TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

TSM's Fantasy Football Help Desk

Guest I miss Test.
So, with Brandon Stokley injured and most likely not playing in Week 1, these are my options:

Tyrone Calico (Tenn) v. Pittsburgh

Samie Parker (KC) v. NY Jets

Some WRs available on the wire:

Justin McCareins (NY Jets)

Keyshawn Johsnon and Terry Glenn (Dallas)

Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson (Minn)

Greg Lewis (Phil)

I'd take McCareins. There's a good chance he may pass Coles for #1WR, and if he does, he's a great steal this year.

Yes, and this is the type of injury that hampers a player all year.

Exactly. With this being the type of injury that lingers, that'll hurt Eric's value somewhat.

With Eric out of the lineup, I believe they will be starting rookie TE Billy Bajema in his place.

Antonio Gates isn't playing this week correct?

That's correct.

Gates is suspended for this week and will be back in week 2.

I have a good idea of what I may do, but I'm still waivering a bit here.

Delhomme against NO or Culpepper against TB?

Also, I have a WR/RB spot and can't decide between Micheal Bennett(Rudi Johnson's my starter) and Randle-El(could be good with return yards).

Guest I miss Test.
I had Putizer and actually dropped him in favor of Cooley. Putzier's not going to start in Denver this year, and there's not going to be enough balls for two TE's. Cooley's a sleeper who will work the middle of the field while Smurfs 2k5 try to stretch the field. Stevens is a blocking TE in Seattle, and Schobel isn't involved in the Cincy offense.

Putzier will eventually get the starting job once Alexander gets injured, like he always does. Plus, Denver runs a lot of 2TE sets, so Putzier will still get a fair amount of catches.

Stevens isn't a blocking TE, either... he got a fair amount of receptions when he started last year, and he's a very tall target that gets looks in the end zone. Plus, Mili will miss at least the game against Jacksonville, so he's a decent pickup. Not that I'd want Stevens as my starter, but if he beats out Mili for most of the playing time during the season, he'll be a Top 10-ish TE.

Trent Green Update: Apparently he's good to go. He's officially probable, but feel free to start him. I am.

Trent will play. He doesn't miss games. :)

Also, I have a WR/RB spot and can't decide between Micheal Bennett(Rudi Johnson's my starter) and Randle-El(could be good with return yards).

Has the Vikings declared the starting RB for the game? If this is the TDs = 4 points league then it really does not matter who you start at QB since the position has been watered down...I would start Culpepper cause he is a running QB.

Guest I miss Test.

Tice gave some tirade about how he'll never mention his starting back through the season.

Basically, never play any Viking RB's until they fire that dope of a head coach.

Has the Vikings declared the starting RB for the game? If this is the TDs = 4 points league then it really does not matter who you start at QB since the position has been watered down...I would start Culpepper cause he is a running QB.

It's 1 yard = 1 point and TDs = 6 points.

So, Javon Walker is out. Should I pick up Robert Ferguson, or one of these guys?

Keenan McCardell

Keyshawn Johnson

Marty Booker

Also, should I keep TE Eric Johnson and hope he plays next week, or pick up one of these guys:

Courtney Anderson OAK

Alex Smith TB

Chris Baker NYJ

Baker picked up the starting job in New York, and with the way Heimerdinger runs his offense, he'll see enough opportunities despite how Pennington feels. Then again, they could shut down Chad any week now based on how his arm looked yesterday.

Who should I play week 2?

Anquan Boldin vs Rams

Jimmy Smith vs @Colts

Steelers D vs Texans

Chargers D vs Broncos

My lineup will PROBABLY look like this

Carson Palmer

Rudi Johnson

Larry Johnson

Randy Moss

Anquan Boldin

Jimmy Smith

Ryan Longwell

Steelers D.

I likey.

Keenan McCardell

Keyshawn Johnson

Marty Booker

I'd take Keyshawn. Miami is going to sink sooner or later (they always do) and Frerotte has never been good for more than two or three weeks. McCardell's numbers will head back into the abyss once Gates gets back. Ferguson doesn't impress me, and Driver's the new #1. That leaves Keyshawn, who might surprise a bit. Bledsoe isn't very good, but he's better than Testeverde was.

I won!

Also, Carson Palmer is availabe on waivers (and some other QBs).  Should I dump Plummer and pick him up?

I would drop the Broncos QB for the Dolphins, Bucs, Ravens starters. Jake is a decent backup but should not be the #1 starter for any fantasy team.

He's been released, so us LJ owners are okay, its just a misdemeanor anyways. He'll plea out.

I do want some help though. I'm trying to decide my 3rd WR in a friend's league

Go with Kennison against Oakland or Mason against the Titans or Randel El against the Texans? Choose two.

Edited by Stephen Joseph

Who should I be running with out of these RB's?

Deuce McAllister v NYGiants

Willis McGahee v Tampa Bay

Kevin Jones v Chicago

Larry Johnson v Oakland

I have 2 RB's and a W/R utility spot, so one of these 4 men are assed out. Which 3 should I run with?

Vermeil said he won't lose any playing time as a result. It was just a misdemeanor, and he turned himself in.

I'm thinking bench kevin Jones. He's playing the toughest D, and is maybe the least talented of the bunch.

He's been released, so us LJ owners are okay, its just a misdemeanor anyways.  He'll plea out.

I do want some help though.  I'm trying to decide my 3rd WR in a friend's league

Go with Kennison against Oakland or Mason against the Titans or Randel El against the Texans?  Choose two.

help?

Each has a significant risk. I'd say Kennison and Mason are the safer two bets, given KC's fairly consistent O-side and Mason being the only competent option for Tony Wright. On the other hand, Randle El is the recipient of Big Ben's deep throws, and the Texan D is nothing special. The problem is that:

a) Kennison isn't really a number one option (Green throws to TE's and RB's, mostly)

b) Mason plays in a horrific offense

c) El might not get a single pass in the game if Willie Parker runs wild on the Texans

Based on that, I'd say Mason and El. Kennison probably has less of a chance to lay an egg than El, but El has much higher upside.