Wrestlemania Anthology

Now availale for pre-order on wweshop.com

Leather set

W00114pi.jpg

Signed by Vince McMahon, 1,000 available Price: $279

Holographic Set

W00040pi.jpg

Not signed by Vince McMahon Price $195.97

WrestleMania. The mere mention of the word triggers an avalanche of powerful sports-entertainment memories – each occupying their own unique place in the annals of World Wrestling Entertainment. From the birth of the extravaganza on March 31, 1985 through the events 21st anniversary on April 3, 2005, dreams have been shattered and lifelong aspirations have been realized for only a select group of WWE Superstars who were fortunate enough to be granted a history-making opportunity. Now for the first time EVER, you can relive every single WrestleMania moment with the crispness of DVD footage by purchasing WrestleMania: The Legacy 1-21 Holographic Box Set! Experience the early days of Hulkamania, the evolution of “The Show Stopper” Shawn Michaels, The dominance of The Undertaker, The incomparable Austin 3;16 era, the electricity of “The People’s Champion” The Rock and the in-ring excellence of “The Game” Triple H all within one remarkable anthology. Never before have WrestleManias 1-14 been released on DVD, so grab them up with a special bonus disk included for past year’s WrestleMania 21, a historical photographs DVD and four Senitype collectible cards featuring a famous WrestleMania moment captured on a replica piece of film with Shawn Michaels, The Rock and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, The Undertaker and Triple H and also Hulk Hogan and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper! Embrace the spectacular WrestleMania legacy and bring this collection home today! 21 disc set. Approx 69 hrs. 1-14 have never been released on DVD before. This box set includes a Wrestlemania 21 bonus disc, historical DVD photo gallery and 4 collectible cards featuring a famous Wrestlemania moment captured on a replica piece of film. These items are only available in the box set.

I'm still not looking forawrd to this set. We STILL have no confirmation whether Jesse Venturas commentary will be intact, and it's basically a given that all references to WWF will be edited out. It's also rediculous that they're unwilling to to exert ANY effort in adding extras be it cliups of the build up to some of the matches, or even getting Vince and some of the legends they have under contract to come in and record commentary on the show / their matches. I'm perfectly happy with my VHS tapes, thanks.

Well, MY VHS tapes are starting to get unwatchable (some aren't THAT bad), so I pretty much have to get these if I want to watch any Wrestlemania stuff before 2000

Guest Gary Busey

Although I still haven't preordered it yet, I have to imagine that this will be it as far as major Wrestlemania DVD releases. They won't do a Special Edition Anthology, with a whole lot of extra stuff, and there is no way around the WWF being edited out. They may release the really important WM's (1, 3, 17, etc) as single release SE with more stuff on them in a few years, but I doubt it. Besides, they've never really put any worthwhile special features on their discs in the past.

I guess the only option if you don't want to upgrade to this would be to wait ~7 years for the eventual HD/Blu Ray discs.

Guest JesusJuiced

If Ventura is edited, there's always the Tagged Classic series in the UK. They're completely unedited and are region free.

Guest Lawlerm
If Ventura is edited, there's always the Tagged Classic series in the UK. They're completely unedited and are region free.

But they're PAL and will only play on a PAL TV or a computer monitor.

PAL is a lower frequency than NTSC so would most NTSC TVs not play it anyway?

But they're PAL and will only play on a PAL TV or a computer monitor.

Not if you have a DVD playerthat does PAL to NTSC, and most R1 DVD players do this, like my Philips DVP642. Only $50 people!

Just get a DVD player that's region-free. I've got a cheap Cyberhome DVD player that cost $40 and plays R2 DVDs. I've got one of the Tagged Classics DVDs, and if there's a difference, I really didn't see it. If Ventura's commentary isn't here, I'm out on this set. I can stand the WWF references not being there, but when half of the commentary from the first SIX Manias are missing, hell with that.

They've been released before with Jesse's commentary.

Thus, his commentary would remain.

That means nothing, they've been cutting him out of past WWE and WCW stuff that has been released before as well.

the wm 21 bonus disc is likely the hall of fame disc that wa sincluded in the orginal release.

and I assume jesses commentary is intact since the chapter listings (see other thread in this folder) mention him being introduced to the crowd for his posing at wm 4 and 5.

if not, well thats just asinine

an ad for the set is in the new sd magazine btw (november 05 with batista on cover)

They've been released before with Jesse's commentary.

Thus, his commentary would remain.

That means nothing, they've been cutting him out of past WWE and WCW stuff that has been released before as well.

I'd almost bet that Jesse's commentary will be there. If you'll notice, the only times that they cut Jesse's commentary are 1) when it's WCW stuff, and 2) when there's only one or maybe two matches on a DVD featuring his commentary. I'm sure the agreement states that he must be paid a flat fee/royalty each time his voice is used, so it's pointless to pay him for one match here and one match there. On stuff where his voice is a prominent feature and would completely detract from the DVD if edited, such as Hulk Still Rules, it's been there intact. I just can't imagine that WWE would release an expensive, humongous DVD set like the WrestleMania Anthology knowing that word would get around if Jesse's commentary is gone, completely diminishing sales and making it a worthless purchase. Plus, his introductions are included as chapters on the DVD's, so that should tell the tale right there . . .

The Tagged Classics are only re-releases of the original Coliseum Videos on DVD, and so the first 7 WrestleManias are heavily edited from the PPV broadcast (except WM4)

And the deal with Jesse's commentary is they can use it whenever they want (has nothing to do with it being released previously) they just have to pay him a certain amount of $$$ in royalty fees if they choose to use his voice (which they haven't done for some releases to save themselves some money)

There is no bad heat between WWE and Jesse, that's just the ruling that was made back 10 or 11 years ago and so why should Jesse bother try changing it when he can still make money for doing practically nothing? (And I guess it must be a considerable amount which is why they have edited him from most DVD releases over the past few years, and the ones he has been used on he must have recieved royalty fees for it)

Guest Askewniverse

The U.S. release is not going to be a 31-disc set.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?...ductId=35-00502

Side note: To avoid any confusion, there is a 31-Disc version of this box set available Internationally (it has the same exact content as this 21-disc set just more discs due to International replication standards).

This isn't good. 4-hour PPV on one disc = bad compression.

Guest Lawlerm

I'm not quite sure what they've done but I don't see how "International replication standards" can add 50% to the number of discs in the set.

Even accounting for different frame rates etc. it doesn't mean that amount of extra discs.

I'm still contemplating on whether to get the leather case since there are 'less than 100 left.' but for 279 dollars I dont know how good it will look with all the blurring/editing and stuff

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Good question. There better be a lot of DVD-18s in the 21-disc set or a lot of the longer shows are going to look awful.

Haven't the last four WrestleManias or so been dual-layered, double-disc releases?