TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceman03

Which Wrestlers did you like who weren't Stars?

Guest Iceman03

Which Wrestlers did you like who weren't Stars and most Wrestling Fans didn't like?

Kamala: He was a big boy, I wouldn't want to mess with him. He was kinda a loose gannon too and he didn't even know it, lol. At a time it took 3 trainers/managers just to control him during matches.

Sid Vicious: About as close as you can get without being a Star. I liked him even in WCW when he was in Team Madness with the Macho Man.

Lanny Poffo: His problem may have been he always tagged with jobbers because they would ask him (knowing he's good) and he felt sorry for them and said yes. He always held his own when he was in the ring against anybody though. His poetry and frisbee tossing was great.

the "Model" Rick Martel: He was a Model and Professional Wrestler, what more could you want. More you say, how about his new cologne called "Arrogance"?

Mongo McMichaels: One of the bigger and tougher guys after the original 4 Horseman were gone.

the "Cat": He was the 3 time Champ and could out trash talk just about anybody.

Disco Inferno: This guy was still living in the 70s but could get the job done in the 80s and 90s, respect.

Mike Awesome: He was simply Awesome at a time with his Powerhouse type moves and could take on Wrestlers of all sizes. He did well in WCW. Even when he was that 70s guy there.

Barry Horowitz: I marked out big time when he got his first televised WWF win. I was almost even tempted to buy the Barry Horowitz shirt that they were selling at Summerslam.

Don't know if people didn't like him here, but hey, what the hell.

I like Jeff Jarrett.

Brutus Beefcake: I don't know why, but he was my first "favorite" wrestler when I got into wrestling for the first time around 1989. I liked the Barber gimmick I guess, and thought his whole look and sleeper hold finisher were cool.

Owen Hart: He was my favorite for a long time, up until he died. It's too bad he was never able to break into the upper echelon before he passed away.

Bobby Eaton: I liked him even in his later years in WCW when he was used as a JTTS. Just something about this kind of everyday guy going out there and just trying to do his best that was appealing. Plus he can still work.

Ron Reis/Studd: If you don't remember him, he was in WCW from about 1998 on, and had a stint in Raven's Flock. He always seemed like he was fairly talented for a big guy. He had a solid but short-lived tag team with John Tenta that was kind of fun to watch, too.

Bart Gunn: I liked the New Midnight Express tag team, and always found Bart less annoying than Billy. I thought the WWF could have done a whole lot more with him after his win over Dr. Death in the "Brawl for All."

Guest J0bber

I mark out for early 90's heel gimmicks:

-Repo Man

-Bezerker John Nord

-Skinner

-Mike Rotunda

I'll second the Horowitz love. Him winning wasn't a shock to me in 1995 since I'd seen him HOLD A TITLE on Global back in 1992. I swear he was the TV champ on there and was Barry "The Winner" Horowitz.

Incidentally on the 24/7 this past month I've seen some 1988 house shows on the Old School and there are some killer Horowitz/Blue Blazer matches that are excellent for 88.

I'll second the Horowitz love.  Him winning wasn't a shock to me in 1995 since I'd seen him HOLD A TITLE on Global back in 1992.  I swear he was the TV champ on there and was Barry "The Winner" Horowitz.

Incidentally on the 24/7 this past month I've seen some 1988 house shows on the Old School and there are some killer Horowitz/Blue Blazer matches that are excellent for 88.

Trying to remember if I got the right guy in this role...it's related to this topic.

Back in the build up to WrestleMania XI, Jeff Jarrett had a match with a jobber who I THINK was Barry Horowitz, but I'm not sure. Later in the night, there was about to be a contract signing for an Intercontinental Championship match between the jobber and Jarrett, but Bob Backlund came out, gave the jobber the Crossface Chickenwing, and signed for the match himself.

Can anyone confirm or deny if it was Horowitz or not?

Your definitely right. That was the very FIRST Monday Night Raw I'd ever seen and I specifically remember that angle. Horowitz-Jarrett was a pretty decent match and then Backlund used the opportunity to ambush Horowitz and get a shot @ the belt. Also, wasn't there some underlying storyline that Jarrett was afraid of the chicken wing or something?

I think it all blew off on like a special Sunday show or something where Backlund had Jarrett in the chicken wing and looked set to win the title, but Razor Ramon interfered to save Jarrett's title so he'd get the IC match @ WM instead of Bret Hart (who was booked to fight Backlund in that "I Quit" Match where Backlund didn't submit, lol).

Does Marty Jannetty count?

I also liked IRS, Dean Douglas, Double J back when he had the Roadie with him, The BodyDonnas, Horowitz, The Berserker, Max Moon and Jean-Pierre Laffitte.

I appreciated Jose Luis Rivera . . . a true jobber's jobber. In MSG, he lost to Rene Goulet (in 1984), Barry Horowitz (in 1988), the Brooklyn Brawler (in 1989), and countless others.

Plus, I marked out for not only Howard Finkel's pronunciation of the JoseLuiiis Rrrrrrriverrraaaaaa name but also Rivera's half-assed 'point the finger' salute once his name was announced.

Blitzkrieg was awesome. He goes under the category of guys I wish I'd seen more of. I was never 100% on this but was he actually a Mexican luchadore or some white dude under a mask?

How could I forget this one: The Warlord. Take a bit of Goldberg's look and physique, and give him a Chris Masters finisher...and you get The Warlord.

Guest Iceman03

Owen Hart, forgot about him. RIP. Miss his matches, he always had good ones. A real tough guy in the ring too. Him and Bret had some great matches together (Steel).

David Flair, lol. That's a name I haven't heard for some time, he was actually pretty cool in WCW, I liked him. Him and Ric had some good skits too. I think with Stacy Keiber also? He's young so there's a chance he'll come to the WWE some day. Last I heard he was doing Indy Wrestling so he probably got better too. Hopefully if he comes back it will be while Ric is still there.

Disco

The Cat

Wrath

Mike Sanders

La Parka

Simon Diamond

D'Lo Brown! He was supposed to be the next breakout star, and then they fucked him.

It went downhill fast after the Droz accident.

D'Lo Brown!  He was supposed to be the next breakout star, and then they fucked him.

It went downhill fast after the Droz accident.

Yeah, that's two people I forgot about. I always liked D'Lo, and I really liked Droz.

Also, add Mike Modest to my list