West Wing season 1

West Wing season 2

Friends season 1

Friends season 2

The Waltons season 1

Gilligan's Island season 1

Gilligan's Island season 2

Guest *KNK*

Since Nip/Tuck is on sale, I'm hoping The Shield and Rescue Me will be on that list as well...

I don't think they will be...even though those 3 are all FX shows, these sets are all from Warner Bros. The Shield is Fox and Rescue Me is Columbia/Tristar. If you want The Shield, you may want to check your local Gamestop, if you have one. I picked up Shield S2 for $19.99. It was supposedly "used", but the discs were in perfect condition.

I don't think they will be...even though those 3 are all FX shows, these sets are all from Warner Bros. The Shield is Fox and Rescue Me is Columbia/Tristar. If you want The Shield, you may want to check your local Gamestop, if you have one. I picked up Shield S2 for $19.99. It was supposedly "used", but the discs were in perfect condition.

I did the same thing for seasons 1 and 2 of The Shield, as well as seasons 1 and 2 of Sliders ($29.99).

I picked up Nip/Tuck for the girlfriend earlier. Rescue Me was $39.99 and The Shield was $44.99 for season 3.

However, Gilligan's Island seasons 1 and 2 were 18.88, as were One Tree Hill, Lois and Clark, Smallville...and a few others.

I had been thinking about picking up Smallville recently. I saw the ad so headed into Target yesterday morning.

I picked up:

Smallville Season 1

One Tree Hill Season 1

Nip/Tuck Season 1

Without A Trace Season 1

Everybody Loves Raymond Season 1

Ones that weren't listed below I noticed were the Without A Trace like I got, Everybody Loves Raymond Season 2, ER Seasons 1 and 2.

A lot of these being Warner Brothers, have that mail-in rebate also. So getting a lot of them get you a good chunk of money back. Warner Brothers have the rebate from anywhere from buying 2-6 sets. 6 sets, $50 back. You get six sets for 113 plus tax, then fifty bucks back, eventually landing 53 plus tax for 6 box sets, pretty good deal.

I dont know if Target changed their policy, but it used to be that when they had games on sale, and you went and they didn't have them, they would give you a raincheck good for the percentage difference in their regular price and the sale price that would be good on ANY video game. Lots of people on Fatwallet and CAG abused it, so I dont know if they still do that. But if it does work, depending on the % off on some of these sets, you could wait til they are gone and then get a raincheck and then buy other season sets even cheaper if they give you a standard coupon good on any DVD box set..

Maybe someone can save me from having to cut out the UPC on the plastic case for Without a Trace by telling me where the Proof of Purchase Tab is. I found the tabs on Lois and Clark, they were on the inside of the cardboard box slipcover, but Without a Trace comes with that plastic cover. I looked on the insert but its not there either..

Edit..nevermind found em.

Oh, and I bought Gilmore Girls 1 & 2 as well, but for Christmas presents for my Aunt who I hate to shop for, but I know she loves the show. Ends up, with the 4 sets, I spent $80, but I'll get $30 back which is as good as only spending $10 for the 2 sets for my aunt. Had to open up the sets for the POPs, but I doubt she'll care anyway.