TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Really? Because I'm fully expecting him to win again, this time as a face, for the feel good story after the heel reign of Christian.

I certainly hope not - Christian/Jarrett with the roles reversed sounds even worst than the previous feud last year. They have to realize it won't draw and just turn the viewers off more, although nothing surprises me with this company lately. If they go that route immediately upon Jarrett's return, I've about had it. Jarrett as a face given credence to another world title run would have to be some impossible length of time I'm sure TNA will never allow, but I'd say keep Jarrett in the upper card for a good two year run as a PROVEN face before a thought is even considered to have him on top again. With all of the negatives the company is suffering right now, that would be the nail in the coffin for my TNA viewing habits if they rushed Jarrett back anywhere NEAR the title. Guys like Angle or Joe should certainly be the next in line, unless Jarrett (total speculation here) is playing politics and changed what I thought was a given with Samoa Joe winning at the ppv for his own agenda to winning it himself in a few months (maybe even May ppv). Let's hope not.

The only really good start to bringing Jarrett back, as I mentioned, would be to be one of the guys in the King of the Mountain match in June. But not winning the match. Dare I say he should be the fall guy to make a point of what's right "for business." Nashville (if they have the June ppv there) will probably give him a nice pop from the live fans (that is the only place other than a few others around that area where I could confidently say that) and if he did the job too (say that Joe or Angle win this match) he'll likely garner at least a bit of respect from the more "smart" TNA fans - IE Orlando crew. But from there, I'd suggest JJ almost should pay some dues to gain such respect for a solid amount of time coming back in (they need top faces to put over more heels anyway, why not), as there is really not going to be any other option otherwise as creatively they won't be able to draw sympathy for him for shit. Jarrett is a case where there is/was legitimate heat/hatred in a sense where a significant part of the fanbase obviously knows he's the backbone of the company. Blame, by nature, falls on him and unless he's coming back to actually build the product and not continue to self-contain it, the fans will do nothing but shit on it. Like I said before, a face who almost has to "prove himself" for a good while is the only answer for his return, to be taken positively at least.

I'm stunned that anyone would still have faith in TNA to do anything approaching the right thing for business. I fully expect Jarrett to be the babyface to finally dethrone Christian. He might not get on the first try, because he'll went to keep the program going for as long as possible, but come the blowoff Jarrett will hit the Stroke and get his toy back.

It's times like this where I wonder if we as the fans don't have the power to effect change in wrestling promotions. After all, we're their customers. I just am not sure how it would be feasible.

It's times like this where I wonder if we as the fans don't have the power to effect change in wrestling promotions. After all, we're their customers. I just am not sure how it would be feasible.

It's maddening, because WCW was stubborn to the point of going out of business, and I think TNA's headed in the same direction. It's not even like you need to have a business mind to do something as simple as give the customers a product they like, you just need to be 1. not retarded and 2. not horribly egocentric. The problem with wrestling is it's chockful of the latter -- people who think the world revolves around them and what they want.

TNA sounds like they employ class people.........

Fan Invovled In Fight Explains His Story & Demands Apology

Report by TNA Wrestling News Staff on 03/15/2007 at 01:43 PM

Here is an email from a fan who claims to be invovled in the fight at Destination X.

TNAWrestlingNews.com fan [email protected] sent this along:

Setting the record straight about the so-called "Redneck fight" at Destination X. I am posting this in response to the main page story about the so-named "redneck fight" at the PPV. I was involved in the "fight" and allow me to set the record straight. Yes, there was a drunken redneck man, and he was the instigator. However the woman he was threatening and shoving was my mother, we are not rednecks and we have never seen that plastered mullet-rocker before in our lives. His actual wife was sitting in between the man and my mother.

I was standing several rows up from them at the time, and the whole thing started because this drunken {censored} was yelling and threatening his wife, and my mom spoke up and asked him to stop. He and his actual son, who is again not me by the way, started hurling obsceneties at my mom, and threatening her with violence. This is the point where I came down, to protect my mother, again no punches or kicks of any kind were thrown, so how anyone can call it a "fight" is beyond me. I came down, and yelled at the smashed bastard to leave my mother alone, like I'm sure anyone else on this forum would. Btw, I was carrying a mountain dew not a sprite, and had no intention of doing anything other than drinking it. The only reason I had it with me is because I didn't want someone to knock it over while I was gone.

In addition Sabin seemed to assume I was at fault, and started throwing everyone curse word in the book at me, all I did it retaliation was flip him off, and say f*** YOU. I'm pretty sure that doesn't constitute an attack. Then, before I had any clue what was happening, I was attacked by about 5 guys, from behind I might add, which included Don Harris, other members of TNA security, and those friendly public servants the OPD. I was given absolutely no warning, and never even got to explain what happened to anyone before I was attacked. Keep in mind Don Harris alone is almost twice my size and he swung me around like a ragdoll, and both applied a chokehold, and bent my arms so far behind my back, I literally was afraid they were going to snap.

After I got outside, I was smashed face first into the ground by the police, had knees placed in my spinal column, and was hauled off to jail. Keep in mind, I have absolutely no criminal record, and never even got in trouble at school. Now I have a set of bogus charges against me, and a night of physical abuse, and humiliation (both by TNA security and the police) I will remember forever. I now have a big yellow and purple bruise on my inner arm, bloody skinned and bruised knees, and my circulation was cut off for so long by the hand cuffs one of my fingers is STILL numb.

In conclusion, TNA has lost me as a fan for life, how several TNA employees could sit there and watch and I was manhandled by security and the police, and was berated by Chris Sabin (real professional behavior Chris), boggles my mind. In addition to all this, me and my mom were in the cop car handcuffed, and Bubba Ray Dudley (who almost fell in my lap during the street fight, and I have been a big fan of for years. comes up to the car and points and laughs, and mocks us with the 3D symbol. Brother Ray, you sir are an irrefutable {censored}. And THAT is what really happened. If this is the way TNA treats it's diehard FANS, I'd hate to see how it treats it''s enemies.

To put the last bit of icing on the cake, my mother and I have been banned from Universal Studios property, which means both parks, Wet and Wild, and Citywalk for LIFE as a result of this. My family up until recently were habitual park goers, and even owned annual passes for our entire family. Not to mention the court date I now have coming up. I really feel like I got railroaded, for commiting absolutely no crime. The american justice system sucks, and Don Harris is a excessive force using bastard.

I also feel I am owed a personal apology from TNA security, Don Harris, Chris Sabin, Bubba Ray Dudley, and the OPD, for my horrible treatment.

I haven't seen the match or the MATCH - so I can't really comment on this...

Can anyone confirm this?

- Glenn -

The fight was off camera pretty much on the ppv, other than the crowd looking over near the area it was happening and a TNA chant after Harris roughed up the guy, that was about it.

If this is the way TNA treats it's diehard FANS, I'd hate to see how it treats it''s enemies.

They get Road Dogg and Billy Gunn to dress up as them and make fun of them for 15 minutes on impact.

BREAKING NEWS: Jeff Jarrett winning another King of the Ring match will never ever and I mean ever get a face reaction.

omg Jarrett to WWE????????? :huh:

King%20of%20the%20Hill%20Season%205%20DVD%20jpg%20300.jpg

Uh you know what I mean, heh. King of the Ring, King of the Hill, King of the Mountain its all part of Planet Jarret, heh, I tell you what.

I give Bubba a free pass, due to his only knowledge of the incident being whatever was fed to him (and according to this guy it would've been total bullshit). Bonus points for taunting somebody that got ejected.

If it's false...well, I can't exactly blame him, I'd be pissed too if I did something stupid and then got tossed & banned for life from somewhere like Universal. If it's true, though, holy shit.

I can't see how you could make that money back, unless you're a company like ROH where you'll get a loyal 1,000-1,500 strong. Guess it'd have to be off the strength of DVD sales but I'm doubting NEW is working off that concept.

Yeah, I don't see the logic of bringing Kurt Angle in for that kind of money if you're not one of the "name" indy promotions.

Found this at wrestleview.com and found it very funny.

On a related note, Abyss has been described as being highly insecure by most wrestlers in TNA. He is said to be notorious for following Dutch Mantel around before, during and after TNA events. Says one TNA wrestler quote, "Wherever Dutch goes, Abyss follows." One story that has been going around for quite some time is that the "paranoid" Eric Young character is actually based on Abyss' personality backstage as he was said to be very paranoid early on in his run with TNA and was spotted constantly asking if he was going to be fired.

DON'T FIRE ABYSS!

...Yeah, i dont think that would have caught on.

Who thought "Don't fire Eric" would?

As much as I like EY (he, Petey and D'Amore were the reasons I LOVED Team Canada), I really am amazed that this gimmic is over ass much as it is. I guess that says a lot about the guy?

TNA has officially announced Slammiversary being in Nashville this year, though they didn't say which venue yet. Here's the info they put on their website:

TNA WRESTLING RETURNS TO NASHVILLE FOR SLAMMIVERSARY

Music City Homecoming To Take Place Sunday, June 17

By Bill Banks

On June 17, 2007, TNA Wrestling will celebrate five years of Total Nonstop Action by bringing the huge “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View event back to Nashville, Tennessee, for the first time since 2004. It has been three years since Nashville fans turned out every Wednesday night to help make TNA the global success it is today!

“We will never forget our loyal fans in Nashville and all that they did for us in our early years,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “On a night where our company and its fans will celebrate a major milestone in TNA Wrestling history, what better place to hold Slammiversary than the city that embraced us as we launched the TNA brand. Everyone at TNA Wrestling has been looking forward to this very special homecoming. Expect big things on June 17.”

TNAwrestling.com will release further details in the coming weeks on the Slammiversary 2007 Pay-Per-View event in Nashville, Tennessee, including venue and ticket information and so much more!

TNA has officially announced Slammiversary being in Nashville this year, though they didn't say which venue yet. Here's the info they put on their website:

TNA WRESTLING RETURNS TO NASHVILLE FOR SLAMMIVERSARY

Music City Homecoming To Take Place Sunday, June 17

By Bill Banks

On June 17, 2007, TNA Wrestling will celebrate five years of Total Nonstop Action by bringing the huge “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View event back to Nashville, Tennessee, for the first time since 2004. It has been three years since Nashville fans turned out every Wednesday night to help make TNA the global success it is today!

“We will never forget our loyal fans in Nashville and all that they did for us in our early years,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “On a night where our company and its fans will celebrate a major milestone in TNA Wrestling history, what better place to hold Slammiversary than the city that embraced us as we launched the TNA brand. Everyone at TNA Wrestling has been looking forward to this very special homecoming. Expect big things on June 17.”

TNAwrestling.com will release further details in the coming weeks on the Slammiversary 2007 Pay-Per-View event in Nashville, Tennessee, including venue and ticket information and so much more!

Excellent news!!

From wrestleview.com:

TNA and SpikeTV continue to negotiate with each other about expanding TNA on the network, reports Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com. Such talks include expanding Impact and adding additional TNA programming on the network. Spike is interested in building its relationship with TNA, since its been the only show that has delivered consistency as far as ratings goes, to the network, since UFC made its debut.

Also coming from Mike Johnson, is that possibly two other broadcast carriers are interested in TNA as well. One of them is the syndicated, MyNetwork TV (which is what many of the former UPN stations now are). The other possible carrier is a major cable network, that has never aired pro wrestling.

We hope to provide you with further information as it becomes available.

This is actually good for TNA. They can use this as leverage to get a 2 hour show. I would be interested in what station is this "major cable network." MyNetwork TV might not be the best bet. The IFL only get about .7 right now since they aren't in some markets. I would say if the cable network isn't serious, TNA should stay with SPIKE only if they are given a 2 hour slot with time for specials. I like the pre PPV specials they have.

The only major cable network I can think of is FX, which has never aired wrestling. I only consider the major cable networks to be ESPN (has shown wrestling long time ago), MTV (wrestling twice), FX, Scifi (currently), ABCfamily (yeah..not that one), and maybe FUSE but that is highly doubtful as well.

Either way, I think Spike is a safer place for TNA. None of their shows, except UFC, really clean up in the ratings and MNTV is in the process of canceling most of their first year bombs. Plus they have that whole "Spike wants WWE dead" thing going, which is helpful as well.

Unless this mystery channel can offer them something pretty special it seems like it would be a no brainer to stay with Spike.

Spike has been pretty good to TNA thus far, why risk it else where?

That means nothing to me, I'm British. Is that good news/bad news?

Means nothing to me as well. WGN is a Chicago station and I live in NY.

Does anybody know anything of a Sting/Christopher Daniels Feud? I heard that there is a feud in the works. Wasn't Daniels suppose to feud with Sting in WCW,as a guidance figure to Vampiro.

I think a feud between the two would be cool

Yep. Daniels/Sting is indeed supposed to be Sting`s next program. They`ve already started teasing it with the latest stuff Daniels` been doing (wearing a Sting mask, beating people up with a baseball bat, etc.)