TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Fall TV Schedule...

Veronica Mars, Arrested D, Family Guy and My Name is Earl are a lock for shows I'll watch.

I'll check out How I Met Your Mother, Kitchen Confidential and Bones.

I do need to check out Lost on DVD, but by the time my friends got obsessed with it, I was already way behind and figgered I'd never catch up.

EDIT: I'm really worried Veronica Mars is going to get cancelled though. It's such a great show, so well written and acted (aside from Teddy Dunn), and it has gotten horrible ratings. It doesn't have the press that AD has, either.

The Amazing Race, for certain even if the family edition is bad, because much of my blog traffic comes from posting about the show.

Otherwise:

Everybody Hates Chris, probably.

Arrested Development, probably.

Veronica Mars, maybe on a tryout basis.

EDIT: I'm really worried Veronica Mars is going to get cancelled though. It's such a great show, so well written and acted (aside from Teddy Dunn), and it has gotten horrible ratings. It doesn't have the press that AD has, either.

Very true. I really hope the four episodes they aired on CBS a couple weeks ago did it good.

Whatever the case, at least we'll get a full season. UPN doesn't really do mid-season replacements, aside from reality crap like the Missy Elliot show.

I'm looking forward to the new season of AD the most. Also, I like L&O SVU, so I'll still watch that.

For new shows, I'm going to give Reunion and Everybody Hates Chris a try.

What's the deal with Scrubs? Is there a premiere date for it?

I'll say this over and over, if you can get Tivo or a DVR that can do season mode, do it.

My TV schedule for my Tivo

Monday: Raw, Weeds. (I watch MNF live), 24, when it rears it's head

Tuesday: Law and Order: SVU, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office

Wednesday: Lost, Starved

Thursday: Open slot

Friday: Monk, Smackdown

Saturday: Lucha Libre

Sunday: Rome, Barbershop-the Series, Law and Order: Criminal Intent

That's what comes to my head as of right now for my regular programming.

The beauty of Tivo is I fast forward through commercials, so a lot of the shows end up shorter than watching live. Also, I watch when I get a chance. Sometimes I end up watching a block of shows back to back to back if I never get time. Some shows like 24 and Lost get watched within a day or two because they are so awesome.

I'm watching, or was watching (season ended) Entourage, Season 2.

I think its the best season of TV in quite some time. I got really hooked on Entourage Season 1, but in all honestly, it was VERY mediocre. I thought the show had so much promise and creativity to explore, and damn, did season 2 get there. I highly reccomend it.

For all you OC fans, Melinda Clarke shows up in a very "Mrs. Cooper" type role, and they drop a few funny lines about the show.

My copy of EW came with a DVD with the Everybody Hates Chris pilot episode on it. I have to say that it was really good--much better than what I was expecting, which was more of a typical sitcom with a smart-ass young Chris Rock making wisecracks, etc. It fits more in the Wonder Years mold, about him growing up with his siblings in Bed-Stuy, with no laugh track. I say give it a try, even if you're pissed that it took over the Smackdown timeslot.

Ill be watchign House for sure of course. raw on mondays and sd on fridays

I do like George Lopez as well.

Ill probably sample the new shows and watch them every week if I like them like the usual.

new seans for sunny in philadelphia and starved? when cuz this week is the season finales for both.

So..Threshold..

Positives: Strong Cast, digging the hot chick and her band of geeks and a midget in a quest to save the world..and ooh you just know they cast Brent Spiner as the doctor to attract the sci fi/star trek fans to it, but I think he fills the role well. Charles Dutton seems to be a good fit too.

Interesting, but convoluted story. Some wierd things from parts unknown are altering humans..oooh..X filesish.

Negatives:

Cheap looking special effects and visuals (even worse in HD..ugh).

The story would make a better movie than a series.

Overall, Im interested in a 3rd episode, but uh..Im not that enthused about the show.

So..Threshold..

Positives: Strong Cast, digging the hot chick and her band of geeks and a midget in a quest to save the world..and ooh you just know they cast  Brent Spiner as the doctor to attract the sci fi/star trek fans to it, but I think he fills the role well.  Charles Dutton seems to be a good fit too.

Interesting, but convoluted story. Some wierd things from parts unknown are altering humans..oooh..X filesish.

Negatives:

Cheap looking special effects and visuals (even worse in HD..ugh).

The story would make a better movie than a series.

Overall, Im interested in a 3rd episode, but uh..Im not that enthused about the show.

One more big negative: BRANNON BRAGA.

I did mention that before earlier in the thread. I'd agree in that it'd seem to work better as a mini, but I'm not one of the power-that-be, so what do I know?

Anyways, Carla Gugino is hot (but was better as Karen Sisco), the cast is good, we're waiting for things to devolve into full Braga mode, oh and the show seems to be a cross between X-Files and The 4400. I don't have high hopes for this one.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I was starting to wonder if they were going to blow their load with the first episode, but that twist at the end was neat and definitely opened up the storyline possibilities. Alyson Hannigan's character is great.

"Awww. You went and wussed out like a little bitch."

Leah Remini sure chunked up, didn't she?

Head Cases looks like it'll get the ax sooner than later. Lost slaughtered it last night, as it dipped almost 50%.

I was kind of liking it too.

I've already seen Inconceivable, which premieres tomorrow night, and it's mostly garbage.

Invasion was good and I watched Lost for the 1st time, what the hell is going on?

I concur with EHC being one of the best shows this season. Fantastic, funny characters without making them into parodies. The kid who plays Chris is great.

"If you make any noise, then I'll have to punch you in the face. If I punch you in the face, then daddy will kill me and go to jail. Do you want daddy to go to jail?"

How I Met Your Mother had some good laughs and was really cute.

Loved the ending. Will defintely watch next week.

I loved How I Met Your Mother. The entire cast is great. I didn't think Neil Patrick Harris was working until the "LAZER TAG!" scene.

Out of Practice is pretty good as well. If it was the same characters made likeable, I'd dislike it. But as it is, it's a very sitcomish Arrested Development at points.

Criminal Minds was alright.

They crammed way too much into the hour and it was a bit hard to follow. Hopefully they realise that less is more and make the stories easier to follow.

The cliffhanger ending was good.

The Head Cases site is already gone.

Nanny 911 is going to air in its place. You know, Fox could move the Monday comedies to Wednesday since there's 6 dramas (well there was) airing Wed at 9