TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees-Red Sox Thread

Guest TheDon

Yes and if he didn't have a budget Carlos Beltran would be playing Centerfield for the Yankees and probably Pedro would have been signed too.

Guest TheDon
For the Yankees to lose only 5-3 after playing so horrible in the game it isn't that bad and leaves some positives for the rest of the series.  Thankfully Posada sits tommorow and hopefully Sierra joins him on the pine.  As far as you AL.  I have watched pretty much every Yankee game on televison since 1993.  Posada has a horrible eye.  He might walk alot but when he swings at balls in the dirt today and takes close pitches I am going to question him.

Watch closer. Posada's 15th in walks and 43rd in strikeouts. You don't place 15th in the league in walks without a good batting eye. It's hard to believe a guy like Posada who plays in NY and has three titles can be underrated, but he is.

Posada has never been underrated in terms of offense. He made it to 4 all star games if not more and was snubbed out on a couple due to Mike Hargrove. Posada even finished third in the MVP voting for 2003. The point I was trying to make is this. David Wells walked Arod and then Giambi. He hits Sheffield and what does Jorge do? He swings at the first pitch that bounces off the ground and then he takes the second pitch which is close for strike two. I personally hate it when I see batters swinging first pitch when the pitcher is having control issues. That is why I made the comment about Posadas eye. He did have what two strikeouts last night. I dont even want to hear your rationalization of his at bat against Timlin in the 8th which was just god awful.

I dont even want to hear your rationalization of his at bat against Timlin in the 8th which was just god awful.

How about "He had a bad at-bat and was outguessed by Timlin"?

Come on man, even your fellow Yankee fans on this board are telling you to clam up. I told you to knock it off last time. This is your last warning.

Anyway, if I had any beef with the home plate ump tonight it was that he took about 3 hours to signal a strike after the ball hit the mitt. The games are already long and tense enough without you making us wait for a fucking strike call, dude.

Come on man, even your fellow Yankee fans on this board are telling you to clam up. I told you to knock it off last time. This is your last warning.

Actually, he's 100% right about Posada, his numbers are offset by some absolutely horrible at-bats, at the most inopportune times. The reason he walks so much is that he takes a lot of pitches, but he gets himself in trouble doing the same thing.

*this is one of the reasons I hate Posada in the 7 hole, with nothing to protect him he's much more vulnerable to ABs like the one against Timlin. I'd feel more comfortable with him hitting ninth, or somewhere with Matsui behind him.

Posada's state of mind with the bases loaded with less than two outs with a vet known for his control like Wells pitching, was likely that he'd see something right down the middle on the first pitch.

Guest TheDon

And you people think I am bad?? You shoud see the yankees board at Yesnetwork.com or NYYfans.com. Bottom line is this. Posada had a bad game all around yesterday. His skills are declining. I want to see how happy any of you are when some player on your team leaves 7 runners on base with less than 2 outs in the game and have the runners be in scoring posistion.

Guest TheDon

Yankees take a quick 3-0 lead. Wakefields this numbers are horrible this year on 3 days rest.

John Sterling bitching on the radio saying it was foul. Get the fuck outta here.

Wasn't even close to being foul. But Ugh, you need to shut them down after a three spot Randy. Fucking ay.

edit: I could see why he was bitching though. Close ones down the LF line don't usually happen at Fenway, and if they do, there usually foul.

Guest TheDon

Nice to see Randy getting squeezed some more by the Ump. Manny's homerun did appear to be fould but only on TV. It's nice to see the Yankees play abc baseball and score 2 runs on productive outs unlike last night. I hope Jorge watched Flahertys at bat.

Nice to see Randy getting squeezed some more by the Ump.  Manny's homerun did appear to be fould but only on TV.  It's nice to see the Yankees play abc baseball and score 2 runs on productive outs unlike last night.  I hope Jorge watched Flahertys at bat.

What are you talking about? It was clearly fair.

Guest TheDon

I know it was fair. I said appeared to be foul while heading out of the stadium. Come on Randy get out of this Mess.

We do have Indians-White Sox. I might have enjoyed it being on more if the Indians would have won a game this week!

Actually I'm flipping between that & football.

Guest TheDon

I hate Foxxxxx. I want to watch the Yankees/Red Sox. I live in ny and they are showing picture in picture with the screen larger and the sound on for the Indians/White Sox. Show the Yankee game dammit.

I hate Foxxxxx.  I want to watch the Yankees/Red Sox.  I live in ny and they are showing picture in picture with the screen larger and the sound on for the Indians/White Sox.  Show the Yankee game dammit.

I like it. If the Yankee/Sox game becomes more competitive, they can concentrate on that game. I just hope the overrun doesn't effect my Phillies viewing.

Guest TheDon
I hate Foxxxxx.  I want to watch the Yankees/Red Sox.  I live in ny and they are showing picture in picture with the screen larger and the sound on for the Indians/White Sox.  Show the Yankee game dammit.

I like it. If the Yankee/Sox game becomes more competitive, they can concentrate on that game. I just hope the overrun doesn't effect my Phillies viewing.

Thats fine for you Al. I live rightout side Manhattan and I want to watch the Yankees against the Red Sox. I dont want to watch picture in picture with the White Sox and Indians playing with a larger picture and sound. Just update me when there is a change in score for that game.

Guest *KNK*

I'm very pleased to get Indians/Sox instead because There's more drama and pressure to this game then the other game. If The Indians lose here, tommorow's game for Sox/Yankees is virtually meaningless expect for "pride" and statistical numbers. Every knew that Yankees/Sox would split the first two games, the game that matters is game three.

Thats fine for you Al. I live rightout side Manhattan and I want to watch the Yankees against the Red Sox. I dont want to watch picture in picture with the White Sox and Indians playing with a larger picture and sound. Just update me when there is a change in score for that game.

It could be worse. I missed a Phillies game entirely when both Fox affiliates (NYC and Wilkes-Barre) on my cable system showed the Yankees instead.