TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

So to the people who watch TNA on a consistent basis, of all the free agents out there, who is the ONE GUY that could turn TNA into a threat?

And I mean really put them on the map, a wrestler that Russo probably would book properly.

No one. Without an advertising plan, a better understanding of how to book the wrestlers under contract and smarter decisions on who to keep employed and who to cut taps with then TNA will never rise above where they are.

It takes forever but all the progress they were making a year or two ago has been flushed by poor decision after poor decision and a failure to get their name out there so people know they are an actual DIFFERENT company from the WWE.

There is just one guy out there who's unsigned, healthy, and could probably turn this thing around all by himself. Problem is, Dwayne Johnson wants nothing to do with wrestling anymore.

So to the people who watch TNA on a consistent basis, of all the free agents out there, who is the ONE GUY that could turn TNA into a threat?

And I mean really put them on the map, a wrestler that Russo probably would book properly.

No one. Without an advertising plan, a better understanding of how to book the wrestlers under contract and smarter decisions on who to keep employed and who to cut taps with then TNA will never rise above where they are.

It takes forever but all the progress they were making a year or two ago has been flushed by poor decision after poor decision and a failure to get their name out there so people know they are an actual DIFFERENT company from the WWE.

There is just one guy out there who's unsigned, healthy, and could probably turn this thing around all by himself. Problem is, Dwayne Johnson wants nothing to do with wrestling anymore.

TNA makes so many bad calls right now that they could screw up a Rock return easily. TNA has the talent and the collective names to get them going up the mountain, they just don't seem to have anyone who can guide them or they are listening to the blind man who tells them the quickest way up is to jump off a cliff.

The WWE still owns the copyright trademark on "The Rock" moniker, right (and just let him use it for movies and stuff)? If so, I really would wonder how him in TNA could ever possibly work really. Dwayne Johnson just doesn't convey the same je ne sais quoi. He could always go with "The Pebble", I suppose.

The WWE still owns the copyright trademark on "The Rock" moniker, right (and just let him use it for movies and stuff)? If so, I really would wonder how him in TNA could ever possibly work really. Dwayne Johnson just doesn't convey the same je ne sais quoi. He could always go with "The Pebble", I suppose.

He could go with "Rocky" I guess. That was his dad's moniker. No way the E could really stop him. That said, the guy seems to have no interest in coming back to wrestling, and God forbid he should show up in the only organization that could screw up his return to the ring.

Rock isn't coming back to wrestling, ever, at this point, so I really hope TNA isn't holding their breaths for that at this point.

Really...TNA has everyone they should need. On paper, they actually have a pretty decent roster. I mean, five years ago if someone told you Angle, Sting, Booker T, the Outsiders, Christian, the Dudleys, the Steiner Brothers, Raven, etc. would all be in TNA, you'd think that would be a pretty good promotion, right? I didn't even touch on the X Division. Granted, some of those guys I listed are pretty old, but their roster doesn't exactly read like a bunch of bush league scrubs no one has heard of. They just aren't doing the right things with pretty much any of them.

PAC-MAN WON'T BE COMING BACK THIS YEAR: The Titans suspended cornerback Adam "Pac-Man Jones" met with the NFL this week with the hope of early reinstatement from a one-year suspension. He pleaded his case in New York on Friday but he will not get his way.

Sources have told FOX Sports that the commissioner will not reinstate him early, especially considering the fact that his legal problems are not yet over. Plus, Jones used a fist full of dollar bills as a prop for a finishing move during a recent wrestling appearance. He, in essence, "made it rain" by whipping a fist full of cash into another wrestler's face.

For a guy who is serving a suspension after a man was shot at a club after Jones "made it rain," that doesn't sound like something that would exactly be endearing to the league office.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7407546

You know, it seems like everyone in the mainstream world says "Oh, it's just wrestling, it's fake" until someone like Pacman Jones makes it rain money. Then all of a sudden, it's "SHIT, LOOK WHAT HE DID!!!!" It's like they know wrestling is fake, but get worked up about it at the same time, forgetting that Pacman is playing a character (even if he's just as himself).

Who really cares? At this point, WCNA doesn't need Hall or anybody else who was a name due to an angle (face it: Hall would be nothing without the nWo) to come in and run roughshod over the main event scene. The fans shit on it, the critics shit on it, but Jarrett has it firmly placed in his head that TNA needs over-the-hill guys to carry the main event...when two of his favorites are either in such bad shape they might have a heart attack in the ring (Nash) or will likely show up hammered and put on a 20-minute shitfest (Hall).

Also, the mentioning of Jarrett just reminded me. STOP. BLAMING. VINCE. RUSSO. Really, fucking stop it. Every report that has come out regarding the booking committee has all but flat-out stated that Dutch Mantel and Jeff Jarrett are the ones that are responsible for the horrible TV. Russo's no saint, but he's not this bad. He at least pushes NEW talent, not the same old guys over and over again. Also, remember this: TNA's worst period thus far has been late '03 (right after the first Ultimate X) into early '05 (when Daniels/Styles was going full-speed). Who was the head booker? DUTCH MANTEL. Russo isn't even THIS bad.

To answer the question above on whether Hall is returning full-time. Hall has been working hard on his comeback in Puerto Rico, and said he wants to go to Japan before deciding on making a comeback to the states. Maybe he skipped a step.

Who really cares? At this point, WCNA doesn't need Hall or anybody else who was a name due to an angle (face it: Hall would be nothing without the nWo) to come in and run roughshod over the main event scene. The fans shit on it, the critics shit on it, but Jarrett has it firmly placed in his head that TNA needs over-the-hill guys to carry the main event...when two of his favorites are either in such bad shape they might have a heart attack in the ring (Nash) or will likely show up hammered and put on a 20-minute shitfest (Hall).

How is Nash is that bad of shape? He looked pretty fit when he attacked Angle the other week on Impact.

How is Nash is that bad of shape? He looked pretty fit when he attacked Angle the other week on Impact.

You can tell his knees are still a major issue with him everytime he walks. He's far from mobile - was he ever though? But I would be one to think he's worse than ever these days.

You can tell his knees are still a major issue with him everytime he walks. He's far from mobile - was he ever though? But I would be one to think he's worse than ever these days.

He had some bursts of speed back in the day. The opening of the WMXI main event he is almost scary fast for that first little bit during the rope running sequence. I don't think I'd ever seen him move that fast, even if it was for only a short time.

Probably won't happen, but what if Sting's partner on Sunday isn't Booker T like everyone thinks. What if it really was Jericho. Jericho was a WCW champion while he was in WWE. That wold be a slap in the face to Vince and WWE. I don't think it is him, but it would be interesting if it was.

Is it just me, or is anyone else looking forward to Genesis? I just think it has some intriguing matches, and not only that, but fresh matches too. Which means we'll be seeing them an awful lot over the next year.

Oh, and if anyone cares, Karen Angle has some photos up on the Knockouts section on TNAwrestling.com.

To be honest I'd be more interested in the main event if it was Sid, Goldberg, or just about anyone other then Booker T. I just think videos building up the debut of Booker T would have been better off for someone like him.

I'm just not all that interested in Booker T. He's incredibly robotic in the ring, and if he's not going to be "King Booker" he's basically the same stale character we've been seeing since the WCW days.

I hope he does something similar to the King gimmick. I mean there are a few different name possibilities.

The King

Prince Booker

The Royal Booker T

Bad knees do not equal heart attacks, though, which is really what I was asking about.

I was actually going to say Emperor Booker, but it sounds like something WCW would have done in 2000 or the early 90s.

He could be King Kole and bring back his Ebony Experience tag name.

99% certain he can't use any form of a King/royalty gimmick, as it would be too similar to King Booker, which would be WWE intellectual property (unless they didn't actually trademark it, given that the "King" moniker/gimmick in wrestling has been done for ages). It's likely one of those situations where a similar gimmick would result in legal action, like how if Undertaker were to leave WWE ever, he couldn't use any "undead" characteristics.

He'll likely just be Booker T., but Booker himself said that the King gimmick was fun for him, so he's probably worked on something to give him a bit of an edge for the debut. I also foresee a Sharmell/Karen catfight, which'll probably give us a mixed tag on the ensuing PPV or TV.

Guest Joseph2112
What are the odds on Booker T and Sharmell showing dissension within the first month?

How about "First Segment"?

Apparently the viral campaign's reached TNA.

There was evidently a subliminal address that went across the screen on TNA's youtube video of Impact for the Nash/Hall/Angle segment at the end. The address was "moc.a70n11t11.www\\:ptth".

Reversing the link, it turns out to be <a href="http://www.11t11n07a.com" target="_blank">http://www.11t11n07a.com</a>

There's a jigsaw puzzle one puts together at that link, which eventually reveals this image:

stingjigsawwj4.jpg

For those who look closely, the words Genesis, November, Borden, and Huffman are written.

TNA obviously stuck in the the youtube video, hoping to get some attention.