TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruiserKC

Did I Do The Right Thing

Those women probably saw your wife yelling at him and saw him crying, and just made some bad assumptions, but if your wife actually had hit him, in any public setting, it would be illegal and she could potentially be arrested.

As for our troll

Fuck you.

What if you spank the child for being bad, and they continue to be bad, and you hit them again, and again they continue to be bad, and no matter how many times you hit them, they continue to be bad, what do you do? You have to use a more intelligent approach to the situation.

Take your own advice and use a more intelligent approach to this discussion. Wait, you obviously have nothing else to say that trumps what I have already put out here as you can't do anything now but shoot four-letter words my way.

So make sure you cash your reality check today and use it to buy a clue, mmmmkay? :)

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
you obviously have nothing else to say that trumps what I have already put out here as you can't do anything now but shoot four-letter words my way.

I have replied to all your points, but it's impossible to get through to a child-spanking, deer-hunting, redneck, oldschool, thinks his cockass, cracka-ass "respect" is more imortant than his children's happiness, son of a bitch, asswipe.

So make sure you cash your reality check today and use it to buy a clue, mmmmkay?

That was so fucking lame. Make sure you stick your head up your ass and make-out with your taint, fuckass.

Wow. I'm not a parent, but I do have a firm place in the upbringing of my sister's daughter and her ex-boyfriend's son and daughter. Of the entire family? My baby niece loves me the most (considering she flips out whenever I have to leave to go to work or to a friend's house, more so than she did for my sister sometimes). And you know what? She's 3. If she ever threw a fit and I was watching her, I'd do exactly what Bruiser's wife did: grab her by the arm, no matter the setting, and scold her.

In the privacy of my own house if he continued throwing fits? Yeah, I'm guilty of just going "whatever" and letting her finish it. The key when it's a temper tantrum is to not give in...when in a private setting. If it's in public and it's a terrible tantrum? Grab the arm and scold. But damn, if my niece ever flips out and starts hitting me I'd spank her. Not so much to cause lasting pain beyond the few moments immediately after, but enough to let her know that it's not going to be tolerated.

My parents never hit me unless I actually deserved it. My dad's only hit me maybe three times in my whole life: once when I was 4, once when I was 7 or 8, and once when I was 13. The one when I was 4 was entirely wrong, and even my mom yelled at him for it (I tried to cast a fishing pole when he was changing the hook on it and I didn't know that the pole I was using was the hook he was changing, so he smacked offside the head). When I was 7 or 8, my dad smacked me offside the head because I told him he "fucking sucked," and that one was entirely justified. 13? Because I got suspended from school for a couple days for telling the principal he could go fuck himself.

Of course, then my dad laughed after he smacked me offside the head at the fact that I told my principal to go fuck himself, so it was more like a "well, I'm obligated to punish" than it was him actually wanting to hit me.

But did I fuck around with my father around? No. He put FEAR into me when I was young, and the few times I fucked up I deserved some punishment (save for when I was 2). He's only hit me a handful of times, if that, and it was always a smack offside the head, and that's why when I pissed him off I stopped fucking around.

So if you're going to sit here and tell me that punishing your kid via a smack offside the head, a slap across the face (when they're older, such as in their teens and can handle it), or a spanking doesn't work? Haha, eat shit. I'm still good friends with my dad. Hell, if it weren't for him, I never would have gotten into wrestling like I did 8 years ago because he took me to a WWF house show in late '97, and then an ECW show in '98 and another ECW show in '99. I wouldn't have the desire to do anything musically that I do, and now I'm in a band that's only been together for a month with two shows booked already. Him smacking me when I fucked up didn't hinder that.

A parent can be his/her child's best friend, but, in the end, they need to be a parent first. Calmly explaining to the child what they did wrong and why they're being punished works to a degree, but if the behavior continues and it's a last resort? Smack 'em offside the head. Half the fuck-up's I know that are in my age group most definitely would've benefitted from parents that actually gave a shit what their kid was going to grow into.

Basically, I was never beaten by my parents, and I get along with my father pretty damn good and still greatly dislike my mother. I fail to see how the correlation can be made from disciplining your offspring as opposed to just going "dude, that's not cool."

Wow. I'm not a parent, but I do have a firm place in the upbringing of my sister's daughter and her ex-boyfriend's son and daughter. Of the entire family? My baby niece loves me the most (considering she flips out whenever I have to leave to go to work or to a friend's house, more so than she did for my sister sometimes). And you know what? She's 3. If she ever threw a fit and I was watching her, I'd do exactly what Bruiser's wife did: grab her by the arm, no matter the setting, and scold her.

In the privacy of my own house if he continued throwing fits? Yeah, I'm guilty of just going "whatever" and letting her finish it. The key when it's a temper tantrum is to not give in...when in a private setting. If it's in public and it's a terrible tantrum? Grab the arm and scold. But damn, if my niece ever flips out and starts hitting me I'd spank her. Not so much to cause lasting pain beyond the few moments immediately after, but enough to let her know that it's not going to be tolerated.

My parents never hit me unless I actually deserved it. My dad's only hit me maybe three times in my whole life: once when I was 4, once when I was 7 or 8, and once when I was 13. The one when I was 4 was entirely wrong, and even my mom yelled at him for it (I tried to cast a fishing pole when he was changing the hook on it and I didn't know that the pole I was using was the hook he was changing, so he smacked offside the head). When I was 7 or 8, my dad smacked me offside the head because I told him he "fucking sucked," and that one was entirely justified. 13? Because I got suspended from school for a couple days for telling the principal he could go fuck himself.

Of course, then my dad laughed after he smacked me offside the head at the fact that I told my principal to go fuck himself, so it was more like a "well, I'm obligated to punish" than it was him actually wanting to hit me.

But did I fuck around with my father around? No. He put FEAR into me when I was young, and the few times I fucked up I deserved some punishment (save for when I was 2). He's only hit me a handful of times, if that, and it was always a smack offside the head, and that's why when I pissed him off I stopped fucking around.

So if you're going to sit here and tell me that punishing your kid via a smack offside the head, a slap across the face (when they're older, such as in their teens and can handle it), or a spanking doesn't work? Haha, eat shit. I'm still good friends with my dad. Hell, if it weren't for him, I never would have gotten into wrestling like I did 8 years ago because he took me to a WWF house show in late '97, and then an ECW show in '98 and another ECW show in '99. I wouldn't have the desire to do anything musically that I do, and now I'm in a band that's only been together for a month with two shows booked already. Him smacking me when I fucked up didn't hinder that.

A parent can be his/her child's best friend, but, in the end, they need to be a parent first. Calmly explaining to the child what they did wrong and why they're being punished works to a degree, but if the behavior continues and it's a last resort? Smack 'em offside the head. Half the fuck-up's I know that are in my age group most definitely would've benefitted from parents that actually gave a shit what their kid was going to grow into.

Basically, I was never beaten by my parents, and I get along with my father pretty damn good and still greatly dislike my mother. I fail to see how the correlation can be made from disciplining your offspring as opposed to just going "dude, that's not cool."

Couldn't have been said better.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

"Disciplining your child when he/she has overly misbehaved" = perfectly acceptable.

"Child abuse" = unacceptable.

Apparantly only this troll can't seem to make the distinction.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

"Disciplining your child when he/she has overly misbehaved" = perfectly acceptable.

"Child abuse" = unacceptable.

Apparantly only this troll can't seem to make the distinction.

Yep. Its entertaining to see how this troll has no idea how stupid he sounds though.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
But did I fuck around with my father around? No. He put FEAR into me when I was young

A child shouldn't live in fear.

If you can't control and raise your child without hitting her/him, then yeah, I guess you might think it's acceptable.

Couldn't have been said better.

You havn't said anything, dumbfuck. All you do is quote other people and agree, grow a set of balls and form your own opinion.

Spanking a child should only be the last option...but it sometimes becomes necessary to do it.  Call it oldschool but if I have to I will spank my child and not apologize for it.  So much of this PC BS about trying to be the child's friend...I am their father first.

I'm on your side BruiserKC, in my opinion, you did the right thing. And I also agree with that if parents disciplined their kids with a swift smack on the backside, things in this world wouldn't be so bad.

I see kids getting away with so much shit that it just scares me. I remember seeing one kid in K-Mart chuck an absolute tantrum cause he wanted some Pokemon toy and the parent caved in and speaking to the kid like he was royalty. If I had pulled that shit back when I was younger, my mother would have burst a blood vessel giving me a good hiding on the ass... She also broke a fair few wooden spoons on my ass as well.

I don't know what it's like in America, but here in Australia, the trend is starting to shift towards parents NOT spanking their kids on the ass. I think it's wrong as I've seen that when kids aren't disciplined, they'll start to think they can get away with anything.

I also need to mention that my family is Greek, and Greek women are completely nuts when it comes to discipline.

But did I fuck around with my father around? No. He put FEAR into me when I was young

A child shouldn't live in fear.

There's a difference between a child pouring paint onto a couch in fear of getting a spank on the ass like he did the last time he did it and a child living a fear to even leave the room because everytime he opens his mouth this father kicks the shit out of him.

Ones deserved punishment and setting up of boundries/the difference between right and wrong while the other is child abuse and sadistic.

Take a guess at which one we are talking about here.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
How can you not see the worth in listening to a useless troll talk rubbish?

Go fuck yourself.

I've raised my brother, and looked after kids of all ages, and I've never needed to hit them. I can control them and get them to do what I say, without ever spanking them. I guess I will just be a better parent, because I won't take the lazy, easy option.

And shut the fuck up, Deep Thought, you obviously have nothing to say.

How can you not see the worth in listening to a useless troll talk rubbish?

Go fuck yourself.

I've raised my brother, and looked after kids of all ages, and I've never needed to hit them. I can control them and get them to do what I say, without ever spanking them. I guess I will just be a better parent, because I won't take the lazy, easy option.

And shut the fuck up, Deep Thought, you obviously have nothing to say.

Speak for yourself you blabbering "mature" paren...err troll. You've had nothing to say for days now, repeat yourself some more, we want know more about some kid brother you've "raised"...err buddied up with. As if that is relevant to having a kid of your own. Troll.

I was brutally beaten as a child and turned out fine. Beat the hell out of your kids. It's funny. Tape it and win $10,000. They'll forgive you.

The research on spanking seems to indicate that, while it is good in producing short-term changes in behavior, it may have negative long-term developmental effects. I think that it's acceptable as long as it's not done with excessive force, is part of a "repertoire" of disciplinary methods and not the only method, and is not done out of anger (like CL's dad going "offside [his] head" for a fishing mishap).

The research on spanking seems to indicate that, while it is good in producing short-term changes in behavior, it may have negative long-term developmental effects.  I think that it's acceptable as long as it's not done with excessive force, is part of a "repertoire" of disciplinary methods and not the only method, and is not done out of anger (like CL's dad going "offside [his] head" for a fishing mishap).

You're all wrong, dammit!  You're so wrong!  Stop being so wrong you wrong being mother-wrong-fuckers

WRONG

WRONG WRONG

FUCK YOU!

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
The research on spanking seems to indicate that, while it is good in producing short-term changes in behavior, it may have negative long-term developmental effects.