TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

TSM's Fantasy Football Help Desk

Guest I miss Test.
I guess nobody had Davis because nobody knew if he or Foster would get the carries.

And just because Davis got 25, and Foster got 7 for one game, it doesn't mean it's staying this way.

If it's a 1RB league, I wouldn't go near Davis. He's far from reliable.

Davis was even available in my 2RB league, but with LT/Martin/J. Jones, I'd have no need for him.

Guest I miss Test.

Do not trade Daunte... Minnesota has a nice stretch of crappy defenses in the middle of the season from week 6 to 14. Then, definitely dump him before your playoffs start. Week 15-17... Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Chicago. Yuck.

In a 288-player league (16 teams w/ 18 players through ESPN), I've managed to snag McNabb, Owens, and Willie Parker. Needless to say I'm 2-0 and won last week 152-62.

<----- Setting himself up for disappointment.

I guess nobody had Davis because nobody knew if he or Foster would get the carries.

I drafted Davis, but I have Willie Parker starting and since a 2nd RB is optional, I usually would play Owens, Muhammed, and Randle-El at WRs. However, this week I figure Davis is a good matchup at Miami so I'm playing him instead of Randle El who is hosting New England.

So I need a little help with a 3rd WR. These are my guys:

Michael Clayton (v. GB)

Brandon Stokley (v. CLE)

Keyshawn Johnson (v. SF)

Travis Taylor (v. NO)

Greg Lewis (v. OAK)

I plan on starting Clayton and Stokley, but I don't know who my third should be. All three look like favourable matchups, but I'm still not sold on Lewis because of the TO factor. So it's down to Taylor and Johnson.

Who should I start? Or should I start them both and bench Stokley?

I also have Mewelde Moore as a 4th RB to backup Edge James and Clinton Portis. (My 3rd RB is Marcel Shipp.) Should I bother keeping him? I still kinda have faith that he'll eventually start, but the way Minnesota's offense has been sputtering, that faith is being shaken on a daily basis. Should I keep him?

One other thing: I have TE Courtney Anderson against PHI. Should I stick with him or pick up one of these two:

Ben Troupe (v. STL)

Jermaine Wiggins (v. NO)

Thanks in advance for all your input.

My gut tells me Keyshawn should have the edge as the #3 receiver just due to the caliber of his competition. However, I'm FAR from an expert so I may be missing something newsworthy that someone else may be able to pick up.

So I've got my TE going on a bye week this week, which of these four TEs have the best matchup this week so I can plug him in?

Ernie Conwell

Jerramy Stevens

Erron Kinney

Matt Schobel

Guest I miss Test.

None of those options are great this week... but, I'd go with Stevens, despite being against the Deadskins. He's the main guy at TE since I believe Mili is still out. Kinney is eventually going to slow down as Troupe gets more looks.

QB problem this week, and I'm not really happy with either choice.

Trent Green (PHI)

Matt Hasselbeck (@WSH)

Hasselbeck has gotten more points than Green thus far, but has played worse in real life and he's on the road against a tough defense.

Green is playing the best team in the NFC coming off a short week and miserable loss to Denver, but he's at home.

Right now I'm leaning towards Green, but what does everybody else think?

The eternal question: Boldin or Jimmy Smith?

Boldin looks to have a pretty good game,

But I might start Jimmy if for sure Champ Bailey is out.

Or there's always Jurivicius, who may have a decent game too.

All I know is I'm a bit concerned about Larry Johnson after that abysmal game v Denver.

As is every week, this week is tough for me in one league cause I need to choose between Bulger and Palmer for QB.

Bulger vs. the pathetic Giants pass D or Palmer who has the best offense versus crappy Houston and their middle of the pack Pass D.

Guest I miss Test.
QB problem this week, and I'm not really happy with either choice.

Trent Green (PHI)

Matt Hasselbeck (@WSH)

Hasselbeck has gotten more points than Green thus far, but has played worse in real life and he's on the road against a tough defense.

Green is playing the best team in the NFC coming off a short week and miserable loss to Denver, but he's at home.

Right now I'm leaning towards Green, but what does everybody else think?

I have Green in a couple leagues, and he's been a disappointment with only 1 TD.

I'd still play him this week, though, as the Philly game looks like a 31-28ish type one to me.

Guest I miss Test.
The eternal question: Boldin or Jimmy Smith?

Boldin looks to have a pretty good game,

But I might start Jimmy if for sure Champ Bailey is out.

Or there's always Jurivicius, who may have a decent game too.

All I know is I'm a bit concerned about Larry Johnson after that abysmal game v Denver.

I'd play Boldin... but, the downside is that McCown focuses more on Fitzgerald. I don't like JAX scoring much in Denver.

Guest I miss Test.
As is every week, this week is tough for me in one league cause I need to choose between Bulger and Palmer for QB.

Bulger vs. the pathetic Giants pass D or Palmer who has the best offense versus crappy Houston and their middle of the pack Pass D.

I wish I had that decision this week.

Got to go with Palmer. I think he's moved up to "must play every week" level now. And with Houston's crappy defense, go with him.

Guess what! I just traded Boldin for Marvin Harrison. My team is fucking deadly for a 12-team league.(four keepers)

Carson

Griese

Rudi (can't fail)

LaMont

Larry Johnson

Shipp

Whoevere's backing up Ahman Green

Rrrrrrrandy Moss

My favourite Marvin harrison

Jimmuh Smiff (In the words of BL.)

Jurevicius

Battle

Heiden

LJ Smith

lindell

Steelers and Rams D.

My team gives me such a fucking boner.

My previously undefeated team got nailed to the wall in week 6 due to injuries and the bye week, having to start 2 waiver wire scrubs at WR..

Im going with McCown next week instead of Vick..I doubt he'll do much worse than Vicks 112 total yards 1 td/1 int today.

And I've got a damn good group of WR and RB when they are all playing and not hurt Boldin/Driver/Curtis/Engram(hurt) and Lewis/Jordan.

In a 288-player league (16 teams w/ 18 players through ESPN), I've managed to snag McNabb, Owens, and Willie Parker.  Needless to say I'm 2-0 and won last week 152-62. 

<----- Setting himself up for disappointment.

And sure enough, I'm now 2-4. I'm the drizzles at picking out a lineup. Luckily, for the past couple of weeks . . . everyone has sucked so it all comes out in the wash.

I suck at picking up players too for the most part.

I needed a TE this week and I went with Daniel Graham, even though I saw that the Vikings are giving up a ton of TDs to TEs and someone was recomending Desmond Clark as a deep league desperation start. Graham - 1 catch 5 yards (1.25 points) Clark 4 catches 19 yards 2 TDs (17.95 points).

Next week Im hoping that Bubba Franks is heathy to go vs the Vikings..