TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

Unbreakable Card

This month's card is kind of underwhelming, as it's kind of the calm before the storm, and they're not doing any big matches yet. I fear an abundance of backstage nonsense to set up angles for the Spike debut.

Raven vs. Rhino: This should be a pretty fun main event title match. Nobody thinks Rhino has a chance in hell, so I'm guessing they keep this short, bloody, and to the point.

AJ Styles vs. Chris Daniels vs. Samoa Joe: This could go 2 ways. It could be a standard 3-way with some cool spots and a lot of stupidity, or they could put a ton of effort in and try to tear the place down. I'm leaning toward the latter, knowing who's involved. I think if they have a 3-way on par with the ROH debut show 3-way, the crowd will be fucking nuts for it. Something more along the lines of the ROH 1 yr anny show 3 way is more likely though.

The Naturals vs. America's Most Wanted vs. Team Canada vs. Waltman/Shelley: This will be yet another rehash of the same dull teams we've seen a million times, barring the new team of Shelley and Waltman. My bet is it comes down to The Naturals and Waltman/Shelley, and Lynn helps the faces retain. Should be a fine match.

Sabu vs. Abyss: It's hard for me to care about this. Abyss gets stuck in random matches nearly every month. There will be some sick spots, if Sabu hits everything it could even end up being entertaining.

Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode: Why? What a senseless waste of time.

From here, it seems like they have nothing else booked. Austin Aries supposedly has a match on this show, maybe they could put him against Jarrett? Hoyt has no match so far, and neither do a ton of X division guys. Overall the show looks like it'll be solid, but skippable. Maybe they'll use the bonus time to run an intriguing angle to pay off on 10/1.

Guest *KNK*

I'd rather see Aries placed against someone that is on his level and hopefully they can finally sign him to a contract and they can give him a good push.

Jarrett likely won't have a match but will still rear his ugly head all throughout the show.

I'd imagine Monty Brown, 3LK, Kip James have something to do on this card.

Kevin Nash is possible since he's coming back for BFG...

I agree completely that this is the most throwaway show that TNA has run in the 11 months of 3 hour ppvs...

They screwed the pooch when they announced BFG as their Mania...

This show is No Way Out...which always sucks...

I don't think JJ will wrestle on the show...but his main event with Raven at the big show is obvious. Here's the kicker though...I think he's losing that match. Call me nuts all you want to...I just think he is.

The three way is the whole show. They ALWAYS let AJ go all out in his ppv matches...and Daniels is getting pretty darn close to AJ status it seems...I think TNA is banking on solid undercard...fun bloody main event...and must see 3 way.

BFG is going to be better than this show by a long shot. Raven/Jarrett II will be a good main event. The show is too important and the workers too smart to blow it.

Add to that the Daniels/Joe/Styles/Liger combination and their should be 2 hot matchups.

If you're a casual TNA observer...save your coin for Bound For Glory.

I'd say Destination X had a much worse lineup.

This show will be unspectacular but solid. Matches like the tag title match could be good, and Abyss/Sabu could be a train wreck (in a good way or a bad way). Depending on how they fill out the card with X-division guys and the like, I see it being a solid PPV that doesn't really mean much in the end scope of things. But it'll certainly be better than many WWE PPVs this year, and the card is better than Unforgiven's.

The 3 way alone blows away Unforgiven at this point. While I don't want to shit on Angle, if Cena doesn't bring it, that match won't be that good. Everything else on Unforgiven is trash.

Guest Coffey

Dude, obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, they're leading to Ashley wrestling on PPV!

:(

I HIGHLY expect Shocker/Sabin to be added.

Hopefully Daniels retains setting up;

Bound for Glory:

Christopher Daniels v. Samoa Joe (X-Division Title)

Raven v. Jeff Jarrett (World Title)

The Naturals v. Alex Shelley & Sean Waltman (Tag Titles)

Petey Williams & Eric Young v. AMW

AJ Styles v. Austin Aries

Chris Sabin & Shark Boy & Sonjay Dutt v. Shocker & Matt Bentley & Elix Skipper

Abyss v. Rhino v. Jeff Hardy v. Monty Brown v. Lance Hoyt v. Kevin Nash (#1 Contenders match)

Sabu v. Jerry Lynn

BG James & Kip James v. Konnan & Ron Killings

Pre-Show Match - David Young & Simon Diamond v. Mikey Batts & Jarelle Clark

That would be my idealistic card. But it's not gonna happen. (Actually my idealistic card wouldnt have Nash, Hardy, and a bunch of them are the card, but thinking realistically, I'd love this show)

I HIGHLY expect Shocker/Sabin to be added.

Hopefully Daniels retains setting up;

Bound for Glory:

Christopher Daniels v. Samoa Joe (X-Division Title)

Raven v. Jeff Jarrett (World Title)

The Naturals v. Alex Shelley & Sean Waltman (Tag Titles)

Petey Williams & Eric Young v. AMW

AJ Styles v. Austin Aries

Chris Sabin & Shark Boy & Sonjay Dutt v. Shocker & Matt Bentley & Elix Skipper

Abyss v. Rhino v. Jeff Hardy v. Monty Brown v. Lance Hoyt w/ Kevin Nash v. Sabu (#1 Contenders match)

Bobby Roode v. Jerry Lynn

BG James & Kip James v. Konnan & Ron Killings

Pre-Show Match - David Young & Simon Diamond v. Mikey Batts & Jarelle Clark

That would be my idealistic card. But it's not gonna happen. (Actually my idealistic card wouldnt have Nash, Hardy, and a bunch of them are the card, but thinking realistically, I'd love this show)

TNA released the final card for the PPV today, adding these three matches:

The Alpha Male Monty Brown and Kip James vs. Apolo and Lance Hoyt

The 3Live Kru vs. The Diamonds In The Rough

Team Canada’s Petey Williams vs. Austin Aries

I guess we'll see Sabin vs Shocker on the pre-show, though I think it would have made more sense to have the 3LK/Diamonds match on the pre-show and put the Sabin/Shocker match in its place on PPV. Having seen the entire card, it does look kind of lackluster. If I had PPV access, I'd probably skip this one and wait for BFG too. Raven/Rhino would be an interesting match-up if it wasn't a foregone conclusion. If the 3-way is awesome, I'd probably buy the DVD though. I got Against All Odds just for the Iron Man Match. lol.

There has been a change. Shocker is unavailable, so it will be Williams vs. Sabin and Strong vs. Aries, which sounds roughly a billion times better and garauntees a buy from me.

Guest *KNK*
There has been a change.  Shocker is unavailable, so it will be Williams vs. Sabin and Strong vs. Aries, which sounds roughly a billion times better and garauntees a buy from me.

Yum.

Guest The REAL W.C.W.

Although I rarely watch TNA Wrestling, As I watched the TNA Impact! TV Show for September 9th from my computer tonight, One person struck me very unimpressive in his delivery of a promo. This person was Monty Brown, who I believe was once in the NFL. He seemed to be trying to be a bad guy or..."heel" but came off as foolish at best. Unbreakable, however looks like a very good card, although I question the random pairing of Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy. I look much forward to Raven/Rhino, although I anticipate a Jeff Jarett interference-laden ending

:-William C. Wells

I think Monty Brown should get his own thread on here.

If we go back in time a little over a year...and you were a buyer of the weekly shows...I think you'd like him. His promo's were unique...and were probably the best part of the show.

He faced JJ on Impact the week before Turning Point and they should have put the title on him then. That was December 04. His no sell of the guitar shot SHOULD HAVE BEEN the end and defining moment of JJ's title reign.

A couple months later at Against All Odds he beat Nash and DDP to earn a title shot...which he really should have won...but lost again.

Since then...he has not signed a contract and has been spinning his wheels. They can't push him until he does. But I defy any regular watcher to tell me that he isn't ripe for that push.

The way TNA works is both frustrating and accepatable. They keep Joe, Styles (although seemingly by his own choice) and Daniels in the midcard X division to provide great matches...and keep "Names" like JJ and Raven and Rhino in the title hunt. Brown is something that none of those guys are...he's a TNA name. He's never been anyone anywhere else...but he's emerged in TNA.

Good worker? Hardly.

But he is charismatic. He is easily the mose charasmatic heavyweight they have. And...he's a better worker than...you know...John Cena...(which says nothing since I think Warrior was a tad better than Cena)...

Brown should have been champion many months ago...when he was hot and could have squashed people on ppvs and made everyone happy.

By the way...and this is FANTASTIC NEWS...

Shocker has travel problems.

Which leads to Sabin vs. Williams and Aries vs. Strong.

Sabin and Williams had a FANTASTIC singles match at Turning Point which I fully believe was BETTER than the XXX/AMW cage match until the crappy finish.

Aries vs. Strong in a "showcase" match will be awesome. They'll only get 10 minutes at best...but it will be GREAT. Aries is going to become a regular here...and I predict that Strong will after Sunday as well. If he puts on half the performance I saw out of him at Dragon's Gate Invasion in Buffalo...Strong is the emerging indy superstar of this year.

Daniels vs. Styles vs. Joe

Sabin vs. Williams

Aries vs. Strong

The card got better

I think Monty Brown should get his own thread on here.

If we go back in time a little over a year...and you were a buyer of the weekly shows...I think you'd like him. His promo's were unique...and were probably the best part of the show.

He faced JJ on Impact the week before Turning Point and they should have put the title on him then. That was December 04. His no sell of the guitar shot SHOULD HAVE BEEN the end and defining moment of JJ's title reign.

A couple months later at Against All Odds he beat Nash and DDP to earn a title shot...which he really should have won...but lost again.

Since then...he has not signed a contract and has been spinning his wheels. They can't push him until he does. But I defy any regular watcher to tell me that he isn't ripe for that push.

The way TNA works is both frustrating and accepatable. They keep Joe, Styles (although seemingly by his own choice) and Daniels in the midcard X division to provide great matches...and keep "Names" like JJ and Raven and Rhino in the title hunt. Brown is something that none of those guys are...he's a TNA name. He's never been anyone anywhere else...but he's emerged in TNA.

Good worker? Hardly.

But he is charisma. He is easily the mose charasmatic heavyweight they have. And...he's a better worker than...you know...John Cena...(which says nothing since I think Warrior was a tad better than Cena)...

Brown should have been champion many months ago...when he was hot and could have squashed people on ppvs and made everyone happy.

I agree...I was watching Final Resolution the other day and the fans were just dying to see Jarrett eat a Pounce at the end of that match. TNA really screwed the pooch there, though at the time I didn't realize it. Logical booking then would have had Monty hang with JJ on the Impact match, but go to a DQ ending, and even if he jobbed like he did at FR, he should have gone over in some stip match at the next PPV. It certainly would have made more sense than Kevin Nash, who Monty beat to earn the shot, jobbing to JJ.

Either way, I don't think TNA fans have wanted to see the belt on one guy more other than Raven's first few months with the company (and MAYBE Truth's first run). Sure they wanted a new champ both times AJ ended long JJ reigns, but I don't necessarily think they were fully behind him as a challenger. Not like they were with Brown. Brown's first (or second) match with Jarrett should have been like Hogan/Goldberg (obviously not in historical significance), with the cagey veteran physical overwhelmed by the rising monster. If Jarrett put Brown over either on Impact or at the PPV, he would have been cemented as a main event player in TNA. Instead, Jarrett got the rub of extinguishing his flame and he has languished in the midcard ever since.

Well, thats 3 matches with the potential to be great. Plus the Rhyno/Raven which should be very entertaining and the other....stuff...

That beats Unforgiven definately. Its a buy from me.

And I too missed the Monty Brown run when people thought he should be pushed but seriously, he is embarassing on the mic now.

IMO, Monty Brown will have to be the person to lead TNA through they're growth period. I love AJ, Daniels and Joe, but I caught the midnight replay of Impact with some non-fans a couple of times last year and just about the only thing that they remember was Monty and the Pounce. To this day, they still mention Monty and joke about Pouncing people. Monty has a unique charisma that most TNA wrestlers lack. He's probably one of the only homegrown talents that appeals to people who are not workrate fanatics. So IMO, while the trio of goodness are keeping us satisfied, Monty will call to people who have never posted on a message board, but will sing along when he calls for the Pounce. I'd say all he needs is some new entrance music (something that will immediately let the fans know he's coming) and a sustained push with the rub from some veterans.

FINAL CARD SET FOR THIS SUNDAY’S “UNBREAKABLE” ON PAY-PER-VIEW

The complete card for this Sunday’s “Unbreakable” is set, with three new matches added on Thursday morning. The Pay-Per-View will take place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Champion Raven vs. Rhino

THREE-WAY X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Champion The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe

ELIMINATION MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Champions The Naturals vs. America’s Most Wanted vs. Team Canada vs. Sean Waltman and Alex Shelley

Sabu vs. The Monster Abyss w/ Jim Mitchell

The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy vs. Team Canada’s Bobby Roode

The Alpha Male Monty Brown and Kip James vs. Apolo and Lance Hoyt

Team Canada’s Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin

Showcase Match: Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

Card update: TNA Wrestling was set to announce Shocker vs. Chris Sabin for Sunday's Pay-Per-View, but due to travel issues in Mexico, Shocker will be unable to appear. As a result, TNA management has replaced Petey Williams vs. Austin Aries to Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin, with Aries moving into a "Showcase Match" against fellow independent star Roderick Strong as the two young stars show off their talent as we head to SpikeTV on October 1.

Don’t miss thus Sunday’s epic TNA Pay-Per-View as we prepare for the debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV on Saturday, October 1! Also on the show this Sunday will be HUGE news concerning October’s “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View, including the arrival of an international superstar to TNA Wrestling!

Don’t forget to check out the FREE TNA Countdown Preshow this Sunday, a half-hour prior to the start of “Unbreakable”, featuring last-minute news, interviews and exclusive matches before we go live on Pay-Per-View!

Looks like another good one!

Guest Biggles

Here are my PPV predictions for TNA's Unbreakable!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Title Match

Raven © Vs. Rhino

I like how Raven referenced his hardcore match against Rhino from a WWE PPV back in 2001. Like all of Raven's title defenses expect this one to be bloody and brutal. Raven may not be the best technical wrestler, but he can take a beating like no other.

Winner: Raven

X Division Title

Christopher Daniels © Vs. Samoa Joe Vs. AJ Styles

With Bound For Glory coming up next month, I see Daniels retaining here only to lose the X belt at TNA's big PPV event. AJ Styles will take the pin so Joe can keep his unstoppable streak going.

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Four-Way NWA World Tag Team Title Match

Champions The Naturals vs. America's Most Wanted

vs. Team Canada vs. Alex Shelley and Sean Waltman

With the other championship matches going to the current title holders, I see new champs in the tag division. Team Canada is a constant bridesmaid of late, rumors are that Sean Waltman may be trying to get back with WWE, so this leaves AMW to become tag champs once again. Only this time as heels.

Winners: America's Most Wanted

Sabu Vs. Abyss W/ James Mitchell

I don't care how many moonsaults or chairshots Sabu can throw at the monster. It wont be enough to stop Abyss.

Winner: Abyss

Team Canada's Bobby Roode Vs. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

Roode's the better wrestler but Hardy has those die hard fans. I think TNA will make Jeff do the job just as punishement for his flaky commitment lately.

Winner: Bobby Roode

The Alpha Male Monty Brown and Kip James vs. Lance Hoyt and Apolo

Let's give the Hoyt-a-maniac something to celebrate.

Winners: Hoyt! and Apolo.

Diamonds in the Rough with some help from Mr. Diamond himself.

Winners: Diamonds in the rough.

Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin

In a match that was thrown together at the last minute, it'll still be one of the top matches of the night. They've done this before and there's no feud going into it but it should still be good wrestling wise.

Winner: Chris Sabin (hopefully he'll face Shocker at the next PPV)

Showcase Match: Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

A little taste of Ring of Honor talent for the TNA PPV. Austin Aries impressed TNA management with his match against Daniels last time around. Look for him to be rewarded with a win here.

Winner: Austin Aries

I wish Hooters showed TNA PPV's (or do they? I doubt it) like they do with WWE and UFC shows. I'd be there in a second tonight if they did.

Think I'll wait for the reviews tonight and maybe catch the replay. There's the obvious three good matches on paper but there's also alot of garbage on it.

Guest *KNK*

It's attractive based off 2 matches that could be really good and I've brought PPV's that offered less then that...

I'm hoping Aries/Strong is the preview show match just so I can see that and not have to spend 29.99 for it.

I'm just going to save it for BFG.

Guest *KNK*
Sharky vs. Batts and Cassidy vs. Clark are the preshow matches. Strong/Aries will be on the PPV.

Yeah. Of course. Gas or Aries/Strong? It's a legit decision to make.

PWInsider is reporting that they are putting the three way on last, which IMO is a good choice because they'll send the fans home happy no matter who goes over and b/c it'd be difficult as hell for Raven and Rhino to top that. And that's coming from someone expecting Raven & Rhino to have a good match. Here's the rest of the backstage news PWI is reporting:

A number of former WWE stars are backstage at the TNA Unbreakable PPV in Orlando, Florida including Andrew "Test" Martin, Shannon Moore, Kenzo and Hiroko Suzuki, Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig, and the former Dudleys Boyz.

Representatives of Spike TV are also at the PPV, filming footage with the TNA wrestlers for potential commercials and vignettes to promote the company's 10/1 debut on Spike.

Kevin Nash, who is scheduled to return to the company shortly building to their Bound for Glory PPV next month, is also backstage.

The X-Division championship with Christopher Daniels defending against Samoa Joe and AJ Styles is scheduled to end the broadcast as the main event.

Gail Kim, who recently signed a deal with the company is backstage.

Caught the last 6 minutes of the Sabin vs Williams match, good match. Matt Bentley returns at the end and announces an Ultimate X match for BFG.