TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

NHL Thread

Wow, the NHL must not be desperate for viewers. The Capitals are being blacked out on my Regional Sports Network (Comcast Sports Net) on Directv. I can watch Wizards games, I can watch Orioles games, I can even watch Nationals games (on a different channel), but I cant watch Capitals games.

Good job.

Flyers dominating Rangers, but sloppiness at end of 2nd period and a shaky powerplay (1 for 7, one 5-on-3 goal and a two blown 5-on-3s back to back) have the Rangers in it, 3-2.

Mike Richards had an awesome goal.

Kings look pretty good. Garon was good up to 5 minutes ago and JR has 2 goals. 4-3 Kings at this point.

Ottawa and Toronto are going to OT. It was 1-0 Toronto forever, then 3 goals in the last 6 minutes. Bryan Murray replaced Bochenski with Alfredsson on the top line midway through the 3rd, and Alfie scored both Sens goals.

Guest Fook

I don't like the shootout idea. It just doesn't work for me.

Exactly what was wrong with ties?

Guest ABOBO

Very fun Wild/Flames game. 6-3 final, with Chouinard getting his first career hat trick tonight.

I saw the first half of the Pens/Devils game (Gonna get to see just about every single crosby game being in pittsburgh, woo)

Brodeur was friggin amazing, he single handedly won that game for them (The Devils defense really didn't do too much, especially in the first period)

Crosby seemed fairly good, and against a lesser goalie may have even scored on his first shot ever (He could have gone high on a nice backhand and maybe got it in, but it was a tough chance)

No shame in the pens only scoring once on Brodeur...but Thibault and our defense do need to perform better! :(

:)

Bullshit call on Fitzgerald cost the B's the game.

I liked the flow of the game, there was less holding and preventing guys from moving (Thornton was eating them up behind the net), but Murray must have missed the net at least five times. Bergeron looked fucking impressive and I was impressed with Boyes. Razor looked OK (he got beaten up over the shoulder which is his weak area and a third rebound shot by Ryder won it). Zhamnov and Scatchard were scratched and I think that effected the lines. Their presence will help with the depth. Leetch looked to have some legs left in his as well.

SENATORS 3, LEAFS 2 (SO)

The Good, Part 1: Bryan Murray making the awesome substitution of Alfredsson for Bochenski when it was obvious the rookie was in over his head a bit on the top line in his first regular-season game. Aflie scored both regulation goals, plus he potted the game-winner in the shootout.

The Good, Part 2: Dominik Hasek was excellent for the most part in his first game as a Senator, stopping 23 shots and not allowing any easy goals.

The Bad: It took quite awhile for the Sens to get into this game. They were sloppy and undisciplined for pretty much the first 45 minutes. If not for a good penalty kill unit, including a great kill of a 2-man advantage that straddled the second and third periods, the Leafs would have run away with this one. Toronto was only 1-for-9 on the power play.

The Ugly: 19 penalties all told (plus one that was about to be called in OT when time expired). It was tough to watch in spots.

How did Heatley look? I only saw him net the icer in the shootout, but I was caught up with Habs/B's and Sox² that I didn't get to watch it.

Lightning looked like a machine (especially in the 1st period) tonight. Granted this was against a better but still weak Carolina team and it'll be interesting to see how they do against Luongo on Friday (and Saturday?) but I cant be unhappy with the Lightning's performance. Grahame also looked very solid and made some tough saves. I know its only one game but I had to laugh at Khabibulin stinking the joint up for Chicago while Grahame looked very competent.

How did Heatley look? I only saw him net the icer in the shootout, but I was caught up with Habs/B's and Sox² that I didn't get to watch it.

He looked good. Assisted on the second goal, +2 on the night. Came hard in the first, and was pretty steady the rest of the way. The only thing that disappointed me was the power play, but that wasn't limited to just him. Plus, he was playing on what amounted to a 2-man line most of the night. I hate to pile on Bochenski, but the kid looked lost out there at times.

I get OLN, and there's a Pittsburgh game, plus one other coming soon.

The intermission report/pre-game commentators are interesting, to say the least.

"Remember folks, OLN will donate $1,000 for every live goal scored in the months of October on our network to the Hurricane fund...up to 25 goals!"

Resting an injury I think its for Burke.

For the Habs/Bruins game. I saw the highlights, and yes it was a bunk penelty and if anything it should have been an intereference, but thats a huge if. Habs pissed of Bruins fans again which is fun to watch.