TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

TSM's Fantasy Football Help Desk

I picked up Larry Fitzgerald off waviers.

Pick 2 (TWO):

1. Fitzgerald v StL

2. Reggie Wayne v JAX

3. Plexiglass Burress v NO (looked good Sunday)

4. Andre Johnson v PIT (and after the HOU offense stunk it up big time Sunday)

And he said Carson Palmer was there also. I'd like to play with those guys.

Anyway, Jacksonville's D is tough, but this IS Manning we're talking about. I'd go with Fitz and Wayne. I just don't know which Saints team is going to show up week after week now.

Who should I start at Wide Receiver?

I had Javon Walker but as you all know, he's gone for the year. So it's a 12 team league so I picked up Bobby Engram to replace him.

I have 5 WRs.

You can start up to 3:

Steve Smith (vs new england)

Keenan McCardell (at denver)

Derrick Mason (at tennessee)

Travis Taylor (at cinci)

Bobby Engram (vs Atlanta)

and for QB, I have Vick and Delhomme. Do you think Delhomme will have nice numbers coming off a loss against the Patriots? or should I try with Vick against Seattle?

What do you guys think about this trade:

I give up Julius Jones for Deuce McAllister and Larry Fitzgerald/Keyshawn?

I have Willis McGahee and Dunn at RB and Lelie, Booker, Moss and Coles at WR. I had Javon Walker as my #1 WR.

What the hell kind of league has Fitz on waivers?

There's only 8 teams.

A 6 Team league shouldn't have Fitzgerald on waivers provided you use backups.

As for the above post. Take Deuce & Fitzgerald. Deuce could be better than Jones outright. Avoid Keyshawn. He likely just had his best game of the year by far.

What do you guys think about this trade:

I give up Julius Jones for Deuce McAllister and Larry Fitzgerald/Keyshawn?

I have Willis McGahee and Dunn at RB and Lelie, Booker, Moss and Coles at WR. I had Javon Walker as my #1 WR.

So you are giving up Jones & Fitz for Deuce & lifetime position receiver Keyshaun? Its a bad trade.

I predict:

Jones to go for 1500 yards and 15 TDs

Fitzgerald 900 yards and 10 TDs

McAllister for 1100 yards and 8 TDs

Johnson for 800 yards and 6 TDs

At QB, should I go w/ McNabb hosting San Francisco . . . or Brees at Denver? It looks to be a win-win situation but w/ McNabb's chest bruise, I'm leaning towards Brees.

For the RB/WR position, am I better off starting Antwaan Randle El at Houston . . . or Stephen Davis hosting New England? I would think it's safer bet going w/ the RB, but considering the respective opponents, I'm not so sure.

Thanks in advance.

At QB, should I go w/ McNabb hosting San Francisco . . . or Brees at Denver?  It looks to be a win-win situation but w/ McNabb's chest bruise, I'm leaning towards Brees.

Go with Brees unless the Eagles update McNabb's situation REALLY soon (which they won't).

I would stay away from Davis in NE. Even if New England has LB problems, that'll hurt their pass defense worse than their run D. Their defensive line is still scary good, and Deshaun Foster will steal carries from Davis. Add that to the fact that the Patriots OWN power rushers, and it spells a mediocre day for Davis.

That being said, ARE isn't necessarily a safe bet, either.

As for the QB question before, Brees, definitely. Denver's secondary is vastly overrated, and the Bolts have Antonio Gates coming back.

I'd choose Leftwich against Indy, also, because Indy's pass D was subsidized by Kyle BOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLER lewis ed ray moving defense.

OK quick question. I've got Corey Dillon this week as one of my starting RBs, but I'm torn on the other starter. I've got Domanick Davis vs. the always tough Pittsburgh defense, or Fred Taylor against an Indy defense he's gained at least 100 yards against in 3 of the last 4 matchups. I've got Taylor as my starter for now, but I'm leery about it.

And don't even start on my WRs. I'm still trying to figure out which 3 of Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce, Chris Chambers, Anquan Boldin, Brandon Lloyd, and Donte' Stallworth should start.

I have Rudi Johnson starting for sure this week, he looks to be gold.

Should my second RB be Larry Johnson or Lamont Jordan? They're playing each other, and both should do pretty well. I'm hesitantly playing Larry johnson just because I looked stupid benching him last week.

Should I play Jimmy Smith or Boldin this week at second WR?

Guest I miss Test.

Jordan is a starter. Larry Johnson is not. I know he's scored TD's in 6 straight games, but that will not continue with only 10 carries at most, per game.

Smith or Boldin are great plays this week... I'd consider playing them both. I'd give Boldin the slight edge though, since he's been great against the Rams.

Guest Crazy Dan

Hey folks.. I am in a lil dilema, maybe you can give me some good advice, like you noramally do. I can start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB, 1DEF.

The only forsures I am going with include Balt D, Rudi Johnson, Deuce, Burleson

For the rest of my team, I could use a lil help:

I have Warner or Delhome - QB

Lee Evans, Crayton, Dal, or Roy Williams - to fill the other WR and possibly the WR/RB spot

Brown, Mia for the WR/RB slot

Pollard or LJ Smith, Phi - for the TE

I am leaning towards Warner, Lee Evans in WR, Pollard for TE... but unsure of the WR/RB slot. Any adice would be greatly appreciated..

I'll be playing him next week because of the Ravens' bye, but should I consider starting DeShaun Foster over Jamal Lewis for the next few weeks? Baltimore's offense is just pitiful right now and though Foster isn't the starter, he gets touches.

Raise your hand if you benched high scoring players this sunday? :bonk:

I had:

1) Stephan Davis on the bench because I was worried about the Pats defense....played Corey Dillion who did nothing

2) TJ Hougzandeh on the bench because I thought he was hurt....played Frisbee Jackson who did nothing

3) Issiac Bruce on the bench....played Troy Brown who had 3 receptions

Man, my receivers are sucking nard so far. Fitz and Reggie Wayne did jack. Lucky the rest of my team came through. Watch Plexiglass get like 5 TDs tomorrow, because I have him on the bench.

Also, I decided to cut JJ Arrington and pick up Stephen Davis. Good move?

Seriously, just keep asking for advice and let the others do their thing and you'll dominate. I hope you guys aren't playing for money.

Come on, don't tell me I'm going to lose by a touchdown AGAIN!