TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Thread for 09.19.05

Major Announcement

September 19, 2005

Monday Night RAW comes to you just 24 hours after the Unforgiven pay-per-view, and Mr. McMahon will have a major announcement tonight.

Last night at Unforgiven, Kurt Angle was able to defeat John Cena. Angle, however, did not walk out as the WWE Champion, as his victory came via disqualification. What will Angle have in store for Cena, one night after coming so close to winning the WWE Championship? Watch Monday Night RAW to find out.

History was made last night when Ric Flair captured the Intercontinental Championship from Carlito. After the match, Flair was seen partying until he dropped. Carlito will get a shot to regain the gold tonight on RAW in a huge rematch. Will all of Flair's excessive partying have an effect on the outcome?

Another major championship changed hands at Unforgiven when Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated The Hurricane & Rosey for the World Tag Team Championship. Be sure to catch Day One of Cade & Murdoch's reign on top of the tag team mountain Monday night on RAW.

All this and more tonight on RAW (Spike TV, 9/8 CT).

So what's the annoucment? The only thing I can think of is the return of taboo Tuesday, but don't we know about that already?

It'll probably just be Vince announcing Angle vs. Cena for TT and the fans being able to pick the stipulation. Remember, WWE thinks the fans can't remember what happened last week and have to be reminded with pretty video packages, so how will we ever be able to remember which PPV is next?

WWE.com now have this for the Oct. 3 Raw on USA, maybe he'll just announce this as I think its new information:

Monday Night RAW will be heading back home to the USA Network on Oct. 3. The historic three-hour RAW will start at 7:55 p.m. ET.

Many former WWE Champions will be making their return to RAW for "The WWE Homecoming" on Oct. 3, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan Mick Foley and the return of Triple H.

All of this is in addition to Mr. McMahon, WWE Champion John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair and a host of WWE legends being a part of the historic, star-studded evening. Many legends already confirmed for Oct. 3 include:

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware.

RAW flourished during its seven-year run on USA network, establishing cable rating records as WWE fans flocked to the television each and every Monday night. And it’s happening all over again, so don’t miss RAW on Oct. 3 for this televised homecoming.

EDIT - another note - Trish vs Torrie has been announced for Raw tonight too

Maybe I'm the only one with this theory, is that Vince vacates the title and we get a tourney on the Night of Champions with Hunter winning basically making the USA homecoming show a coronation of Hunter as the GOAT. Considering the way creative thinks, it's a feasable thought

Vince's Major Announcement?

STEPHANIE IS PREGNANT!

OK, maybe not.

Speaking of that though, a friend of mine seriously wants Bischoff to be "fired" from his GM role, and be replaced with Stephanie.

Should I call the asylum on him?

Another major championship changed hands at Unforgiven when Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated The Hurricane & Rosey for the World Tag Team Championship.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest panthermatt7

The announcement will be one of three disappointing things we already know:

1. The return of Taboo Tuesday

2. Angle/Cena rematch at said Taboo Tuesday

3. Matt Hardy moving to SmackDown

I'm going with title vacancy on this one (or no vacant title, but still Angle/Cena rematch). Keep in mind though that Taboo Tuesday is in November this year so I think any Cena/Angle rematch will be happneing on 10/3. Another rematch might happen at TT, maybe Angle wins the title on USA and then the fans pick Cena for the title match... or a redo of the "Bischoff is fired in 30 days / right now because he is doing a poor job / being unfair to Cena" which will result in Bsichoff trying to get HHH to come back for October 3rd... or something not important.

Announcing the move to USA makes the least amount of sense. It's already heavily advertised on WWE.com. On top of that, since other possible predictions are also mentioned online (the 14 other guys that are appearing on Raw that night), they ran a commercial for Raw on the USA network last night during Unforgiven, promoting the 3 hour event.

That's not to say the announcement won't be a reminder of this.. but that's all it would be. It would be the announcement of Raw oging to USA, since everyone already knows, just a reminder.

Mr. McMahon will have a major announcement tonight.

I want to see Mr. McMahon say YOU'RE FIRED! so that JR can sing the "NA NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE" song!

What about a loser leaves town match?

I keep hearing about a title vacancy but why?  I mean Cena got DQed last night, kept the title...where's the major controversy?

Bischoff tried to tell the referee not to give Cena the title belt, and that he didn't care about the rules.

That's my only guess as to why there'd be controversy about the WWE title picture.

You know what was dumb? Why didn't Bischoff knock Cena out when he was holding the title over him? But yes Bischoff may refuse to acknowledge Cena as champion because he's the boss... so I guess Vince would come out and say Cena is the champion.

Yes kids, the big announcement is that John Cena is the WWE champion.

The big news is that at Taboo Tuesday, fans are going to vote on whether or not there will be a Taboo Tuesday in 2006 based on the buyrate.

If they do a 1 night Tournament for the Title on October 3rd, the first night of RAW (3 hours too)..that will just be freaking awesome.

But you know..that the title won't be won..the final match will end stupidly and you'll get the title match at TT..

But still..a 1 night tournament is good..

The announcement should be if Taboo Tuesday does a buyrate better than Wrestlemania, the McMahon family will never be seen on television again.

That includes in-law members.