TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Nip/Tuck season 3 thread

Good to see Sean hit Matt, honestly.

I enjoy this show, but Matt is one of the most despicable characters I've ever seen on a show, EVER. Even before the shit went down with Eva, he was such a little fucking prick towards Sean, of all people. Sean needed him for so much of the series, and he shit all over him. He shit all over his Mom before he knew about Christian, too. I think the line that turned me against Matt completely and irrevocably was that: 'You're my real father, none of this matters, you'll always be my father,' *Sean looks pleadingly* 'is that what you want me to say? ' *walks away* scene. Way to rip out your father's heart.

He's been a sullen little bastard since the beginning of the series. He was a rich, handsome kid who did nothing but feel sorry for himself, boo hoo hoo. Until recently, his biggest problem has been his own fuckups, when his loved ones have needed his support, which he rarely offered.

If I was Sean, I would have beat him down, pissed on him, and cut off his nipples with nail clippers. Fuck that kid.

I can't think of a reasonable Carver culprit who wouldn't be a disapointment at this point, except maybe Kimber. Matt would be shocking but make little sense (The kid's fucked up, but he's way too much of an obvious emotional basketcase. He can't keep a single emotion in check. He's the oppositte of a serial killer, he's someone who sprays an office building with a gun.) . The third Dr. is too obvious. Liz could make quite a bit of sense, but she's pretty much the moral grounding of the show.

Well, I obviously guessed wrong on Christian's relationship problem. We'll see if he can keep it going. Somehow I doubt it.

As for the Carver, I guess Dr. Costa's too obvious, but he's still my frontrunner. Sexual ambiguity, the obvious surgeon's touch (seeing as how The Carver knows just how to mess people up enough to cause facial surgery) and he's new to the area, same as the Carver. That being said it probably won't be him. I sense a "Who is the Higher Power?" ending to this where it's going to come out of left field, won't make a damn bit of sense, and will end up being a disappointment.

at this point, the Carver storyline is the only thing keeping me into this season....it's been kind of disappointing so far...I really don't care about emo-kid Matt and his emo-kid issues...though seeing two guys stuck to another guys ass was pretty damn funny...

I hope Costa's not the Carver. I hope it's a charcter we haven't seen yet. It'd seem lazy to just make it one of the regulars, or semi regulars. And I'm glad they're not doing a quick wrap up with it.

So there'll be a five-way in a couple weeks, then?

I've only watched this show occasionally, but I think my big problem with it is that its larger character/story arcs are pretty cheesy/uninteresting. The smaller surgery instances that never really form the central points of the episodes always seem to bring out the most interesting aspects of everyone involved, and then get dumped so we can get four people getting their swerve on together.

So there'll be a five-way in a couple weeks, then?

I've only watched this show occasionally, but I think my big problem with it is that its larger character/story arcs are pretty cheesy/uninteresting.  The smaller surgery instances that never really form the central points of the episodes always seem to bring out the most interesting aspects of everyone involved, and then get dumped so we can get four people getting their swerve on together.

This week's four-way IIRC is supposed to be the last multi-partnered sex we'll be seeing for a while. However, around episode 310/311 we get a callback to this week's "Costa watching Sean fuck" sequence when

Sean watches Quentin seduce a gay soldier who got disfigured while in Iraq, culminating in Sean watching Quentin offering his asshole to the closeted soldier and said soldier fucking Quentin in the ass while the two are in the examination room

Finally, this season is back on track...pretty solid episode...the Carver officially creeps me out now, can't wait to see next week...my money is still on Costa, though that would actually be kind of a letdown. I know they try to pin it all on Christian next week, but he's obviously not the Carver either...the bits with Matt were actually tolerable and I couldn't help but feel for Sean with the bullshit he had to put up with concerning his daughter, glad Julia actually took his back rather than shit all over him like she usually does...

Pretty good ep, Matt is still making me think of quitting this show. Gets all high and mighty because his dad socked him one when he almost beat a defenseless shemale to death a couple weeks ago. He maybe did the right thing at the end of the episode, but I think he was clearly trying to get the daughter taken away from Sean, the way who told CPS that Sean 'almost killed' Julia.

Wow, I wonder what would happen to Matt if something dramatically bad ever happened to him? I mean that he didn't DIRECTLY cause. Hopefully, he'd kill himself. He'd probably just use it as more ammo to emotionally abuse the three people that could give two fucks about his worthless ass.

Wow, I wonder what would happen to Matt if something dramatically bad ever happened to him? I mean that he didn't DIRECTLY cause. Hopefully, he'd kill himself. He'd probably just use it as more ammo to emotionally abuse the three people that could give two fucks about his worthless ass.

Spoilers indicate not only will Matt not get his comuppence at least through episode 311, but that he'll be hurting even MORE innocent people before the season is out.

Matt is supposed to hook up with a white supremacist chick who along with their family get Matt to steal confidential patient files from Sean and Christian so the family can commit hate crimes against the people who are his dad's clients.

Also in the "what the fuck" catagory:

Current spoilers also have Julia killing her mother, who's in a plane crash and is horribly burnt complete with Julia going on a "you never loved me" tangent before doing the deed.

Guest jenzie

YEAH!!!!!

starts in the UK on sunday ..... ONLY ON SKYONE!!!!!

hey channel4 ..... NOT YOURS!!! :boxing:

excellent ..... american chopper, hex, nip/tuck on sundays

Spoilers indicate not only will Matt not get his comuppence at least through episode 311, but that he'll be hurting even MORE innocent people before the season is out.

Matt is supposed to hook up with a white supremacist chick who along with their family get Matt to steal confidential patient files from Sean and Christian so the family can commit hate crimes against the people who are his dad's clients.

Also in the "what the fuck" catagory:

Current spoilers also have Julia killing her mother, who's in a plane crash and is horribly burnt complete with Julia going on a "you never loved me" tangent before doing the deed.

wow...that shit is REALLY horrible...

Nip/Tuck is one step from bad soap opera plots. Although I love the idea of The Carver going all nutty on Matt and slicing the living fuck out of him. A dead Matt equals a better Nip/Tuck.

Those spoilers make no sense.

Yeah I'd like The Carver to mess Matt up big time. He's really starting to piss me off. His constant whining and bitching about how horrible Daddy is while living off his dime irritates the shit outta me. I would've done a lot worse than punching him in the nose. I say if he's going to get a restraining order, he's going to earn it.

Guest JMA

I'm pretty sure that the audience is supposed to hate Matt now, not identify with him. That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Did anyone even really like Matt when he was "nice"? I mean, it was kind of cool to see him banging the two cheerleaders and Ava, but that's about it. I think he works better as a bitter prick with a grudge against the world. He's basically a heel now.

As for Matt dying, I don't want to see it. Why? Because if it happens, everyone on the show will become "emotional" for many episodes, and I don't want to see that. I don't think that the Carver would give a shit about Matt, except maybe as a way to get to Shawn. Hell, he'd probably see Matt as one of the "victims" of the beautiful people the Carver villifies (Ava, for example). The character isn't one of my favorites, but having him die would create more problems than it would solve.

Getting back to the Carver, I'll be disappointed if either Kate or Quentin is the culprit. I'm still hoping that it's Grace Santiago.

I'm pretty sure that the audience is supposed to hate Matt now, not identify with him. That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Did anyone even really like Matt when he was "nice"? I mean, it was kind of cool to see him banging the two cheerleaders and Ava, but that's about it. I think he works better as a bitter prick with a grudge against the world. He's basically a heel now.

As for Matt dying, I don't want to see it. Why? Because if it happens, everyone on the show will become "emotional" for many episodes, and I don't want to see that. I don't think that the Carver would give a shit about Matt, except maybe as a way to get to Shawn. Hell, he'd probably see Matt as one of the "victims" of the beautiful people the Carver villifies (Ava, for example). The character isn't one of my favorites, but having him die would create more problems than it would solve.

Getting back to the Carver, I'll be disappointed if either Kate or Quentin is the culprit. I'm still hoping that it's Grace Santiago.

There has been considerable hatred for the Matt character amongst Nip/Tuck fandom since the whole "disfiguring the girl while driving stoned" storyline. That said, this season definately has the show's writers going full steam ahead with this hatred for the character as a major plot point.

As for Matt dying? Actually it would work thematically so long as they don't have the Carver do it; Matt's the creation of the Christian/Sean/Julia threesome and given how they all have their own fucked up problems splintering them, it would make sense for Matt's death be the event that brings them back together.

And as for the Carver, I also second the notion of it being Grace. Though Matt being the Carver would be even MORE fucked up and twisted storyline, especially since

The Carver is supposed to not be brought to justice, just unmasked at the end of the season

. And it would give the show a hell of a cliffhangr, as fans would be going over the older episodes trying to piece together the hows and whys and whens of Matt being the Carver....

Guest JMA
I hope Costa's not the Carver. I hope it's a charcter we haven't seen yet. It'd seem lazy to just make it one of the regulars, or semi regulars. And I'm glad they're not doing a quick wrap up with it.

Agreed. I think that the writers making Quentin bi-sexual is just a way to throw off the viewers. I think it'll be someone obscure from a past season.

On a sidenote, will there be any follow up to that gangbanger's story? We last saw him in Shawn's office and then he wasn't mentioned in the next episodes at all.

I was hoping the gangkid would have a follow up.

I was thinking about the carver. I wouldn't mind it being someone from the past, if it made sense and wasn't expected. Like the swinger from season 1 who wanted his manboobs reduced so he could get into "The Scene."

I would be just fine seeing Matt die viciously. He's just obnoxious. His charatcer isn't even fun to hate, it's X-Pac heat.

Agreed. I think that the writers making Quentin bi-sexual is just a way to throw off the viewers.

Or not; remember, show creator Ryan Murphy is gay and making Quentin bisexual could be Murphy's way of attacking bisexual men as evil monsters, if he decides to make Quentin the Carver.

But that said, so far spoilers are all over the place with regards to what Quentin's ultimate storyline will be revealed as. Some have Quentin

turning out to be Christian's biological brother)

while others have

Quentin as a secret enemy of Sean's from his college days and that Quentin's entire agenda since moving to Florida and joining Sean's practice has been to steal Sean's entire life from him, complete with him stealing Christian and Julia away from Sean....

JasonX, where are you receiving your spoiler info?  None of it seems to make any sense.

Television Without Pity's message board; some people who've seen the shooting scripts for the current season have been posting spoilers for the current season up through episode 311 in the Nip/Tuck forum section. A lot of the stuff has been confirmed via Spoiler Fix.com, in terms of major plot elements for upcoming episodes....

a thought on the Carver identity...anyone remember the Transgender from season one that became close friends with Linda...he/she was featured in quite a few episodes in season one and even a few in season 2...can't remember her/his name...maybe him? (unless something happened to that character that would make that theory illogical that I must have missed?)

Liz, that's her name...thanks YnA....I wouldn't like it either...honestly, it doesn't matter who it is, it's gonna be a let down, unless it's Sean or it really IS Christian, but that just wouldn't make any sense...

Guest JMA
Now that was a great episode

It might be the best of the season.

BTW, was anyone else aware that Joely Richardson (Julia) and John Hensley (Matt) are dating? I wonder if the writers would even pair them up on the show... :ph34r:

Guest Brian

I was thinking earlier on that they might have Sean have done the carving to get Christian out.

Kimber sure, it could be....here's a doozy for you guys (Y2DAYDAY also threw this one out): Liz....she's slept with Christian and would know how to preserve DNA (the condom) for whatever reasons...she hates Christian but deals with him on a professional level...maybe she's gotten desensitized by working in a plastic surgery clinic for so long that it's warped her mind...

or it could be Christian's biological father...