TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Nip/Tuck season 3 thread

Tonight almost felt like a Season Finale all by itself. Quentin leaves, Julia's pregnant with Sean's baby, Matt and whatserface break up, then he and Christian start bonding... Seems like they used tonight to set up the next season, so the actual Season Finale can deal exclusively with the Carver.

Overall I'd say this season isn't quite up to snuff with the first two (especially two), but damn they've got me excited for the finale. Sure hope they deliver.

Edited by chirs3

so based of the previews for next week, what are we thinking, guys?

-Christian and Sean are together in what looks like the final scene, apparently...looks like Christian is tied up, Sean is trying to get him loose when the Carver attacks out of nowhere...rules both of them out.

-Liz seems to become a suspect at some point, could be a swerve, maybe not? I'm still leaning towards it being her but it's 60/40 now. Perhaps they bring her in, do something to make us believe there's no way it could be her and then in the end it really is her?

-Quinton appears to be a Carver victim, they show him tied up, carved up with a message on the wall over his head...rules him out, no?

-Matt's got his own issues with the racist chick so I don't think it's him. He's too busy with that bullshit to be the Carver.

-I just don't think Julia is emotionally stable enough to be precise and patient and to have the time required to pull off the things the Carver does. It'll be a letdown if it's her.

-those mixed in images on the Carver videos (from his myspace profile) lead me to belive it's Gina...but that just doesn't seem right? She kinda falls into the Julia category, everything we've seen about her character doesn't add up to how the Carver operates.

-Maybe it's Kimber, but how do you explain the closing scene a couple episodes ago?

This season has been shit, but one thing's for sure, the writers are doing a great job of keeping us wondering just who the fuck it is...

If were factoring in continuity, then It couldn't be Gina for 2 reasons:

1.) When The Carver started to strike at the end of last Season, Gina was In a Hospital near dying of AIDS. Christian also ran multiple tests on her to confirm that she was HIV positive.

2.) When The Carver kidnapped Kimber on her Wedding Day, Gina was In the front row of The Church, (Along with Julia, I might add), at the same time Sean was just going to get Kimber to walk her down the aile. There Is no way she could have abducted Kimber and then made her way back to her seat In that amount of time.

If The Carver turns out to be Gina, I believe these 2 Issues will have to be addressed In order to make It plausible.

Good points, chazz, i didn't even think about that stuff...is there a possibility that the Carver has someone helping him/her? I mean, goddamn, it looks like he rapes and slashes 10 or 12 girls all in the course of one night at that sorority house...is that possible? that kinda gives some credibility to the "Carver is a woman using a dildo" theory unless this guy can cum 12 times in a manner of an hour or so, a feat I physically cannot do!

Edited by Black Lushus

-Maybe it's Kimber, but how do you explain the closing scene a couple episodes ago?

Well obviously somthing in her would have snapped to make her do this in the first place, maybe it also caused a split personality, when they showed the carver coming in it was just in her head. If they reveal it as her and they do one of those little flashback things to put all the ieces together they can show her there looking at the Carver only to show that no one else is there..or maybe she's looking in a mirror, and they can show her carving her own face....

but anyway, can't bloody wait for the finale! :D

I liked the Christmas episode. Although it's two weeks the Carver didn't even warrent a mention. Which I don't think I like since for next week (the final) it seems to be back on.

even by Nip/Tuck standards, did anyone else find it bizarre that that woman had a dead baby chillin inside her for over 17 years and knew nothing about it?

Edited by Black Lushus

Guest JMA
even by Nip/Tuck standards, did anyone else find it bizarre that that woman had a dead baby chillin inside her for over 17 years and knew nothing about it?

Going by Nip/Tuck standards I didn't find it odd at all.

In regards to the last episode, I won't like it if they write Ariel (Nazi girl) off the show. I love the show but I really don't like it when characters are just written off like that. They did the same thing with Kara (the girl Matt ran over--they need to revive that storyline, too) and the lesbians Matt was involved with. And I don't think they even bothered to explain why Grace left.

In regards to the last episode, I won't like it if they write Ariel (Nazi girl) off the show. I love the show but I really don't like it when characters are just written off like that. They did the same thing with Kara (the girl Matt ran over--they need to revive that storyline, too) and the lesbians Matt was involved with. And I don't think they even bothered to explain why Grace left.

OMG CARVER SUSPECTS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JMA

:lol:

Knowing this show, I wouldn't be surprised if it's any of them.

:lol:

Knowing this show, I wouldn't be surprised if it's any of them.

The four most popular theories currently regarding the Carver's identity:

1. The older detective guy who's been around since season two that often consults with Sean and Christian on cases

2. Christian's evil twin, who was given up for adoption along with Christian, with this being revealed as the reason why Christian's biological mother refused to have anything to do with him, IE her being afraid to tell Christian that he has a twin brother somewhere out there (this particular scenerio clears up the condom evidence plot point)

3. Ava's ex-husband, played by Alec Baldwin

4. Erica, which explains why the Carver has never targetted Julia and why they did the whole "Julia kills the woman she thinks is Erica" scene, to set up the foreshadowing of Julia killing her mom for real when the final gambit regarding the Carver plays out....

You know... I could almost see Julia's Mom. She's obviously smart enough, and she's plenty twisted. And she's slept with Christian (it should be noted that 95% of the women on the show have slept with Christian. Isn't she tiny, though?

That evil twin theory.... Too soapy.

3. Ava's ex-husband, played by Alec Baldwin

Except that he was nowhere near Miami when they first attacks took place.

Not true; he could easily be commuting back and forth, especially given the fact that we have only his word that he hasn't been inside Miami when the attacks happened.