TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

If you don't have a Max Drive (which I had but returned because it killed my old memory card), does it take a while to edit a wrestler or customize anything else for that matter?

Customizing a ring, a title, and a promotion are easy. Don't know about creating a ref, as I haven't done it yet. Creating a ring or a logo both take a lot of time, especially if you get into editing CPU logic for the former.

Where do you even get a Max Drive? I did a quick search, and the only seller (Amazon.ca) is out of stock. That was the 16MB version too....it looks like there's a 128mb version as well, but I don't want to bother with Ebay for this.

For all you Canadians: where did you get your Max Drive?

According to Datel, it occurs because there's a fault on the card itself. It would typically go unnoticed, but the Max Drive ends up triggering this fault, basically. The card can be fixed by reformatting, they say, and you may be able to salvage the saves you can see by copying them to another card. In other cases, even if you take the steps necessary, the save with the error still remains, meaning you may be able to use the card, but can never get that space back.

I've read it often occurs when using the Max Drive's memory manager to do stuff you can just do through the PS2's browser, like transferring and deleting saves. Using the Max Drive only for what it created and intended to do is apparently fine.

LaParkaMarka: I just got my Max Drive at Futureshop.

Cena's Writer: How did it kill your memory card? I don't like the sound of that.

It might have been my fault cause I didn't format it properly or didn't compress the files the right way or something. Basically when I tried to transfer one of the files to the Max Drive, it worked, but maybe due to compression going wrong or whatever my memory card couldn't read anything else that I had on the card, so that was a bummer. Geedorah explained it better than I have. Right now I'd stay away from Max Drive unless you have a backup memory card as a just in case. Max Drive is good though cause you can put those files in your PC. I should've done that before doing the transfers, maybe.

However, I don't even have one yet. I'm torn because of the horror stories, but the more I read up on it, the more it seems like something I can get use out of.

As of now I'm planning on getting a spare card for sole use with the Max Drive. Grabbing one of those cheap two packs sounds like a good plan.

After watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KXrfjfyNA

I just had a fuckin great 2 out of 3 falls match against KENTA with Marufuji. This game is awesome.

First match was pretty back and forth, but at the end I kept reversing his moves. (Was great to see the Go 2 Sleep reversed into a pin, especially since I thought it was about to be over.) Then I hit him with my finisher, and got the win. I mean, how often does that actually happen? lol. But yea, second match, he kicked my ass. Kenta has so many combinations it's not funny. Guy has like 10. Which he hit me with all of them. Started coming back towards the end, but silly me, went for a superplex, got him up, but then he reversed into a Sunsetflip off the top, and actually got the pin on me.

We start the last match, and I'm actually kicking his ass. Hit a few of the X, and O moves in a row. Then, 2 minutes in, out of nowhere, he gets me up, Go 2 Sleep! CRITICAL!

And I f'n lost. But, I've never had so much fun losing. ;)

Possibly a stupid question: In edit mode, is there a way to rotate the the wrestler around so you can get better views of the sides and back?

Possibly a stupid question: In edit mode, is there a way to rotate the the wrestler around so you can get better views of the sides and back?

Unfortunately no. The best work around to that is to just go into the move edit area and preview various moves that show other angles of the wrestler...

When editing the wrestler names, how do you choose to *not* give a wrestler a nickname that had one already?

I think if you just put in a space, it registers as a nickname. Never tried it since I've never even seen where the nicknames truthfully come into play so I just make up crap.

When editing the wrestler names, how do you choose to *not* give a wrestler a nickname that had one already?

I think if you just put in a space, it registers as a nickname. Never tried it since I've never even seen where the nicknames truthfully come into play so I just make up crap.

Tried that, but it wasn't working.

Wierd, in the Japanese version it works. Maybe just a period or something instead?

Every wrestler HAS to have a nickname. As far as I know there is no way around it.

I've bought the latest version of the PS2 Codebreaker. Add in the PS2 Save Builder, and I should be able to get all the edit packs I need/want, correct?

I've bought the latest version of the PS2 Codebreaker. Add in the PS2 Save Builder, and I should be able to get all the edit packs I need/want, correct?

Yeah, it works.

I have a newer PS2. It's obviously a slim model, which I got this January. Still okay?

I'm hearing conflicting reports that it does/doesn't work.

I got AR MAX now, but the memory manager is messed up. The regular code screens work fine, but the Memory Manager screen is black and white and flickers non-stop, it's unusable. I'm going to try and get it exchanged, hopefully it's just a faulty disc.

So annoying though...I'm this close!

Wierd, in the Japanese version it works. Maybe just a period or something instead?

Period works fine.

I'm actually enjoying all this creating and the guys are coming out fairly accurate. Couldn't make a decent La Parka though since there is no skeleton stuff. Shame really but he still looks decent with a little imaginative redesign.

LAPark2.jpg

LAPark3.jpg

That looks pretty good to me. Posted by someone at Gamefaqs.

Just a guide if you want to edit yours any, as I've found it's really easy to look at pictures online and create that edit without a formula. (Except for getting the colors right)

So I got my Max Drive today and whenever I go to the Memory Manager, there's a weird vertical hold effect that only happens on that menu. I managed to do the whole uncrush/move to memory card process for the FPR custom logos, but it was pretty hard since I could barely see the words.

I'm looking through CodeJunkies' website and they have nothing I've found useful for troubleshooting whatever problem I'm having.

AR Max isn't too great, but creating Zangief and wrecking people with piledrivers and suplexes most certainly is.

This happens to me too, are you playing on an HDTV? I am and it only happens on there. If I move my PS2 to another normal TV it works fine.

Also, for anyone else on the fence about purchasing the AR MAX, if you have a HDD in your PS2 it's very handy. I have a bunch of games ripped right to the HDD so I never even need the disc to play anymore. VERY helpful for games with long ass loading times (SD vs RAW).

After reading this thread i'm tempted to find this Fire Pro game.

So I got my Max Drive today and whenever I go to the Memory Manager, there's a weird vertical hold effect that only happens on that menu. I managed to do the whole uncrush/move to memory card process for the FPR custom logos, but it was pretty hard since I could barely see the words.

I'm looking through CodeJunkies' website and they have nothing I've found useful for troubleshooting whatever problem I'm having.

AR Max isn't too great, but creating Zangief and wrecking people with piledrivers and suplexes most certainly is.

This happens to me too, are you playing on an HDTV? I am and it only happens on there. If I move my PS2 to another normal TV it works fine.

This is happening to me on a regular crt TV. I'll try it out on a different tv today though...I didn't think the type of tv would have an effect, but who knows.

LAPark2.jpg

LAPark3.jpg

That looks pretty good to me. Posted by someone at Gamefaqs.

Just a guide if you want to edit yours any, as I've found it's really easy to look at pictures online and create that edit without a formula. (Except for getting the colors right)

Thanks. They did the same thing I did only I made his green red black one he wore a few times on AAA. I am thrilled with everyone I've made so far.

Alright as good as the wrestler edit system is, this fuckin logo edit shit is ridiculous.

And I'm even more pissed as I've found no real guides on how to do it, just a lot of "It's easy once you learn how to do it". AHHH! This is not new user friendly. I mean, it's not you can highlight them and words show up telling you what it is, it's just a little picture. I mean, obviously the scissors mean cut, but I'm supposed to ASSUME this. along with everything else that I have no idea what it is.

I couldn't even get a cursor to come up to draw. And as I type this I finally did...and everything just turns blue! I have no idea what that means, as that's not one of the colors I selected.

! I need an f'n Max Drive soon.

This is happening to me on a regular crt TV. I'll try it out on a different tv today though...I didn't think the type of tv would have an effect, but who knows.

I've got a normal CRT and I haven't tried other TVs. I've given up for the time being looking for a solution since I think I have the basic motions down to get it to uncrush and transfer it to a memory card.

I've come to the conclusion that the programming is a piece of crap, but I got just enough out of it to not feel completely robbed of $15.

I got a Max Drive but had to use a regular flash drive as the one I bought only came w/ a 12MB memory card. I put the .max files on the flash, put it in the PS2 as well as the cd and it said there were no files to uncrush to the memory card. Well, I got dicked out of $30.

I got a Max Drive but had to use a regular flash drive as the one I bought only came w/ a 12MB memory card. I put the .max files on the flash, put it in the PS2 as well as the cd and it said there were no files to uncrush to the memory card. Well, I got dicked out of $30.

In the Memory Manager, I keep hitting left until an icon looking like either the FPR logo or a memory card pops up then I hit X. Then I scroll over to the uncrush/move to MC option. That seems to get the job done. If I could see what I was actually doing, it'd probably be more helpful.

Finally got my copy today. I played as Misawa in my first match against Sabu with the CPU skill at 5 and got crushed pretty bad. There is a bit of a learning curve because there is no grapple button but in my second match with Vader against some random guy I did better and won. Granted, I turned CPU skill down to 1 so that I can practice the game and all the controls but I had an awesome time just stiffing the hell out of this guy.

One question, though about fatigue. What is the best way to conserve energy? By the 8 minute mark my Vader character was getting blown up. Any way to defend against that or is it natural?

Best $15 I ever spent on a game so far, though. I'm absolutley loving the entrances and gameplay.