TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Fall TV Schedule...

Head Cases looks like it'll get the ax sooner than later.  Lost slaughtered it last night, as it dipped almost 50%.

I was kind of liking it too. 

You called it. Head Cases was just cancelled according to TVWeek. First cancellation of the TV season.

God damn.

Maybe that'll teach FOX that Head Cases is what happens when you put an eccentric comedy on after SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

The fact that it's not a very good show can't be denied.

I'm going to download the two episodes and save them just to have them.

I also think given that Still Standing didn't do that well, CBS could've moved Joan of Arcadia to Wednesday at 8.

You know, instead of cancelling it so Jennifer Love Hewitt can talk to dead people. The dead guy in the pilot of Ghost Whisperer was the same guy who played Joan's main protagnoist in the final. Creepy.

Ghost Whisperer might draw a big female audience, but if Bill Simmons' articles have taught me anything recently, it's that most women consider Hewitt a spawn of Satan and hate her immensly.

And I saw her on Letterman recently. She got a concussion during a fucking TABLE READING when she crawled under the table to greet a fellow actor, instead of just walking around the table like normal people, and got a steel chair rammed into her head.

I mean, what the fuck?

I also think given that Still Standing didn't do that well, CBS could've moved Joan of Arcadia to Wednesday at 8.

They'll hold onto Still Standing until it hits 100 episodes, which it will be close to at the end of this season. For generic family sitcoms syndication is where the big money is, and there's not much sense to canceling a show that is still performing decently and is only a season and a half from hitting the golden number.

Ghost Whisperer might draw a big female audience, but if Bill Simmons' articles have taught me anything recently, it's that most women consider Hewitt a spawn of Satan and hate her immensly. 

For what it's worth, my wife doesn't care one way or the other about her. But she DOES hate Emily Proctor (CSI: Miami) with a passion...

I watched the second episode of Reunion and I'm fairly certain that I'm done with it. It's too slow and tedious at times.

I'll watch Kitchen Confidential on Monday and if it doesn't improve, that's it

I've already seen the first two episodes of Inconceivable, and like Head Cases, it won't be lasting long.

I thought Head Cases was actually..um..ok. Not the worst show I've seen..they should have given it more time, but I guess they figured that with Baseball coming up, the low ratings would be even lower when it comes back.

Yeehaw.

Whats next to get the boot? Criminal Minds got a decent premier last night with almost 20 million people watching but its going to get hammered against Lost. Reunion would have to be my bet though, up against CSI and it only pulled in a little over 5 million viewers, down 1/3rd from 2 weeks ago.

FOX's shows are going to get hit hard be being pre-empted by baseball all next month..Im trying to figure out why they would start shows in September when they'll only get to air like 2 or 3 before it goes away for a month..

Everybody Hates Chris just about doubled the ratings for Smackdown last year..

And for everyone that said War at Home wouldn't be around long, it kept most of the lead in From the Simpsons (9.99 to 8.61 million) and it was in the top 20 for shows last week.

Holy crap, Ghost Whisperer wasn't bad. Yes, there was a good amount of hammy acting (mostly from the son of the dead soldier), but the ending was nice. Though Hewitt's EMT husband rethinking his career after one guy almost dies on him was a little much.

In Canada, How I Met Your Mother is airing on Sundays at 9:30.

Killer Instinct was stupid and campy, but it was a fun Friday night show. The fact that the new partner gets written out after the pilot is funny.

A fairly strong opening for "Ghost Whisperer" and the return of "Numb3rs"led CBS to a ratings win on the first Friday of the season.

CBS averaged a 6.7 rating/12 share in primetime, beating NBC, 5.6/10, by a fairly comfortable margin. ABC took third at 4.7/8, while FOX and UPN tied for fourth at 3.0/5. The WB trailed with a 1.8/3.

Among adults 18-49, CBS' 2.8 rating was tops, followed by ABC, 2.4, and NBC, 2.3. FOX finished fourth in the demographic at 1.7, edging UPN's 1.6. The WB averaged 1.2.

The premiere of "Ghost Whisperer," starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as a woman who sees dead people, posted a 7.3/13 for CBS at 8 p.m. NBC came in second with "Dateline," 6.3/11. The season premiere of "Supernanny" posted a 3.9/7 for ABC to finish third, ahead of "Friday Night Smackdown!" on UPN. The hour-long season premiere of "The Bernie Mac Show" on FOX was fifth at 2.6/5. The WB went with "What I Like About You" and "Twins."

From zap2it

You all should be ashamed.

Well Bob, look at the competition it had. Supernanny? Bernie Mac? What I Like About You? Not exactly powerhouses. You yourself said it was going to do well its first week.

The new season of Cheap Seats started last Monday with a Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest episode. They dumped the studio audience, which was a huge plus and seemed to have improved the comedy skits as well (though having David Cross to work with helps a lot).

Hopefully it drops off next week. Last year, Dateline was beating Joan, so hopefully the same holds true.

WILAY finished in 6th again, although they didn't release the ratings for it. It did okay last week, so hopefully the ratings hold steady.

Killer Instinct did a 3.5, I don't know if that's bad or not.

You all should be ashamed.

Don't blame me. Blame the people that saw Michael Scofield in the preview ads and were trying to figure out how he escaped prison only to end up talking to a girl who talks to dead people...

btw, I'm encouraged by Numb3rs getting a 7.0...

Killer Instinct did a 3.5, I don't know if that's bad or not.

Not so good.

Boston Public was ranging from 2.8 to 4.0 or so for its final year, which was the one on Friday nights at 9.

That number will probably dip to a 3.0, and like Johnny Zero, Boston Public, Luis, Wonderfalls, Firefly, Fastlane, Pasadena, Dark Angel, etc., it'll be gone sooner than later.

Thank God for DVR;

Sunday - Simpsons, War At Home, Family Guy, MAYBE American Dad.

Monday - Raw, AD, How I Met Your Mother, 24 (2006), American Idol (2006).

Tuesday - My Name Is Earl, House

Wednesday - Criminal Minds, E-Ring

Thursday - The Apprentice (I just started this season, and I love it)

Friday - FNSmackdown

Saturday/Sunday - Football, TNA Impact

Monday/Tuesday, I wouldn't be able to watch all of that without DVR. I'm barely able to watch all of it now, because we also tape Boston Legal, meaning we have Earl, House, and Boston Legal all on at once...hm.

Edit: Ah, geez, forgot E-Ring, finally watched the first episode this morning. It's good.

Thursday - The Apprentice (I just started this season, and I love it)

I dunno, this show has been heading downhill since the first season. They really need to do something to freshen up the show, because all the tasks feel exactly the same. At least with Survivor they can change the locales and make the challenges different.