

The problem was it made the big story Hogan being a gracious loser and not Warrior had just beaten Hogan to become the new top guy. Hogan did the same thing to Rock at WM X8; even though Rock won clean, the spotlight was all on Hogan for being a gracious loser, and Rock got nothing while Hogan got everything.

Well, the Rock thing was a bit different since the crowd was so rabid for Hogan anyway....was that all booked or did Hogan do a similar "going in business for himself" deal?

As far as WM 6 goes, that was really the first clean loss that 90% of the fans had ever seen from Hogan. I thought the ending of the show only reinforced what an epic encounter it was and Hogan giving Warrior the belt and raising his hand to me was an attempt to put the Warrior over. I don't really get why Hogan did anything so heinous there that it would hurt Warrior's career.

If Warrior's career suffered as champ it was more due to not really having any fresh feuds. By 1990 DiBiase's heat wasn't what it was 2 years before, so that feud really didn't capture the imagination. Rude/Warrior had been done to death and no one really gave Rude a chance of winning. And for various political reasons they didn't want another Hogan match (it was face/face anyway). Who was Warrior going to face?

Well, the Rock thing was a bit different since the crowd was so rabid for Hogan anyway....was that all booked or did Hogan do a similar "going in business for himself" deal?

As far as WM 6 goes, that was really the first clean loss that 90% of the fans had ever seen from Hogan.  I thought the ending of the show only reinforced what an epic encounter it was and Hogan giving Warrior the belt and raising his hand to me was an attempt to put the Warrior over.  I don't really get why Hogan did anything so heinous there that it would hurt Warrior's career. 

If Warrior's career suffered as champ it was more due to not really having any fresh feuds.  By 1990 DiBiase's heat wasn't what it was 2 years before, so that feud really didn't capture the imagination.  Rude/Warrior had been done to death and no one really gave Rude a chance of winning.  And for various political reasons they didn't want another Hogan match (it was face/face anyway).  Who was Warrior going to face?

It's the exact same thing, because in both cases instead of the focus being on the guy who won the match, the focus was on Hogan being gracious and humble in defeat. Whether it was Hogan going into business for himself or not, the result was the same; the spotlight remained well and truly on Hogan, and the winner of the match was secondary.

... and Hogan giving Warrior the belt and raising his hand to me was an attempt to put the Warrior over.  I don't really get why Hogan did anything so heinous there that it would hurt Warrior's career.

If Hogan had just handed the belt to Warrior and walked away, leaving the spotlight to Warrior on his own, then I might agree. But Hogan milked that whole deal for all he could get. He made sure to take his time and make sure people remembered how gracious he was in losing the match, so that he got the most out of the match, and not Warrior.

If Warrior's career suffered as champ it was more due to not really having any fresh feuds.  By 1990 DiBiase's heat wasn't what it was 2 years before, so that feud really didn't capture the imagination.  Rude/Warrior had been done to death and no one really gave Rude a chance of winning.  And for various political reasons they didn't want another Hogan match (it was face/face anyway).  Who was Warrior going to face?

Yes, Warrior would have likely failed anyway, but Hogan still showed his huge ego by stealing a spotlight that he absolutely did not need.

Guest NitroJMS

Why does the promo poster for Attitude Adjustment shown at 1:16:23 show Ultimate Warrior as the world champion? Were there plans for Shawn to drop the title to him in mid-96?

Why does the promo poster for Attitude Adjustment shown at 1:16:23 show Ultimate Warrior as the world champion?  Were there plans for Shawn to drop the title to him in mid-96?

No. Meltzer did a huge story about the DVD and Warrior's career in general and while he said the DVD was actually mostly fair that was a manipulated image where WWE got careless. Someone produced the same program with WWF Champion Shawn Michaels vs. Vader as the top match with an identical undercard, so it was edited because they couldn't find a program with Warrior listed on the card from that time period and needed something to illustrate and were too careless to edit out the "WWF Champion" part. That's all it is.

in summation:

is this dvd worth it? should I buy it? or is it honestly mindless garbage?

If you remotely liked/are interested in Warrior, yes buy it. It's quite funny in several spots especially the montage of Warrior interviews, the discussion on Parts Unknown and the political way they explained his departures. If you have no interest or liking of the Warrior, you can skip it.

Well in case anyone was still wondering, I ordered the dvd from the fye website on the chance it would include the bonus disk and it does. So if you are like me and want the bonus disk but don't have any fye stores in your area you can get it this way.

I got the DVD from Wal-Mart for 15.93 today.

It made me sleepy. I laughed during the first long Warrior promo.

The extras are horrible, the main feature burial is boring, but so was the worker its about so I should've known better.

2/10 on the WWE DVD Scale.

Guest I miss Test.

I downloaded it. It was interesting to me because I wasn't watching WWF in the early 90's, and learned about Warrior. It also showed what hypocritical assholes WWE are.

THE DVD THAT IS NOT ULTIMATE DOES JUSTICE THROUGH THE VEINS OF HE WHO IS ULTIMATE, BUT ULTIMATELY UNULTIMATE. THIS IS DISULTIMATELY AN ATTEMPT TO DO EVIL IN THE GUISE OF THE WARRIOR WHO IS NOT DINGO NOR ROAD BUT ULTIMATE! I WILL TAKE THE PLANE THAT IS THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION AND CRASH IT UNTO PARTS UNKNOWN AND MERGE THE SPIRIT OF THE WARRIOR WITH THE SPIRIT OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT ULTIMATE AN UNDIVERSIFY THEIR VIEWS TO BE LIKEN MY OWN! YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE GREAT SPIRITS AND GODS ABOVE HAVE CAST DOWN THY PRICE AND WILL DESTROY YOU IN UNIRONIC PLATITUDES!

Guest MikeSC
I downloaded it.  It was interesting to me because I wasn't watching WWF in the early 90's, and learned about Warrior.  It also showed what hypocritical assholes WWE are.

Hypocritical assholes?

They are criticizing a rather vocal homophobe and a guy who insults the crippled and those dying of cancer.

They weren't "burying" fucking Gandhi here.