TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

Black Tiger = Eddie Guerrero?

Black Tiger 2 is Eddy Guerrero, but he's not a default in the game, so you'll have to create him.

Black Tiger 3 is Silver King, and is one of the defaults in the Mexican section.

The Original Black Tiger (Mark Rocco) is also in there as a default in the New Japan section.

Then help me, cuz I can't figure it out.

Or how in the hell to make a logo

Or to change colors on attires.

To change colors you hit circle on the appropriate piece and select the garment you want to color (usually it's on the bottom, top bar is skin color and middle is trunks). Hit square, and select 1. gradient sample. That should allow you to change a color easily.

Not the best shot, but here is a George Steele CAW I managed. I'm surprised at some of the wrestlers I can pull off.

l_d0d5e6baea6ff63bfedc0a686daf7819.jpg

Well son of a bitch.

I got the game in the mail, go to play it, and my fucking PS2 is now dead. I'm just about ready to just toss this game out the window I'm so pissed off. I don't want to run off and spend $100 or so on a new or used PS2 just to play this game. Hell, I'd almost rather just take that money, save, and eventually put it towards a PS3. Is this game even compatible with the PS3?

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I do know that I have this game and it's just sitting there, mocking me, since I can't actually play it right now. :angry:

It plays on the ps3, but it'll show up a little funky. Nothing horrible though, just like watching an old vhs kind of.

"Does it play on the PS3" is kind of a non-specific question.

There's the 40 GB (won't at all), 20/60 GB (should no problem), and 80 GB (maybe will, probably won't).

I don't know if all 80 gigs are the same but the one I got directly from Sony a month or so ago, plays Fire Pro, but with the problem I noted above.

Got a PS2 Slim for Christmas (was borrowing a friend's PS2 before) and finally got the AR MAX to work w/ a regular flash drive. Fire Pro is now full of 1980s WWF goodness. It's SNME every day of the week :)

I haven't seen this posted yet here but here are some YouTube vids of FPR:

- WWF 1988

- ECDub

- DubCDub 1998

Fuck yeah. I love this game. It's exactly what I thought it was. I got it yesterday, and was able to play it for a few minutes before go out. I played some more after getting home, and had an awesome 8-man elimination tag with a bunch of NOAH guys. I was sure it was going to go to a 60 minute draw.

The match was Kobashi (me), Honda, KENTA, & Marufuji vs Misawa, Yone, Ogawa, & Taue. Honda made Taue tap at about the 20 minute mark. He tagged in Marufuji, who got the crap beat out of him by Yone and Ogawa while Misawa watched for nearly 20 minutes straight. Marufuji caught Yone in a roll up to eliminate him, and got caught in one from Ogawa right after for his elimination. Honda goes back in and quickly taps out to Ogawa. I run in and start beating on him thinking I'm going to have an easy victory now, and I get caught in a roll up. Everything goes bonzo gonzo and such, and during this mess KENTA calmly walks over to Ogawa, grabs him, and hits the GTS for the pin. So it's Misawa vs. KENTA with about 8 minutes left. Misawa grapples, but KENTA reverses it and hits a tiger suplex for a 2.9. Misawa gets up and connects with a rolling elbow for his own 2 count. A frog splash from Misawa only gets a 2, so he lifts KENTA and and gets pelted with a strike senquence for 2. KENTA picks up Misawa, grapples, and eats a tiger driver for the finish at just after 58 minutes. This game is happy fun time incarnate.

Here's a link to a thread about what you need. The most popular option is to go w/ a AR MAX (at least that's what I have). It's a cd that comes w/ either a memory card or a flash drive. I have a slim PS2 w/ a regular flash drive and it still works. Results seem to vary greatly. Either way, you'll need 2 memory cards. The 1st will be your base save. The 2nd will have additional wrestlers/logos that you will use to copy to the 1st memory card as only one save can be used on a card at a time.

- Download .max file to the flash drive.

- Put flash drive in PS2 w/ the AR MAX disc (I notice it seems to work better if you put the flash drive in, leave it for a few seconds, then put the disc in).

- Select Memory Manager

- Select either FPR or "????????" file. The ??????? means it's from the Japanese version and hasn't been translated. It makes no difference in terms of playing the game or selecting the wrestlers.

- Select to uncrush the 2nd memory card. Remember, you can only save one file at a time.

- Put in Fire Pro disc. Select Data then Copy Wrestler or Logo Data. Copy wrestlers/logos you want to keep to 1st memory card. Save.

- Delete FPR save from Memory Card #2

- Back to the top

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic...f=22&t=9065

And here's a page w/ a bunch of edit packs:

http://www.fireproclub.com/fprusa.html#editpacks

I highly recommend Rev's WWF/ECW/WCW packs. Can't comment on Japanese/Indy packs as I'm not really into that scene.

I know it sounds like a pain in the wallet and the ass but it's worth it. Hope this helps you or anyone else.

For those of us with Swap Magic 3.6 or higher, you can use that, a USB drive, and and a program called ulaunchelf to do the same thing. If anyone is interested, I can post full instructions.

I really find it just as well to do my own edits. The only thing I can't do is the logos, but that's for completests as much as anything.

Worth noting that this game has practically every Japanese wrestler you can think of included, all you need is to change the names.

Just using ring edits I found has worked well enough for my ROH promotion as it looks good enough even without the logo. I really wish you could defend the title in a different style match though.

What I mean being instead of 1-on-1 like I decided, sometimes I'd like it to be defend in a three way dance and such. Being able to use edits in matchmaker would have been nice as well.

Yeah...there's a few little things like that which are kind of irritating about Fire Pro. Like, once in a while it would be nice to have your top title defended in a cage match, etc.

Yeah...there's a few little things like that which are kind of irritating about Fire Pro. Like, once in a while it would be nice to have your top title defended in a cage match, etc.

You can change this by editing the title.. the only downside is that it erases the history. Though, most people keep those histories written down somewhere outside the game since it only keeps a certain amount of entries back from the current title holder, so it's really a non-issue in the end.

You can change this by editing the title.. the only downside is that it erases the history. Though, most people keep those histories written down somewhere outside the game since it only keeps a certain amount of entries back from the current title holder, so it's really a non-issue in the end.

I suppose. I just haven't gotten around to getting another book to keep track of it yet. It's pretty cool when looking for faults in the game, they are all simply handled by some old school stat tracking. It's actually making the game more charming.

I'm having way too much fun with this edit pack here. The 16-bitiness and limited movesets make it feel like I'm playing an update of Pro Wrestling for the NES.

For those of us with Swap Magic 3.6 or higher, you can use that, a USB drive, and and a program called ulaunchelf to do the same thing. If anyone is interested, I can post full instructions.

Please do. Or PM me. Whatever works.

I'll post it here just in case anyone else is interested.

What you'll need:

Swap Magic 3.6 or 3.8.

A compatible USB drive. (My Blackjack cellphone and my girlfriend's USB drive worked, but not mine. I'm thinking about trying it with my sister's iPod Shuffle out of curiosity.)

UlaunchELF

PS2 Save builder

1. Go to Fireproclub.com or wherever and download whichever game save interests you.

2. Open the save file with PS2 Save builder, highlight the three files on the left, and extract them to a folder with the same name as the first file. (For FPR-US, it should be BASLUS-21702). Copy that newly made folder, and the extracted files in it to your USB drive.

3. Extract the Ulaunchelf .zip just like you would with any other .zip file. Rename Boot.elf to SWAPMAGIC.ELF (I'm pretty sure the caps are important.) Create a new folder and name it SWAPMAGIC. Move SWAPMAGIC.ELF into that folder. Copy that new SWAPMAGIC folder to your USB drive.

4. Stick the USB drive and Swap Magic in your PS2, then turn it on. The initial Swap Magic loading screen should appear, but not the one that asks you to load a program. Instead, it should load Ulaunchelf.

5. The Ulaunchelf interface is pretty simple one you get used to it. Circle is accept and "X" is back. L1 shows different options and R1 shows different commands like copy, paste, delete, etc. Your memory card in slot one is MC0, so go in and delete your fire pro save (or back it up first if you feel the need), then go to your USB drive (MASS). Copy the entire BASLUS-21702 folder, then mcPaste it to your memory card. The mcPaste step is very important. Using regular paste will corrupt the save.

6. Turn off your PS2, and load Fire Pro. Everything should work fine.