TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Smallville Season 5 Thread

Guest JMA

Next week's 2 hour episode looks like it'll be quite a show.

It's not a rerun?

Yeah...you're right. They fooled me by advertising it as a "special 2 hour movie", but its just a repeat of the 4th season finale/5th season premiere in 2 hour form.

I really hate when shows pull shit like that.

Well, it definitely wasn't as bad as it could have been. I guess this is the episode where Lex makes his full heel turn. I was just afraid he'd grow into a bastard just to save Lana or some crap like that. Good to see a dark take on It's A Wonderful Life.

Man, that Lexmas episode was awesome! I mean, a weird Alternate Future where Lex Luthor is marred to Lana Lang. Superman playing Santa Clause using his superspeed to deliver presents and then talking what may have been the real Santa Clause out of killing himself. It was like an issue of one of the Superman comics out of the fuckin' Silver Age. Awesome!

And with a dark ending that builds up Luthor as a bad guy to boot.

Edited by ZGangsta

Guest JMA

This episode reminded me of the classic Superman story "For the Man Who Has Everything," only with Luthor instead of Superman and with a much darker ending.

Say, wasn't there some show about Superman as a kid or something? Mighta been on the WB? Can't seem to remember...

God I hate the like 6 week breaks shows do over Christmas these days.

I was not a fan of that episode at all. This election storyline has GOT to go. It's boring me to tears. I mean, I just don't care one bit because it just seems so tacked on. I can't see either Lex or Pa Kent actually having any real motivation to running. It didn't really bother me until now that they actually had it be the main storyline for an episode and it just doesn't hold up. And now they dragged Lois into it, not good. Also, I swear this had to have been the episode where Clark had the least lines/screen time.

However, the stuff with Clark and Lana was pretty good, and Clark and Chloe's coversation at the planet was pure gold. Awesome. I can't believe they actually went there with the whole 'sex with a human woman' thing! And Chloe's line:

'It's just that this conversation definately cements me as your Krypto-hag.'

probably the best line in the whole series.

So there was some good stuff, but overall I was pretty disappointed becasue of this lame sate senate storyline. Season 5 is still rocking though.

As for who dies? I could actually buy anyone in the cast other than Clark, Lex, and Lois dying. Yes even Lana. They've deviated from comics continuity enough that I could see her getting offed, but she's one of the stars of the show so it probably won't happen. If they do stick with modern comics continuity then it has to be Chloe, because Lana and both of Superman's parents are alive today. I think Pa Kent's safe because they teased his death this week so they probably won't turn around and kill him after that. Maybe.

So my bet's unfortunately on Chloe. It sucks becasue she's the best part of the show right now

I'm thinking it's Chloe that dies too, I'm sure most are thinking it's gonna be Jonathan so this would be a bit more of a suprise...plus I think her death could be used to start Lois down her path towards the Daily Planet

They've deviated from comics continuity enough that I could see her getting offed, but she's one of the stars of the show so it probably won't happen. If they do stick with modern comics continuity then it has to be Chloe, because Lana and both of Superman's parents are alive today. I think Pa Kent's safe because they teased his death this week so they probably won't turn around and kill him after that. Maybe.

This show uses a blend of Silver Age, Donner movie, Animated Series, and post-Crisis continuity. That gives Jonathon a 50/50 chance of living.

Guest JMA

They've deviated from comics continuity enough that I could see her getting offed, but she's one of the stars of the show so it probably won't happen. If they do stick with modern comics continuity then it has to be Chloe, because Lana and both of Superman's parents are alive today. I think Pa Kent's safe because they teased his death this week so they probably won't turn around and kill him after that. Maybe.

This show uses a blend of Silver Age, Donner movie, Animated Series, and post-Crisis continuity. That gives Jonathon a 50/50 chance of living.

Right you are. Maybe they'll actually do a SWERVE~! and have Martha die instead.

It won't be Lana, though. There's practically no chance of that happening.

Why does everyone keep instisting that they 'finally' start some huge conflict with Lex and Clark. Lex Luthor is Superman's mortal enemy, not Clark Kent's. I always figured that the show would end with Luthor not on good terms with Clark or anything, but not with the two of them locked in some climactic battle.

They've just been teasing it too long. Smallville is pretty bad about that to the point where something finally does happen you lose all interest. They've had 300 shows end with Clark and Lana doing their little emo "why we can't be together thing," and now that it's happened I could honestly care less

Chloe or Lana cold die and not break my heart.

BOOOOOOO at the thought of Chloe dying, although she's been my odds on favorite of getting the dirt nap (again) since they brought the whole thing up. I'm thinking they may pull Pete in so he can get shot in a drive-by case of mistaken identity. That's a long shot though. So random it would be rather funny.

Chloe or Lana cold die and not break my heart.

BOOOOOOO at the thought of Chloe dying, although she's been my odds on favorite of getting the dirt nap (again) since they brought the whole thing up. I'm thinking they may pull Pete in so he can get shot in a drive-by case of mistaken identity. That's a long shot though. So random it would be rather funny.

Or if a letter just shows up at the Kent home and they take 10 seconds to go 'Oh no. Pete Ross died in a tragic accident. How sad' and then move on and never mention it again.

They've actually done a good job of keeping the death(s) secret. Apparently they've put out fake scripts and even shot footage for future episodes that won't be used because the character dies, etc. etc. Real cloak and dagger stuff, but it seems to be working.

I know the previews lean heavy on

Lana dying, with the clips of her being in the car that is hit

, but you know you can't trust Smallville previews. They're pretty good about misleading the viewers with those things.

Guest Askewniverse

Holy shit.

They actually killed Lana.

But then again, the episode is only half-over.