TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Nip/Tuck season 3 thread

or it could be Christian's biological father...

That would mean that Christian was raped by both his adoptive and his biological father.

hey I wouldn't expect anything less from this show...if anything, it explains the DNA evidence in the condom as they would have similar DNA strands...

Guest JMA

or it could be Christian's biological father...

That would mean that Christian was raped by both his adoptive and his biological father.

hey I wouldn't expect anything less from this show...if anything, it explains the DNA evidence in the condom as they would have similar DNA strands...

Maybe. I'm thinking the condom is from some woman he slept with, though. I'm still going with "The Carver is a woman" theory.

If it is a woman, I'm leaning towards it being Liz more than Kimber...

what a crazy cliffhanger ending it would be, the Carver, standing over Christian and/or Sean.

*carver altered voice* "beauty is a curse..."

*removes mask revealing Liz, who then speaks in her regular voice* "...upon the world"

*smiles, lifts up her knife, slices, fade to black*

Guest JMA
If it is a woman, I'm leaning towards it being Liz more than Kimber...

what a crazy cliffhanger ending it would be, the Carver, standing over Christian and/or Sean.

*carver altered voice* "beauty is a curse..."

*removes mask revealing Liz, who then speaks in her regular voice* "...upon the world"

*smiles, lifts up her knife, slices, fade to black*

It would make sense if it were Liz, actually. She could've not given Rhea the anesthesia intentionally. Being a lesbian, she'd probably have a realistic phallic device as well.

Guest Brian

I'm completely sure it's not Matt, because Matt wouldn't rape a guy from the back, as screwed up as he may be, because he won't accept it. He may want a guy, but he wants a guy post-surgery.

I think they should go with Christian's biological father. I also feel that because Christian felt he could move and may have been able to prevent the raping, they should work a redemption story in where he actually does stop the Carver at some point. As fucked up as the show gets, it'd be nice to have something to savor.

Going by what the creator has already said, there is no way it's Christian's father. It has already been said numerous times over the Carver is someone we already know and know well.

It still could be Quitien, Matt or there is always the possiblity of either Kimber or Gina. Both have slept with Christian and have had bad experiences with him. It is also known Gina hates Christian.

Going by what the creator has already said, there is no way it's Christian's father.  It has already been said numerous times over the Carver is someone we already know and know well.

It still could be Quitien, Matt or there is always the possiblity of either Kimber or Gina.  Both have slept with Christian and have had bad experiences with him.  It is also known Gina hates Christian.

SWERVE~!

me neither, though I like my Liz idea...that's why I say Christian's dad...TSA, I know what you're saying, but perhaps he's trying to throw us with the whole "it's someone we know" schtick...

I'm still leaning to Matt or Quinten though. I couldn't seeing it being Christian's dad since this seems "personal" and Christian's real father really doesn't know him.

The Carver has made this into something very personal to both Sean and Christian. Something tells me they wouldn't blow this on anyone. The way things are set up it's gonna be someone with a real vendetta against Sean & Christian. If Bobolet wasn't dead and Escobar wasn't in jail, you could make a case for them since they both had t out for Sean and Christian.

I do see your point Black Lushus, but I think wrestling has dug into your brain the idea of swerves...this just seems to be taking a different approach. If it wasn't so personal, I'd be more inclined to say you could be right.

me neither, though I like my Liz idea...that's why I say Christian's dad...TSA, I know what you're saying, but perhaps he's trying to throw us with the whole "it's someone we know" schtick...

After this week's episode, I think it's Kimber: she's bisexual (something they've established that a lot of people haven't said much about given how it's been established in a by-the-by way), an emotional masochist (see her relationship with Christian), and her interaction with Kit when Kit accused Kimber of being Christian's accomplice made me wonder if Kimber slapped Kit not because she was saying bad things about her and Christian, but because Kit's rant hit just about all of the marks towards why Kimber was The Carver. It would also explain why Kit got targetted in the first place, since Kimber probably wanted to neutralize her before she realized that it was Kimber, not Christian that she was fucking as part of her "catch a psycho by fucking them" method of capturing serial killers.

(And BTW, I totally think that the whole plot about Rhea being awake during her surgery was a red-herring plot twist. Recall what the Carver said to her before he killed her, obviously he knew her only as a fake Carver victim. Rhea herself said that people considered her a Carver victim prior to it being revealed that she was a fraud, so I can say that it was easy for Kimber to know that Rhea was a fake simply by reading/watching the news and going "I know I didn't cut that woman! She's a fraud!"...)

Also, remember the Carver's catchphrase about how beauty keeps people from seeing the real monsters walking amongst us? Rings true towards Kimber's whole relationship with Christian during season one as Kimber kept thinking that Christian was a nice guy when in fact, Christian was a total and complete asshole towards her going so far as trying to trade her to another guy because he was tired of her. I would not be suprised if that caused Kimber (who almost carved Christian's face up in season one, remember?) to snap.

As for why Kimber would rape Christian? Remember the whole AIDS scare Christian had? I would not be suprised if her raping Christian was motivated by revenge for Christian acting like a shithead and getting himself into a situation where he coulld have an AIDS scare. And as for framing Christian (providing that Kit herself didn't plant the condom or was outright lying about it being Christian's condom just to try and scare him shitless into confessing), I think that Kimber didn't mean to do it but was willing to let Christian freak the fuck out in jail for a bit before carving up Kit (who would remove all doubt to Kit and the police that they were wrong thinking Christian was the Carver) just for shits and giggles.

Kimber is just too damn obvious, this last episode showed that...surely you guys have seen enough cliffhangers and jaw dropping episodes of TV series to realize this...now if it IS Kimber, I'll eat my hat and give you your props, but this last episode pretty much throws Kimber as a suspect out the window with how obvious it is, just like I've decided that it's NOT Costa after recent actions involving him...it's gotta be Liz...I know, Liz could be considered obvious to, but they're not doing anything outright to swerve you and make you THINK it is her...the Carver, if it's someone we know, is going to be the last person we would expect....shock and awe people, shock and awe...sure wrestling may be etched in to my brain at times, but they're TV also, they do similar tricks...

Agreed. I like how Detective McGraw gets slashed up by The Carver and apparently has vanished. I like this show, but It seems as The Writers have A.D.D. or something.

yeah, I've still been watching, but I'm with you guys, these pat two episodes really did nothing for me...I just want to see who the Carver is, everything else is just kinda there....how many episodes left this season? 8?

Yeah, it's been a very meh season so far, still enjoying it but it could be so much more....

On a different note, how about that new Shield promo? Looks like we're finally gonna get some closure on the Terry story, and I was starting to think they had just written it off.

Is ANYONE liking where this season is going?

I understand it can't all be about The Carver. But they stuff they're filling it with right now just isn't very good.

exactly, YNA, why do you think I haven't bumped this thread up after each new episode? This has been a pretty bland season...it's almost like, in hindsight, they should have made the final 3 episodes focus on finding out who the Carver is, bringing him/her to justice, getting things right with Sean and Christian as far as their relationship together and their relationships with others and ended the series with one final "Tell me what you don't like about yourself"...

The other stuff got so boring I forgot the show was ON Tuesday nights. Christ, what the hell are they doing? Most of the sub plots really suck and can't hold my interest at all.

Just bring on the Carver and let them wipe out some of this bloated cast. And I'd laugh my ass off if the Carver is Christian's mom. That would be great and totally fucked up beyond belief.

Better Episode tonight with the racist family and the "wedding". Couple of Holy Shit parts when the dad actually invites Matt to dinner anytime ( you knew that was coming) after he found out about the transsexual incident and Kimber not showing up to walk down the aisle. Obviously the characters don't know that the Carver was actually involved but once you hear the knock on the door and the shot pans away, you know the Carver is involved somehow.

I think we find that out next week Also I think next week is the episode everyone's heard about where Costa bangs out a military dude

........ I think its Grace now personally

yeah...that whole sequence was definently one of the weirdest moments on the show since sean fucking the kimber doll...I really could have done without seeing Costa get his shit packed...