TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 10/1 Impact Thread

I loved how on the intro video package they mentioned that Jeff Jarrett has been a world champion everywhere he's been.  1,000 meaningless points to whoever tells me what's wrong with that statement.

He was a WWF World Tag Team Champion though, so it's not a lie to say he was a World champ there.

However, when you think World Champion you don't initially think of a tag division you think of the top prize of each promotion.

Something amusing I remembered from the Hardy-Rhyno match. A few minutes in they did a spot which ended with Hardy down in the upper righthand corner. The fans in the front row started chanting "DON'T GET UP! DON'T GET UP!"

I laughed out loud at that one

I'm considering it at this point...

But then I'd feel like the job would be half assed if I didn't do the 3 Hour PPV's too...and THAT is where my problem lies.

Dames

If I had the computer near a TV, I could possibly bring back the Lazarush for Impact if Dames ain't up for it. Though I could go to my girlfriend's house, since her computer is in her room and she has a cable TV in there as well. Hrmmmm...

Guest MikeSC

Hell, I could do it.

If I say it's good, you can rest assured it is unbelievably fucking good.

I would do a Royal Treatment on Impact, but I'm not really familiar with TNA as it is right now, so I wouldn't feel comfortable really giving a good opinion on it without people pointing out a bunch of mistakes a regular viewer wouldn't miss.

::no-sells Mike::

I vote for Dames for the weekly shows, with either Laz, bps, or Baddboi doing the PPVs. Maybe a three or four man rotation, that way each one does it once a year.. TNA does have PPVs four times a year, right? Or is it more?

EDIT: are things that hectic for you Dames, that you couldn't do a weekly show?

Well, Dames you really don't have to do the Diatribes on the PPVs seeing how PK and JHawk didn't do reviews on the WWE PPVs. Review the Impacts and do an occassional Diatribe on the PPVs for a nice surprise. I just want to see the Diatribes return since those are what brought me to this board in the first place.

Guest *KNK*

I vote for Dames for the weekly shows, with either Laz, bps, or Baddboi doing the PPVs. Maybe a three or four man rotation, that way each one does it once a year.. TNA does have PPVs four times a year, right? Or is it more?

They have a PPV each month, so it's 12 times a year.

Okay then, set up the rotation so each one alternates and its three times a year.

On that note, wouldn;t you think that TNA will have to scale back the number of PPVs to six, maybe even four now?

Guest *KNK*

Okay then, set up the rotation so each one alternates and its three times a year.

On that note, wouldn;t you think that TNA will have to scale back the number of PPVs to six, maybe even four now?

No why should they? Personally I'd perfer them to scale back to 8 PPV's a year and make them somewhat more important but There's no reason for them to cut down on PPV's now. They went a year doing it and did fine, just because it has a weekly tv program on a higher level doesn't mean it'll need to.

It's making profit...

Guest MikeSC

Having finally watched the tape, thoughts:

AJ Styles v Roderick Strong: Short, gave AJ a chance to show off some of his offense. It was a squash and little more. Can't say it was great. Can't really say it was good. Grade: C+

Monty Brown v Lex Lovett --- Total squash and Brown is just not a good worker. His promos ALSO suck, which doesn't help things. That was actually one of his BETTER pounces he hit; it is just an absurdly shitty finisher. Ronnie Garvin's PUNCH in the 1980's looked better. Grade: F

Chris Sabin v Alex Shelley v Petey Williams --- now THIS is a highlight reel for TNA. Sabin is incredibly good and, while Corey may disagree somewhat, Petey has become a solid worker and good heel. I'm still lukewarm on Shelley, but the match was quite good. It has that over-rehearsed look that a lot of TNA matches have (they do, let's be honest), it was a fun, frenetic, non-stop few minutes. I hope they are finally willing to push Sabin again as his de-push this past year made little sense. Grade: B+

Jeff Hardy v Rhino --- better than a RAW match? Well, if you mean one involving Snitsky or most of the women, yes. Otherwise --- no. Terrible match, but you have the useless Jeff and the sadistically mediocre Rhino (Jericho making him look good is one of the all-time great carry jobs). Add in my utter disdain for Sabu and inability to comprehend why Abyss isn't pushed as a serious contender and you don't have greatness on screen. Grade: D.

Now, they ALSO need to keep Larry Zbyzsko off-screen. Period. The man is a shit interview, an unappealing personality, somebody whose opinion might do more to harm TNA than anything. And the location for the JJ title win --- it looked as bush-league as a venue can look. Have some standards as to where you have "big" matches because it looked like a building even ECW would have never considered running in. When I think "World Title win", the phrase "...in what looks like a hotel ballroom" is not something that should pop into mind.

And my loathing of the Duds was in full effect in the WWE. It isn't stopping now --- which, apparently, makes me unlike most people. I won't consider them a good signing until they actually have a good match, something they've failed to do, regularly, since about WM XVII.

Overall: One really solid match. One decent showcase for their best all-around worker. Two flat-out bad matches and footage of a title change that makes the promotion look bush-league. Not the perfect start for a company by any stretch of the imagination. But, as a plus, the only thing the fans REALLY got into for any length of time was the 3-way (of course, 2 of the matches were too short to really get much heat), so the boys in power might learn a lesson --- although, judging by next week's card, we might have to hope for a solid effort, top-to-bottom, in 2 weeks. It isn't happening next week.

Guest I miss Test.

Hehe.

It's cute seeing Dames and Kostka think their writing talents are worth a damn.

I could probably do a weekly show, but I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to be consistent...

I just don't want to half ass anything.

Dames

1. Interesting how this "I miss Test" fella leaves me out of that group when I'm the first to admit that the Rush sucked compared to the Diatribe.

2. Dames, me and you could always switch off weeks, ya know. You take one week, I take the next, etc. Any week you KNOW you can't do it, I'll take it, and vice versa.

I like the idea of passing around who does the PPV reviews, but that becomes expensive after a few shows.

I just don't know if I can ever commit to the PPV's, because 3 hour shows =6 hours of work for me...

But I THINK I can handle Impact.

Dames

I miss The Dames' tv reports, they were pretty much the main reason I started coming to this website a few years back (long before I joined the forum), along with Truitt's shoot reviews. Impact write ups would be great :cheers:

Fuck, it seems I've got to wait 5 weeks for it to be show over here, since TNA wanted to fuck around with The Wrestling Channel a while back. Still waiting for Unbreakable, let alone this. (Consolation: We get PPVs for free. And NOAH. Love that NOAH.)

I understand you don;t want to half ass anything Dames, but like everyone else who is clamoring for the return of the Diatribe, I'm in the same boat. The Diatribe and Brandon's shoot interviews were the main reason why I came to TSM. They kept me informed, entertained and awake during a shitty swing shift job that I had in a data center.

Speaking of Brandon, I wonder where he is.. I rarely see him anymore. He *is* teke184, isn;t he?

I'd love to be included in TSM's TNA coverage, but I wouldn't be able to do PPVs, because I just have basic cable now with no PPV access. I've been relying on DVDs to get my TNA PPV fix, so I'm a few months behind (I have seen everything up to Slammiversary). But I watch Impact every week, only missed a episode or two when I was in DC and Comcast fucked us over and the last two months of the dark period when I had to go back to using dial-up. :( Also, I've never really been a recap kind of guy. The writing I did for TNA was a tribute to BPS's old PPV Previews, which broke down what happened the week before, with his opinions of it and what he thought would happen next using the previews supplied by TNA. That and the diatribe were required Wednesday and Thursday morning reading for me when I stumbled across TSM for the first time. I could see myself doing that for Impact as long as TNA keeps posting real previews. During the FSN era, I always read the spoilers, but I didn't last week and enjoyed the show much more so I'm trying it again this week. If the preview came back, I'd just avoid them like the plague, though if TNA doesn't announce matches, I could have someone send me a match listing. So my vote would be for a return of either the Diatribe or the Lazarush (or BOTH~) return with the preview coming back done by either BPS or me. Just a thought...

Quick question - how long after the show do the ratings come out? Being Aussie and all, I don't know these things.