TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Nip/Tuck season 3 thread

Well, that was a decent, but thoroughly unpleasant episode. I guess we can add martial arts master to plastic surgeon, expert dancer cokehead and general evil SOB to Quentin's growing resume.

Guest JMA

I'm really enjoying the "Matt is a Nazi" sub-plot. Also, the Christian stuff (with the paper bag) was very nicely done.

I'm glad they've found something for Matt that isn't just obnoxious like everything else he's done...in the history of the show.

Slow season start, but it's finally picking up well.

I was laughing my ass off at Christian bossing what's her face around through the episode.

Guest JMA
I'm glad they've found something for Matt that isn't just obnoxious like everything else he's done...in the history of the show.

I liked his storylines in the first season. They never did follow up on the whole three-way thing, though. I'm not a fan of the way some characters seem to disappear with no explanation.

I'm still convinced that Grace Santiago is The Carver. It has to be someone that Christian has screwed over and she was a main character for a while. I don't think they really explained why she left either (other than her fight with Christian).

the only problem with it being someone "the guys screwed over" is that the Carver never really started paying attention to Sean and Christian until they started fucking with his "work"...I'm sure it's someone we've seen before, but the Carver's original motivation was not "fuck with Sean and Christian"...

Guest Brian

Carver could be nazi-Dad.

How did the army guy get his ass beat so easily? Don't they teach self-defense?

Okay, so was Christian just dreaming Kimber locked away with The Carver or was that the real plot?

I'm a bit confused on that. I'm thinking he is just seeing her in every which light and scenerio possible.

my money says the Carver stuff was real...Christian's crying came from a combination of his feelings for Kimber, reading her letter and the things that baghead said to him...

How did the army guy get his ass beat so easily? Don't they teach self-defense?

today's military definently has nothing on yesterday's military...if we took the kind of soldiers we have now and stuck them in Vietnam, that shit would have been over day one...and I don't mean that in a good way...

I thought they were all either taking BJJ or Judo though, nowadays?

I have the displeasure of personally knowing several marines (some have been over in the middle east within the past year or so) and if I had to chose between them and my chihuahua to have my back in a fight, it'd pretty much be a wash...

one of these guys has a video on the net, i'll try to find it, about things they did over there...these guys fuck off more than anyone I've ever seen...

Guest JMA

Speaking of Quentin, I can't really find a reason to hate his character (am I supposed to not like him?).

Speaking of Quentin, I can't really find a reason to hate his character (am I supposed to not like him?).

yeah he's booked to be a heel (sorry, I have a habit of mixing wrestling takes in when discussing other topics!)...I don't think his intentions with Julia are pure, from a fucking her standpoint as well as working with her...

What was that "honor code" thing that Costa told Julia when Julia asked him why he hasn't tried to sleep with her yet? I guess that only applies to when he's trying to fuck women.

I really liked tonight's episode. Creepy as hell though. It freaked me out when the woman started gasping for air after Julia kissed her forehead.

Only 1 more episode before the season finale. I just want to know who the damn Carver is. If anyone has gone to that MySpace site yet, it's weird. There are other profiles that have clips of each of the main characters removing the Carver mask.

Guest Brian

I thought that was the best episode of the season so far. Julia's character had a lot of great development, from the redemption with her doing the work, dumping her mother, the miracle, how that one woman told her what she had wanted to hear, killing the lady. Oh man. Sean's little thing was great. Costa's stuff was good.

I'm pretty much sold on the fact that Julia's mom is the Carver at this point. The fact that she didn't die sealed it for me.

Overall, I thought tonight's was just OK, but I LOVED what they did with Julia at the end. Spend the whole show building her up, then yank the carpet out from under her in the last 30 seconds.

I missed the preview for next week - what did they tease?

Overall, I thought tonight's was just OK, but I LOVED what they did with Julia at the end. Spend the whole show building her up, then yank the carpet out from under her in the last 30 seconds.

I missed the preview for next week - what did they tease?

Next week's episode is a "Very Special X-Mas Episode"

Julian's pregnant with Quentin's baby (which the kids, Sean, and Christian learn about). She asks Sean if he's told Quentin about her being pregnant, since

Julia is supposed to contemplait aborting the baby

Matt's with the family for X-Mas and saves Julia from passing out

The client of the week is a professional Santa Claus impersonator who's got a new trophy wife

Christian gives Quentin the check buying out his contract with the firm and tells Quentin he's happy to hand deliver the check to him because it will be the last time he sees Quentin, who grins ominously

Also there was commercial hyping the Carver's Myspace.com promo website, which had the Carver talking to a webcam about how people want to know who he/she is....

Great, if fucked up, episode tonight. I really like to see the strong characters of Julie and Sean having a moment. I have little hope for the next episode. I gaurantee we have a cliffhanger Carver. (As in no reveal.) Here's one thing: Quentin hopefully is not the carver. What purpose could he server besides dying?

BTW:

NSFW: http://www.robbscelebs.co.uk/ Look up Joely Richardson.

She fine.

The Carver myspace page is cool. So far I've seen the mask removed from Christian, Costa, Gina, Matt, and Liz.

I liked the episode tonight, but didn't do much storywise. The Costa thing with Julia's spa was gonna be a long running na-na to Sean I though. To wrap it up in one episode seemed lame.

I thought tonight was too episodic for my tasts, it just seems like the had an extra show and they couldn't think of any way to advance most of the plots. It redeemed itself a lot at the end.

there's a new video up...at the very end, an image flashes very quickly...freeze it right there...it's an eye, the image is upside down, i have a laptop so it's easy to flip it and see...it's Gina's eye...

Guest JMA

Giving the Carver a "My Space" page was a very good idea. Nip/Tuck continues to be one of the most innovative shows on TV.

As for the episode, it wasn't my favorite of the season but it does serve as a good setup.

Okay, these MySpace people...this is the first time I've actually took time to read some of the things people at MySpace say outside of random clips posted here...is everyone on MySpace retarded or what? They don't really think the Carver is REAL do they?