TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Smues

I hope they aren't able to find anyone to trade him to since they were stupid for signing him in the first place.

As a Braves fan, I could've told you Jared Wright was a bad idea.

And as a non-Mets/Rockies fan, I could have told you Mike Hampton was a bad idea. See? No point in that. It's fun to watch other teams look stupid.

Not really. Hampton was effective last year, and was doing great this year until his injury.

And he was good on the Mets, so your point is moot.

TheDon is quickly becoming more annoying than AS ever was.

And Phillies fans, I hope your team wins tonight, because Dusty's lineup doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of the opposition. With Walker out, Macias is in (and leading off, go figure). Plus you've got Perez and Patterson in there. For some reason, Murton continues to bat seventh, despite Macias/Perez being one of the worst one-two punches I've seen in recent history at the top of the lineup.

As a Braves fan, I could've told you Jared Wright was a bad idea.

And as a non-Mets/Rockies fan, I could have told you Mike Hampton was a bad idea. See? No point in that. It's fun to watch other teams look stupid.

Not really. Hampton was effective last year, and was doing great this year until his injury.

And he was good on the Mets, so your point is moot.

Did he go to the Braves after the Mets? No. He had a terrible career in Colorado following the Mets. Yet the Braves signed him to a ridiculous contract. Yeah the Braves are REAL smart.

To be fair, it is Colorado. The contract was ridiculous, but the Braves probably thought Hampton's numbers were being adversely affected by Coors Field.

Know what's funny? The Marlins and Rockies paid for most of Hampton's contract. Not the Braves.

He went from the Mets to the Astros to the Rockies to the Marlins THEN to the Braves. It was Colorado who signed Hampton to the 8 year/121 million dollar contract. Hampton played for them for two years and was traded to Florida (Colorado ate 49 million dollars of it to get rid of him). This was where he was traded to the Braves (The Marlins ate 30 millon of the deal). The Braves were only financially responsible for 5.5 million total (for three seasons!)up until next year (06) when they take on the rest of the contract not covered by the Rockies and Marlins. In other words, starting next year, they pay him 13.5 million, 14.5 million in 07 and 15 million in 08. So in other words, he will probably be traded at the end of this season.

Did he go to the Braves after the Mets? No. He had a terrible career in Colorado following the Mets. Yet the Braves signed him to a ridiculous contract. Yeah the Braves are REAL smart.

You're wrong.

He was traded from the Rockies to the Fish then to the Braves.

And as max pointed out, the Braves aren't even on the hook for much of his salary until now. Hopefully, Hampton can recover from his surgery.

Hampton, while decent at times, is too injury-prone to even justify a 5 million dollar contract. My original point, though, was that the Yankees aren't the only team making silly roster mistakes like signing Jaret Wright. Every team has made mistakes at one point or other. It's a natural part of baseball. You make a risk signing any given guy. The Yankees thought they were getting a guy that would be on the rise (I assume that's the reason) due to a deceptive season in Atlanta. Much like Hampton did with Colorado, following a good stint with New York.

Hampton, while decent at times, is too injury-prone to even justify a 5 million dollar contract. My original point, though, was that the Yankees aren't the only team making silly roster mistakes like signing Jaret Wright. Every team has made mistakes at one point or other. It's a natural part of baseball. You make a risk signing any given guy. The Yankees thought they were getting a guy that would be on the rise (I assume that's the reason) due to a deceptive season in Atlanta. Much like Hampton did with Colorado, following a good stint with New York.

His first two seasons with the Braves he was a good pitcher, who more then justified his 5.5 million contract and always showed up in the playoffs. In the second half of 03 and 04, he was excellent.

And until he got hurt this year, he was effective when he started.

It was obvious once August hit that Wright wasn't that good. He started to slump badly and got knocked around in the playoffs.

Guest TheDon

Al I have seen alot of people bitch on here including you with your Phillies. Too bad Posada didn't get a sac fly instead of a double play ball. Hopefully the Yankees pull through and or the Orioles win tonight.

Guest Smues

There's a difference between bitching and Anglesaulting.

Oh and a two run shot from Garciaparra pulls the Cubs to within 1 of Philly in the 6th. I feel so dirty wanting the Cubs to win.

Na, they won't pitch to him.

Good move, because Giambi's swing is all messed up right now with his bad back.

Edit: Taking out Frazier for Batista?! THANK YOU GIBBONS!

They should've called for the rain delay earlier, but instead, it takes Corey Patterson slipping on the warning track to allow another run and Zambrano unable to grip the ball for the delay to finally be called.