TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Smallville Season 5 Thread

Guest SpiderFan

Around the time Clark learned that's what it's called from Dr. Swann. It wasn't abundant at first, but it's been slowly creeping in.

Guest SpiderFan

Yeah, it's rarely used. In fact, I think this was the first episode it was used more then once.

Guest JMA
When did they start officially calling it "Kryptonite" on this show?

Shortly after Clark learned about Krypton.

It's already clear that Brainiac is lying to Clark. He said he's been on Earth for years when, in fact, he's only recently arrived. I'm guessing that he'll try to turn Clark against both Jor-El and humanity--to make himself the sole influence in Clark's life.

Guest JMA
Well this was a good episode and next week looks even better.  Now we're finally getting into the thick of things.

Agreed. Learning about Krypton is more interesting than the meteor freaks.

Now if I could only forget about the vampire episode. :ph34r:

Guest JMA

Brainiac is even more Machiavellian than Lex and Lionel Luthor combined.

Here's what we know about Brainiac so far:

- He came in a ship containing the "followers of Zod." Zod may be either a real (either living or deceased) figure or a mythical one. What we do know is that Jor-El doesn't care for his followers.

- He appears to be made out of some type of liquid, ala the T-1000 from Terminator 2. Marsters has stated that he definitely is a machine--so it's clear that he's not a natural native of Krypton like Clark/Kal.

- His Kryptonian-esque powers could either be a result of the silver kryptonite or natural. Based on the ending, I'm guessing the former.

- He's already lied to Clark, so anything he says may be completely fabricated.

- He has no qualms about taking human life.

I figured Brainiac was behind the whole thing, they didn't really do so well to pursuade me otherwise durring the episode. I liked it a little better than I thought I would though

Should I be watching this show? Because I haven't watched this show in, literally, years, and the only reason I'm considering watching it is because somehow James Marsters is in it.

Guest JMA

I enjoyed this week's episode very much. I still get the feeling Jonathan will die, especially after the end of the episode. I thought the fight with Brainiac was pretty cool, and I know we haven't seen the last of him (or Zod). As for Jor-El, I think he's still inside Lionel (and has all his memories). He can better watch over his son with a physical body, rather than being just a booming voice.

The trailer for Superman Returns was just awesome. I got chills hearing Jor-El (Brando) narrating.

Guest JMA
Good enough episode, but I was waiting for the end where Clark would get punches through a wall, the you see Zod with "Kneel before Zod!"

They're probably saving Zod for the next season. I'm guessing Clark will have to deal with Brainiac (I sincerly doubt he's dead) first.

I like the idea that they may actaully build a villan up this time. Other than Lex looming on evil and freaking Adam from season 3, there haven't been any good baddies that have stuck around

I know Clark hates, or at least doesn't trust, Jor-El, but he swallowed Braniac's lines pretty damn easily. Didn't make him look too smart there. They could have tried to make it a little less obvious that Braniac was behind Martha's illness somehow.

Still, a decent episode, although I still have the memory of that abysmal vampire episode to compare it to.

Good enough episode, but I was waiting for the end where Clark would get punches through a wall, the you see Zod with "Kneel before Zod!"

They're probably saving Zod for the next season. I'm guessing Clark will have to deal with Brainiac (I sincerly doubt he's dead) first.

I'd say the chances of getting impaled being enough to stop a guy who can turn into liquid ooze is pretty slim. He'll be back.

Guest JMA

I'd say the chances of getting impaled being enough to stop a guy who can turn into liquid ooze is pretty slim. He'll be back.

Not to mention the fact that he possesses "natural" Kryptonian powers as well.

If tonight's episode ends with Lex doing the right thing and turning into a nice guy I'm gonna puke.

edit: They should've done that Chloe & Clark Christmas tree scene with Lois & Clark.

edit2: Santa Clark. Heh.

Edited by Mister Jerk

This episode feels like its been 60% commercials.

edit: Now Lex needs to go after the people who mugged him and torture them Marsalis Wallace-style.

Edited by Mister Jerk

Next week's 2 hour episode looks like it'll be quite a show.

It's not a rerun?

Yeah...you're right. They fooled me by advertising it as a "special 2 hour movie", but its just a repeat of the 4th season finale/5th season premiere in 2 hour form.