TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

So in my first Fire Pro match ever I decided to go with my all time favorite vs probably his best opponent. Sting vs Vader

I promptly got my ass beat for the next 15 minutes although I did manage to land two backbreakers and a few jabs. I've since lowered the difficulty, and while I've yet to win a match still. I'm getting better atleast. Very cool game, not having a grapple button makes it a little more realistic looking.

My CAW's second move is a CRITICAL! flying knee to the head and it's over. Awesome. I find myself cranking up Criticals to high for K-1 and MMA matches, but setting them to low when doing normal wrestling matches. Since this was a normal wrestling match, it felt alot sweeter.

Waiting for my Max Drive to come in the mail. I'll probably go over to my local game store and pick up a used memory card to become my dedicated Fire Pro card.

Got my copy today. Question for any Canadians out there who picked this up: Is your instruction book in French? I only got one book, and it's fucking French! Kinda annoying.

Game still fucking rules though. I can't fucking believe the Canadian Destroyer is in here.

I've been playing this game for what feels like an insanely long time. I finally got my first win after twenty four minutes with Morishima over Sting. Some of the more interesting losses have been Amazing Kong beating Vader and my CAW of Hydra from Chikara beating the Great Khali in the explosion match.

Got my copy today. Question for any Canadians out there who picked this up: Is your instruction book in French? I only got one book, and it's fucking French! Kinda annoying.

Game still fucking rules though. I can't fucking believe the Canadian Destroyer is in here.

Yeah, mine too. Go figure. EB Games?

Alright, can someone explain to me what exactly the AR Max does?

Just tried searching for info on it, and it's still sort of fuzzy. So, tell me if I'm right, for this game, you download files that come in ".Max" form to your computer. Then from what I can tell, you put the AR Max thumbdrive into your computer, and you I guess..'extract' the files onto the thumbdrive? If so, how does it go from there to your memory card?

Yea, after getting this today, I'm now thinking of buying an AR Max, but I don't want to waste the money on it, and still have no idea what to do with it. (For instance, one site said you had to have your PS2 connected to online, but I haven't really seen that mentioned anywhere else)

I read this on wikipedia:

"On November 14, 2007 Agetec released a statement concerning availability issues with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns saying the game will only be made available to GameStop, EB Games, and Best Buy."

I guess that's not totally crazy or anything, but just in case folks are going to Target to look for it, don't.

I don't know how accurate that is. I just picked up FPR at Toys R Us on my lunch break.

Yep, I just bought it before I left work there tonight.

Alright, can someone explain to me what exactly the AR Max does?

Just tried searching for info on it, and it's still sort of fuzzy. So, tell me if I'm right, for this game, you download files that come in ".Max" form to your computer. Then from what I can tell, you put the AR Max thumbdrive into your computer, and you I guess..'extract' the files onto the thumbdrive? If so, how does it go from there to your memory card?

Yea, after getting this today, I'm now thinking of buying an AR Max, but I don't want to waste the money on it, and still have no idea what to do with it. (For instance, one site said you had to have your PS2 connected to online, but I haven't really seen that mentioned anywhere else)

You don't need to have your PS2 online.

Extract the .max files to the thumbdrive, place the AR Max CD into the ps2 along with said drive and a memory card.

Go to memory management, extract the file from the drive to the mem card and then "uncrush" the file so it's in the correct format.

Boot up FP and go to where you'll copy data then go thru that process. If it's a file that renames your default guys with their actual names, it should boot up when you start up the game.

Hope this helps.

So I got my Max Drive today and whenever I go to the Memory Manager, there's a weird vertical hold effect that only happens on that menu. I managed to do the whole uncrush/move to memory card process for the FPR custom logos, but it was pretty hard since I could barely see the words.

I'm looking through CodeJunkies' website and they have nothing I've found useful for troubleshooting whatever problem I'm having.

AR Max isn't too great, but creating Zangief and wrecking people with piledrivers and suplexes most certainly is.

Whats the point for the Max Drive? Extra stuff for editing?

You can download things from the internet (Logos, Rosters) rather then having to take the time to create them yourself.

And considering for things like the Ring mats, I believe you have to do, pixel by pixel, that's a blessing.

ah ok. Thanks.

Went to visit my girl in South Bend this Thanksgiving, and we stopped by the Gamestop at he mall up there, and I got the first copy they had up there. Sweet. This game is ridiculous fun. If I don't find a Max Drive though, I'll be here till the Mayan apocolypse creating rosters.

Is there any way to rotate your guy in edit mode? When trying to make some gloves, I saw on the color palette thing that there was a section that was still gray instead of white, but I didn't see where it was, so I (And I don't know why...) assumed it was something that wouldn't show up. Now that I'm in a match, I see it was on the back of the hand. Is there any way to see this while in edit mode?

how do you even get to the color palette?

Move over to the color selections, then hit O. And I just found out today, after you get over there, if you hit square, you'll get four options, one of them being able to select a gradient. (Which is so much easier then trying to edit each of the four colors one by one, to get the right shading) and you can also select from premade colors, etc.

I was able to make a perfect AJ Styles in pants attire in like 3 minutes flat.

I can't stop playing this game. With all of these edit plus just the regular roster plus the rings, survivor series matches and landmine matches I just keep coming up with different matches to play. I have to stop playing for a few days I think.

I've been making a different World Title every night and putting Vader as the champion, and seeing how many times it takes me to beat him, using a different person everytime. The most successful so far has been Cro Cop. Although it took me 7 tries to get the belt back off Cro-Cop.

Yes, you have to change the number of players per corner when you're doing an exhibition match, on the rules select screen (before you choose the wrestlers).

UFC matches are fucking great.

Rampage KOing Don Frye is great.

Not so great? Bob Sapp I assume... gassing like a motha-fucka and being KO'd after trying to get a rear mount on Shamrock after Shammy slipped out in an attempt to reverse it.

(Seriously, 4th or 5th round...Sapp goes to get the rear mount, Shammy slips out from under Sapp and Sapp just lies on the ground like a dead man)

For $15, it's a steal. The customizability of the game is insane. The built in roster includes pretty much everyone of note in Japanese pro wrestling and MMA, and a decent number of American pro wrestlers. You have a max of an additional 500 CAW's which is great. From there, you can break up your roster into promotions (which you can customize and upload the ring logo) and furthur break it up into stables and such.

The gameplay is a little odd at first, but the learning curve is quick. Within a few hours, you'll have a good grasp at the controls.

The one knock is the graphics on the game; its very dated. But at a $15 price point, an easy yet competitive control system and the largest roster ever it's very easy to overlook.

Between the downloaded character rosters, ring logos, and 4 on 4 elimination tags, I'm gleefully creating every single Survivor Series match I wish had happened over the years, (Hogan/Savage/Roberts/Warrior vs. Dibiase/Andre/Rude/Honkey), (Bret/Perfect/Savage/Taker vs. Shawn/Flair/Razor/Kamala), (Austin/Rock/Jericho/Undertaker vs. HHH/Rikishi/Kane/Angle), and (Evolution vs. Booker/HBK/Goldust/RVD).

If you don't have a Max Drive (which I had but returned because it killed my old memory card), does it take a while to edit a wrestler or customize anything else for that matter?