TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Smallville Season 5 Thread

Lois. Lana and Chloe annoy the hell out of me. I cannot stand either character and wish both would just go away.

Chloe appeals to us the same reason Veronica Mars, Dana Scully, and Willow Rosenberg do...smart chicks are hot.

Guest JMA
But if Terrance Stamp showed up most people would think, "what the hell...Zod is Clark's father???"

I'm not sure "Zod" is the first thing they'd think of when they saw Stamp. He does look diffierent now. Besides, it would be fun having the man that played Jor-El's mortal enemy play Jor-El himself on-screen.

Lois. Lana and Chloe annoy the hell out of me. I cannot stand either character and wish both would just go away.

Chloe appeals to us the same reason Veronica Mars, Dana Scully, and Willow Rosenberg do...smart chicks are hot.

I could care less for Veronica Mars or Willow.

Dana Scully, on the other hand, hell yeah. Now THAT is a woman.

mmmm Gillian Anderson...that picture she took for, I believe Entertainment Weekly on the cover where she appears to be watered down is forever etched in my memory...

Oh yay comics most useless superhero is making a Smallville appearance next week.  Maybe he'll talk to some fish!

Under the right writer Aquaman can be quite good. Grant Morrison wrote him pretty good on his JLA run. And I've heard good things about Peter David's run on his book. And think they used him pretty good on JLU.

Guest Askewniverse

I think they'll kill off Chloe. The writers have a habit of getting rid of anyone who knows Clark's secret.

Aquaman? I think they're jumping the shark. And they'll probably have Aquaman talk to it.

You know I always thought Aquaman would make a better villain than a hero. Think about how he could send sharks to attack people, sink ships, command a school of pirrana, stuff like that.

Guest JMA

Aquaman is far from the most useless super-hero ever. Frankly, it'd be pretty bad-ass to control a bunch of sharks.

Anyway, tonight's episode was good, so that's three for three so far. It was nice to see Jor-El and Kal-El physically interact. I thought John Glover did a fantasic job playing Jor-El (his accent was perfect), and I don't think we've seen the last of Lionel being possessed by him.

As for who's dying, I'd also have to say it's Jonathan via a heart-attack.

Guest JMA
You know I always thought Aquaman would make a better villain than a hero.  Think about how he could send sharks to attack people, sink ships, command a school of pirrana, stuff like that.

If that were the case he'd be too much like Namor. His current portrayal in the comics is fine. I also love the way he's been used in Justice League Unlimited.

"Aquaman is far from the most useless super-hero ever. Frankly, it'd be pretty bad-ass to control a bunch of sharks."

Yea, until that person, you know...decided to go on land.

Then what's he gonna do? Send some turtles to attack him?

Apparently, in some long-lost pre-Crisis comic story, Superboy and Aquaman knew each other as teens. At this point I'm also expecting for Lori Lemaris to show up.

Hey, I missed the beginning of the show...did Jonathon and Martha have a cow over Clark and Lana sleeping together?

Guest JMA
Whatever, Aquaman has strength and kick-ass fighting skillz on land too.

This is true. If I recall, he's also associated with magic now.

My favorite Aquaman moment would have to be him cutting off his own hand to save his son on Justice League. That was just bad-ass.

Guest JMA
Hey, I missed the beginning of the show...did Jonathon and Martha have a cow over Clark and Lana sleeping together?

Martha seemed to take it well, but not Jonathan. He didn't really yell at Clark, but he did seem disappointed. Still, they both took it better than I thought they would.

As for Lori Lemaris, it would make perfect sense for her to show up now. In all her interpretations, she's met Clark in college. They need to make her humanoid, like Aquaman, if they do decide to use her, though. Perhaps they could even connect the two. On a related note, I think Lois' introduction should've been held off until this season. It would've made more sense for Clark to meet Lois in college.

I really enjoy this series, but I can't help thinking how messed up Smallville's continuity is when you have to wonder how in the blue hell Lex and Lois won't figure out that Supes and Clark are one and the same right from the get go, being that they've known each other since fricking high school.

And Clark should have banged Chloe first instead of Lana. I still can't believe she lost her virginity with Jimmy Olsen.

Well, I wasn't too impressed with the last episode. Maybe because I am too psyched for the whole

Brainiac

thing, and that this episode had nothing to do with it. =\

Aquaman is far from the most useless super-hero ever. Frankly, it'd be pretty bad-ass to control a bunch of sharks.

A] He has super-strength. B] He can breathe underwater. C] The motherfucker CUT OFF HIS OWN HAND and now as a spear there in it's place. If you want to talk about useless superhero's, let's talk about Jubilee or Dazzler or that cowboy character from JLU.

A] He has super-strength. B] He can breathe underwater. C] The motherfucker CUT OFF HIS OWN HAND and now as a spear there in it's place.  If you want to talk about useless superhero's, let's talk about Jubilee or Dazzler or that cowboy character from JLU.

In the comics Aquaman lost his hand when the madman Charybdis stole his ability to communicate with sea life and stuck Arthur's hand in a pool of water teeming with piranhas.

A] He has super-strength. B] He can breathe underwater. C] The motherfucker CUT OFF HIS OWN HAND and now as a spear there in it's place.  If you want to talk about useless superhero's, let's talk about Jubilee or Dazzler or that cowboy character from JLU.

In the comics Aquaman lost his hand when the madman Charybdis stole his ability to communicate with sea life and stuck Arthur's hand in a pool of water teeming with piranhas.

I know, I was going with Justice League cartoon storyline though. I like it better. :P Sorry, should've mentioned that. ;)

Aquaman from Justice League is way better than the comic-book version, IMO. Still, Namor could kick the crap out of him all over the Seven Seas, no matter what you saw on Marvel vs DC #2.

"Junior Lifeguard Assoctiation." nice ref. heh. Good to finally see Marsters getting into things and of course good to see Lex's descent taken another step forward...though I'm expecting at least one more big redemption attempt before he's finally brought all the way through.