TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Smallville Season 5 Thread

Guest JMA

I thought Marsters was great as Brainiac/Fine. I did find it a little strange that Brainiac would believe the "we only use 10% of our brain" urban legend, though. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take the character and just how he's associated with Krypton and Jor-El.

I also enjoyed the way Aquaman was portrayed and getting to finally seeing Luthor acting evil. "The days of you barging into my office and me giving you sage advice is over."

I'm dreading next week, though. The vampires could be just as bad as the witches.

Cute little scene between Clark and Lois in the barn.  Nice to see them foreshadow their relationship a little since so far they've been kind of cold towards each other.

There's subtle foreshadowing....then there's hitting you in the balls with it repeatedly every week.

Guest Brian

Did anyone else feel like the guy who played aquaman was just horrible?

James Marsters saying vamps aren't real will have me tuning in next week.

Guest JMA

I didn't really have a problem with him. I did notice he seemed to have some sort of accent, though.

I didn't really have a problem with him. I did notice he seemed to have some sort of accent, though.

Maybe it was just my TV, but I had a hard time hearing him when he talked. It was like he talked real softly. I could hear everyone else just fine for some reason. Now when he got mad and talked louder it was fine, but when he was just talking normally I had trouble. Plus he wasn't a very good actor.

Maybe it was just my TV, but I had a hard time hearing him when he talked. It was like he talked real softly. I could hear everyone else just fine for some reason. Now when he got mad and talked louder it was fine, but when he was just talking normally I had trouble. Plus he wasn't a very good actor.

I actually enjoyed him a lot. *shrug*. In fact, I was going to say that I actually really don't like, hell, I HATE the character of Aquaman. (In my opinion..it's just stupid, but to each his own) But somehow his portrayal on the show really made me want to see him as a recurring character on the show. And I couldn't help but think he just looked really damn cool, (especially in the ending, with the tight orange shirt and the green pants) When he was kissing Lois and they zoomed out, it actually looked like a live-action Aquaman movie or something. And damnit, I just want to see a maybe, later Smallville episode, or just some kind of special or something where all these JLU characters get together, Aquaman/Supes/Flash/whoever else. And even more importantly, I want to see them in their costumes >_>.

I couldn't help but picture them in their outfits in every scene Clark and 'AC' were together.

But as for the accent thing, I think that possibly had something to do with him trying to do the whole surfer talk thing? And I''m guessing 'Insert actor's name here' doesnt really talk like that, so it might have been a bit of a stretch.

Yes, he sucked. He was obviously only hired because of his appearance. Of course, it didn't help they wrote some of the shittiest dialogue imaginable for him, and insisted on calling him "AC".

I didn't see the Flash episode last year. What was THAT like?

The kid that did the Flash was alright, probably helped that they weren't going for just a look. And yeah, he sucked, but we're unlikely to see much more of him, so I'm not worried.

I missed the first two eps of the season and have only caught the last two. I hope this season is better than last.

Guest Prodigy

From the Nov. 3 episode where Lois plays a stripper:

smallville2.jpg

smallville1.jpg

Haven't been watching this season, but this might just make me change my mind...

Oh wow Carrie Fisher has let herself go. What happened to the days of the metal bikini?

EDIT: Weird that pizza boy looks like Elisha Cuthbert's brother or something. Same facial expression for a second there.

Buffy Saunders? Awesome.

And this is episode was written by Steven S. DeKnight. That name better sound familar to everyone.

Is Marsters southern?  There's always a hint of twang in some of his words that I never noticed back when he used a British accent.

California.

Coincidentally, as written, Spike was originally supposed to be southern.

Okay...they're making progress. Instead of reminding me of a 1st season Buffy, this reminds me of a 4th season Buffy.