TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 10/10/05

Guest *KNK*

They have an GREAT announcer in OVW. That announcer doesn't even work as an announcer in OVW.

You know who I am talking about.

Guest NitroJMS
It's stupid things like "firing J.R" when the following few weeks, he's on WWE.Com doing Raw.

Is that definitely going through? I know that was speculated when Goldberg was supposed to be coming in, but now that this is an angle I'd have to say that all bets are off.

Guest Coffey

If that wasn't a shitty Raw, I don't know what is. The damn highlight was the Triple H promo.

I want Linda.

[robotic monotone]Wow, that was a good maneuver. This person is really good in the ring. I'm so excited. I really am. Woo hoo. This is the best thing I've ever seen. Oh yes. This is what the WWE is all about. Woo hoo."[/robotic monotone]

Imagine the sex.

Or don't.

Guest MikeSC

I almost did. It'd be like hearing a woman who uses a computer to talk for her doing dirty talk.

[robotic monotone]Oh yeah, big daddy, make it hurt. Can you feel that? Ugh. You are so big. So big.[/robotic monotone]

So we'll have Vince saying "1-2-3 HEGOTHIMNOHEDIDN'T"

Linda with her usual charisma.

Stephanie's no doubt lovely color commentary voice.

And Shane shouting "boo-yah"

Oh well, still better than Mark Madden and Lee Marshall.

Guest Fook_Theta
They always do.

I'd love to see the Japanese guys call the matches on RAW. It would sound so much more exciting.

They could slip in insults all night and no one would know.

Supposely the guys that do either the AAA or EMLL broadcasts spend the entire lucha show talking about food and women.

Guest *KNK*

I was serious about what I said eariler. There's a man in OVW who is a better announcer then everyone else on the WWE umbrella and he's not even being used.

They always do.

I'd love to see the Japanese guys call the matches on RAW. It would sound so much more exciting.

They could slip in insults all night and no one would know.

I say one night just the hell of it. They should have some new announcers in the corner of the screen. Why? Because all the announcing is done in sign language. That should make for a fun RAW.

It'd be fun to see Dean Hill on Raw but he really just falls in the same "redneck southern announcer" category as JR so there's no way. Hell, I'd also enjoy seeing Kenny Bolin on Raw as a heel manager but such things are never meant to be.

To be honest I think they might just go with Coach and King for a while as a 2 man team. I dislike the 3 man booth anyway.

The main problem with this angle is that it's just that: an angle. Now they have made Ross into a sympathetic figure and thus he'll get an outpouring of support from the fans. It happened before when they tried Michael Cole as lead announcer and he sucked, and it is bound to happen again. It has to be someone who is either extremely credible to the fans as an announcer (Styles) or a guy like Foley or Jericho who is a well respected wrestler with mic skills. If it's just a Josh Matthews/Todd Grisham/Steve Romero pretty boy with no substance, the fans will shit all over it.

Guest *KNK*
It'd be fun to see Dean Hill on Raw but he really just falls in the same "redneck southern announcer" category as JR so there's no way.  Hell, I'd also enjoy seeing Kenny Bolin on Raw as a heel manager but such things are never meant to be.

Who the hell is Dean Hill? (yes i know who he is...). The one and only man for the job is obviously CM Punk.

I was serious about what I said eariler.  There's a man in OVW who is a better announcer then everyone else on the WWE umbrella and he's not even being used.

Kennedy?

..Kennedy.

I think this was my first OAO RAW thread. I was going to make the Homecoming thread last week, but I got beat to the punch.

Kind of like how I was going to make an Episode III thread, but Balck Lushus beat me there to.

:angry:

Wow that was an awful awful show. Where to start?

How much actual wrestling was there? A match involving Doink, then a Masters squash. And the women's wrestling was terrible as always. I don't understand why some people on here like Trish, she's awful. The finish was terrible and the entire match was just random nonsensical spots. I know wrestling requires some suspension of disbelief but I prefer my matches not to yell out "THIS IS OBVIOUSLY REALLY FAKE!" every 4 seconds. They either need some women who can wrestle or they should just put on bra and panties matches, because "real" matches are awful.

HHH's promo took forever, as did the firing at the end. The only good part of the show was Angle getting a clean win, instead of having Cena come back and beat 3 guys at the same time.

Worst Raw in months. Even worse than the show before homecoming.

RAW just came on here on the West Coast and I've got to admit, that Cena promo with all the contenders in the ring was pretty damn good - they need to let him do that more.

All right, who the FUCK thought starting the show with a Stephanie promo (and why the hell are so many attractive brunettes going blonde these days? First Jessica Alba, now her) and then ending the show with LINDA FUCKING MCMAHON turning heel was a good idea? And Stephanie must be a heavy smoker or something, because I watched the '01 RR last night and her voice sounded so much better back then.

Thank god for UFC Unleashed and the baseball game.