TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Smallville Season 5 Thread

I know they're rying to play up the romatic tension between Clark and Lois, but since Lois shouldn't even be on the show, I was hoping they'd go a different direction.

I could have done without Buffy Sanders...I wonder if they knew how lame it was when they were writting it up.

And how many times have the done a Lana memory wipe after Clark and something involving his powers.

Meh

Guest JMA
I know they're rying to play up the romatic tension between Clark and Lois, but since Lois shouldn't even be on the show, I was hoping they'd go a different direction.

If they had held up on introducing Lois until Clark was in college her presense would've made much more sense. Of course, that would only be true if Clark went to college in Metropolis instead of the college he goes to now.

Come to think of it, Lori Lemaris should've been used instead of Aquaman.

If they had held up on introducing Lois until Clark was in college her presense would've made much more sense. Of course, that would only be true if Clark went to college in Metropolis instead of the college he goes to now.

Yeah I wish they would of had Clark meet Lois in college too. Cause I really hate the way they would have her stick around. First, they she didn't finishing high school so she can hang around Smallville High. Then she goes to college, gets kicked out and stays with the Kents. Then she goes off to find her sister and that lasts all of one ep before she's back and living with the Kents.

I really don't get why they let her stay with them so much. I mean that's not a good way of trying to keep Clarks secret. I would tell that bitch to get her own place and to get to hell of my room.

Guest JMA

Yeah I wish they would of had Clark meet Lois in college too. Cause I really hate the way they would have her stick around. First, they she didn't finishing high school so she can hang around Smallville High. Then she goes to college, gets kicked out and stays with the Kents. Then she goes off to find her sister and that lasts all of one ep before she's back and living with the Kents.

I really don't get why they let her stay with them so much. I mean that's not a good way of trying to keep Clarks secret. I would tell that bitch to get her own place and to get to hell of my room.

The perfect way to have done things would've been for Clark to establish his disguise (glasses, slicked back hair, mild-mannered, ect) on his first day of college and then he could've met Lois. That way it's more believable that she won't recognize him when he's Superman, as all she's known is the mild-mannered Clark. Their relationship would be antagonistic through the season, with Lori Lemaris being Clark's love interest.

"Slaying Buffy the Vampire"

"Up, up, and away."

That's 5.

Actually, I missed one.

Chloe on Clark's Zorro outfit: "Don't you think the cape was a bit much?"

Clark: "I kind of like it."

The perfect way to have done things would've been for Clark to establish his disguise (glasses, slicked back hair, mild-mannered, ect) on his first day of college and then he could've met Lois. That way it's more believable that she won't recognize him when he's Superman, as all she's known is the mild-mannered Clark. Their relationship would be antagonistic through the season, with Lori Lemaris being Clark's love interest.

But that's just way to....'BAM!'. If you get what I mean.

Since season 1 it's pretty clear that they've been trying to establish 'Its not exactly Superman'. There's no point in doing all that, with the slicked hair, and glasses etc. It's not like even if she had met him in college with the glasses, and hair, she shouldn't be able to tell that he's Superman.

All they have to do is explain the suit has some kind of power that disguises his appearence sort of. The same way they've done memory wipe numerous times, the same thing could technically happen every time he's in costume.

Guest JMA

But that's just way to....'BAM!'. If you get what I mean.

Since season 1 it's pretty clear that they've been trying to establish 'Its not exactly Superman'. There's no point in doing all that, with the slicked hair, and glasses etc. It's not like even if she had met him in college with the glasses, and hair, she shouldn't be able to tell that he's Superman.

All they have to do is explain the suit has some kind of power that disguises his appearence sort of. The same way they've done memory wipe numerous times, the same thing could technically happen every time he's in costume.

I do get what you're saying, but I think it would work better to have Clark craft his disguise while in college, especially if he meets Lois there. I'm not sure I'd like the suit having the power to disguise his identity, though.

I'm wishing this was an HBO series right now.

edit: "Good ole boys."

Heh.

edit2: Clark, chill out, you have x-ray vision.

edit3: I love it when strip clubs use the radio edits of songs.

Edited by Y2Jerk

It must secretly be a prostituton ring, or a crack house, or the secret headquarters of the Legion of Doom or something.

And I wanna see Maggie Sawyer hitting on Chloe.

voice over: "It was right about then the Duke Boys realized there was more to this than meets the eye..."

edit: The helicopter got caught in a cable? I feel like I've seen that in a movie or something.

edit2: I really don't think diplomatic immunity covers murder.

edit3: He wasn't King David's best friend, and they certainly didn't leave that part out, since it IS in the Bible.

2 shitty episodes in a row.

announcer: "Well, I looks like Jonathon Kent had a decision ahead of him..."

Next week: Scenes from Clark's nightmares. Swell.

voice over: "It was right about then the Duke Boys realized there was more to this than meets the eye..."

edit: The helicopter got caught in a cable?  I feel like I've seen that in a movie or something.

edit2: I really don't think diplomatic immunity covers murder.

edit3: He wasn't King David's best friend, and they certainly didn't leave that part out, since it IS in the Bible. 

2 shitty episodes in a row.

Worked in Lethal Weapon 2.

Hmm, their version of King David's life is a bit different from what I read. Although, if they would have mentioned that Kng David slept and had a child with the soldiers wife, we would be stuck with a storyline of Lex trying to steal Lana from Clark.

Guest JMA

This episode was okay, but I couldn't really pay attention to it much. It seemed like one of those episodes meant to set-up a future storyline rather than tell a compelling story. Still, it did wash the taste of crappy vampires out of my mouth. I'd rank it as average.

I really really don't...

2 weeks ago was a throwaway episode with Lana turning into a vampire. Finding out about Clark's powers, and then forgetting for the twenty-seventh time. Chloe also got a bottom rung job at the Tourch. They made the worst Buffy/Vampire jokes puns ever. Bad writting.

Last week was an old friend of papa Kent's was in a little trouble. Tom Wopat guest starred as the state senetor who was fooling around with a dead stripper...not while she was dead though...Lex Luthor is going to run for senate as well

Dukes of Hazzard jokes were made, but not as bad as the Buffy jokes.

Got to see Lois in a bikini, but otherwise not great.

Guest JMA
Chloe also got a bottom rung job at the Tourch. They made the worst Buffy/Vampire jokes puns ever. Bad writting.

I think you mean the Daily Planet. The Torch is Smallville High's newspaper.

Guest JMA
Isn't the Daily Star essesntialy the Earth 2 (back when there was an Earth 2...or wait is there an Earth 2 again...so confusing) Daily Planet?

Yes, that's correct. There were a few differences (like George Taylor having Perry White's job), though.