TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

Played a couple of matches last night. Game looks like a Super Nintendo game, but I am digging the amount of options it has. If I could figure the goddamn controls out I'd be laughing

Thanks for the tip . . . it's been really frusturating running into barbed wire every time I try to pick up a chair.

It's especially tricky with the light tubes. You have to be over the part that has more "silver" on it - I guess that's the bigger socket. Oh, and for the table piece, I think it's the end that's not smashed up.

Yea, picking up the weapons can be a hassle but a bigger hastle for me is to make a weapon shot connect. I understand how you have to be a certain distance away to strike (and I actually enjoy that mechanic because it is more realistic) but sometimes it can be hard to just beat the living crap out of someone when you feel like it.

My order from Buy.com never shipped, I'm not sure why. Anyway, I ordered it from Amazon yesterday for just $4.99 since this game was the Deal of the Day for games. I wonder if we're already seeing this game so cheap because they're possibly planning to port it over to PSN or XBLA.

Yea, I was angry that Amazon slashed the price of the game to $7.99 from $14.99 just two days after I received my copy. Still, it's a bargain for a entertaining wrestling game. I've made two good logos so far: a King of the Ring one and a Royal Rumble one. I'll get the Max Drive eventually for the old school wrestlers.

How exactly do the saves work? If I bought a memory card, and shipped it to you, would one of you be willing to load it up for me and mail it back? Or if you have an old card sitting around, just load that one and mail it to me and I'll make it worth your time somehow.

How exactly do the saves work? If I bought a memory card, and shipped it to you, would one of you be willing to load it up for me and mail it back? Or if you have an old card sitting around, just load that one and mail it to me and I'll make it worth your time somehow.

Well I wouldn't have much to give you right now outside of the two logos and renamed roster. I haven't dabbled with the CAW function much as I'm waiting for some X-Mas money to come in for a MAX Drive to get some guys into the game (mostly from the 1988 save someone has at the fireproclub website). Some guy also seems to have a 1998 WCW save he's working on over at fireproclub with a prelim video on youtube but the pack hasn't been released yet.

Making the logos pixel by pixel is time consuming (took me two days to make the KOTR one--its old school, think the 1995 logo but it looks spot on) and the Rumble one took about 4-5 hours. I'm going to put together a WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series logo if I have time in the near future (I have the pics, just need to do them) with X-Mas approaching and doing some prelim planning for student teaching. For the last logo slot I may do a In Your House or a generic WWF mat logo. I kinda wish there were more than just 6 logo spots, though.

When I get a MAX Drive I wouldn't have any problem uploading those logos on this site or putting them on a website and linking you guys to it.

I create my own guys, it's not too difficult when you get a bit of practice with the CAW system, and aren't too picky about the little details. Logos I'd be hopeless, not even going to try that.

I would get a Max Drive, but after already purchasing the wrong one, I really don't want to buy another one unless I was 100% sure it would work. As for creating wrestlers, I really don't have the patience for it. I'd nit pick on the stupidest details and get virtually nothing accomplished.

I like that the wrestlers aren't so detailed in appearance that you need to make a perfect copy. It took me maybe two minutes to create a good Fred Blassie clone, just give him the skin and hair color and black boots and you're set. The only thing that really irks me are the attributes. I wish they had auto-settings to make it quicker.

I like that the wrestlers aren't so detailed in appearance that you need to make a perfect copy. It took me maybe two minutes to create a good Fred Blassie clone, just give him the skin and hair color and black boots and you're set. The only thing that really irks me are the attributes. I wish they had auto-settings to make it quicker.

Yeah, that's a little bit of a bitch. The creations are actually extremely easy. I've already created all of ROH with alumni and they are all pretty damn close. Atrributes and moves though are a pain.

Question: Do you guys just not bother with setting the CPU logic? I find that can be way more annoying and time-consuming then setting your attributes and moves - or is that what you're referring to?

I haven't even bothered with the logic myself really, cuz I got a Max drive, but it can really help your created guys seem more realistic, if done right.

Question: Do you guys just not bother with setting the CPU logic? I find that can be way more annoying and time-consuming then setting your attributes and moves - or is that what you're referring to?

I haven't even bothered with the logic myself really, cuz I got a Max drive, but it can really help your created guys seem more realistic, if done right.

I don't bother with it at all.

I do it like putting on a finishing coat of paint. Most of the time I'm the one using the guys but if I know I'll be letting the comp use them then yeah. Right now it's just getting the attributes for their moves right and outfits. I've got a few guys who need a logic change since they are ALWAYS going for a damn irish whip.

My Austin came out perfect without a logic adjustment though. Which was strange. In fact, all my WWE guys came out perfect without a logic adjustment.

I'm just disappointed at some of the moves that didn't make it into the game. No lungblower is killing quite a few of my ROH guys.

In fairness, the game is two years old; was the longblower used then? I really don't know.

Not sure and I'm not saying it's a HUGE drawback, just one of those small things that blow. I haven't lost any finishers and if I did, I have more than enough excellent replacement moves. Just hard to believe a double knee backbreaker wasn't being used in Japan two years ago. That's downright stunning and not the fault of FP.

Logic is really only worth getting into if you're into simming matches or if you're looking for a real challenge from your edits. If you do have the time to get into it and can appreciate what it does, it's becomes a really valuable feature, IMO.

I had to do it since they would never hit their finishing moves. They would just keep irish whipping and going for submission holds. The high flyers were refusing to climb the ropes and my power guys for some reason were running around a lot and getting gassed.

Little bit of tweaking and zero problems. I realized it actually doesn't take too long to mess with the logic to get them to actually do what the hell they are supposed to do.

I like to have all my CAWS with decent logic, because 70% of what we play here is battle royales, so there's always a bunch of them running around, and it gets annoying to me to see guys do things they *never* do. But again, I just download, so I don't really fuck with it.

I do have to tweak some of the guys I downloaded though; I've seen a few odd moves performed, and some guys don't have moves that I know are in the game. Like, unless I missed it, the Abyss I have downloaded does not have the Black Hole Slam. Wassupwitdat?

Question: When playing tag team matches why do your partners intervene sometimes and sometimes they don't? For example, I was playing a Survivor Series 8-man tag last night and everytime I got the CPU in a submission all 3 of his partners would run in and beat the crap out of me for like 5 seconds but my guys would hardly do that. Also, when I was in a submission many of them sat on the ring apron and did nothing most of the time. Is there some kind of "trigger" mechanism I need to be doing to get them to intervene or is that just based on their CPU logic?

I do have to tweak some of the guys I downloaded though; I've seen a few odd moves performed, and some guys don't have moves that I know are in the game. Like, unless I missed it, the Abyss I have downloaded does not have the Black Hole Slam. Wassupwitdat?

Wierd, too. That move is essentially in the game, there just isn't as much spin on it. Just more like a regular old Boss Man Slam. ;)

The way saves work in this game is retarded. Ok, so I was trying out matchmaker mode. After running a card, I hit SAVE. It saves. Then I turn the system off.

Of course, this didn't actually save the game. What you have to do is Save in Matchmaker mode, then exit that mode, then do a system save somewhere else. That's just super.

The way saves work in this game is retarded. Ok, so I was trying out matchmaker mode. After running a card, I hit SAVE. It saves. Then I turn the system off.

Of course, this didn't actually save the game. What you have to do is Save in Matchmaker mode, then exit that mode, then do a system save somewhere else. That's just super.

That's a translation boo-boo. The save inside matchmaker mode should be "quicksave" so that you can exit and play other modes but then go back to the same spot at some later point in the same gaming session.