TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 10/10/05

Who's getting fired?

October 10, 2005

The WWE Homecoming last week on RAW did not go well for the McMahons, as a returning Stone Cold Steve Austin delivered Stunners to each member of the family. Backstage after being hit with the move, Mr. McMahon promised that somebody would be getting fired as a result. Who will be out of a job? Watch RAW Monday night to find out.

Triple H and Ric Flair have stood side by side for years. The 16-time World Champion Flair has even called Triple H the greatest professional wrestler of all time and his best friend. But Ric Flair has also called him the Cerebral Assassin more times than he can count, and the Cerebral Assassin took him out last week on RAW. After saving Triple H from being blasted with a sledgehammer at the hands of Chris Masters, Ric Flair had his skull bashed in with that very same sledgehammer. Triple H then beat Flair to a pulp, dragging him up the ramp and backstage until finally tossing him in a limo, asking him the question, “What were you thinking?” the whole time. No one can know for sure what Triple H meant by that question, but hopefully he will give everyone some answers Monday night on RAW.

Plus, after WWE Champion John Cena defeated RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff to retain the championship, SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long sent his SmackDown troops to the ring, “gangsta style”. During WWE Homecoming last week, Bischoff refused to allow Long’s SmackDown match to take place. Long retaliated by sending out his SmackDown Superstars to the ring to beat on Cena and Angle. Moments later, though, the RAW locker room emptied out to even the odds. What will be RAW’s response to SmackDown’s antics last week?

Don’t miss all this and more this week on RAW at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

I think it's pretty obvious JR's the favourite to get fired. "You like Austin, you're fired". Also, I fully expect the reasoning behind HHH's turn on Flair to be either completely nonsensical or involve Shawn Michaels. Or both. Probably both.

I think it's pretty obvious JR's the favourite to get fired. "You like Austin, you're fired". Also, I fully expect the reasoning behind HHH's turn on Flair to be either completely nonsensical or involve Shawn Michaels. Or both. Probably both.

JR has made it clear that he's been one of Austin's closest friends on camera...so naturally Vince will make him the target.

As for Triple H...the reason for the turn on Flair is three-fold. First, Flair failed to help the Game retain the title at WM and later regain it in two PPV rematches. So to the Game, Flair failed in the role he was assigned. Second, Triple H's twisted logic says that Flair is ungrateful for reviving him from the scrap heap. He sees Flair breaking away much like Orton and Batista did. Third, the fact that Flair even dared to join a so-called alliance with HBK (now HHH's sworn enemy) is unforgivable in his eyes.

Guest Coffey

When did Ric Flair ever call Triple H the "greatest wrestler of all-time?" I heard him call him the "best wrestler alive today" but there's a big difference.

Guest Fishyswa

It's gonna be great to have Raw open with a 15 minute HHH promo again. Man how I missed that.

Good thing there's nothing more important to watch....

I thought the booking last week was leading to Bischoff getting fired. Bischoff told Vince off, Vince got embarassed by Austin and said someone was going to get fired, then Bischoff came out and said he didn't have to listen to Vince and that he ran the show (cancelled the Smackdown match that Vince wanted to happen and changed the Title match to no-DQ against Vince's wishes).

Logically, Bischoff would get the axe. However, we have the upcoming Smackdown vs. Raw at Survivor Series (which will probably promote the S vs. R game!), and Bischoff is really needed for that. You couldn't really insert someone new in and have him take right up with the Smackdown feud (unless it was Heyman.

Also, Bischoff is a heel, and Vince just turned back heel. He is most likely wanting to fire a face, and we all heard the JR reports. Now that they don't have a replacement set in stone, you would think that JR would be safe for a couple months.

I will still predict Bischoff, but it will most likely be JR and they will have Coach and Lawler do Raw until they find a replacement.

I'm starting to think that it's going to be Bishoff and not JR. All they would have to do is have Vince come out, call Bishoff out, and say that he's fired because he is the GM and he couldn't keep control of his own show, which is the reason Austin was able to get to all of the McMahons. Vince could say that he has more important things to deal with other than RAW, which is why he brougt GMs to each show in the first place, and he needs guys who can keep control of the guys like Austin, Cena, etc...

That makes perfect sense to me.

If they change plans at the last minute because Goldberg pulled out, I bet that's what they do.

While Raw should be pretty hot after the Homecoming show, it does have some stiff competition from the legit sports world as you've got a very good MNF game of the Steelers vs Chargers and a deciding Game 5 ALDS with the Yankees vs Angels. Will be interesting to see how those two games will effect ratings.

Guest I miss Test.

Yankees Game 5 + Chargers in powder blues = Raw less than 3.0. Or, better be.

Guest Fook_Theta
Yankees Game 5 + Chargers in powder blues = Raw less than 3.0.  Or, better be.

You do realize most wrestling viewers don't translate into sports watchers. There are only a couple of things that drop the viewership consistantly and most of those are end of tournaments and certain holidays. July 4th for example.

Because Raw is obviously the big leagues while SD is clearly the secondary show. Although the quality of SD has been better post Summerslam, it's the perception and how the shows are pushed that makes a big difference.

Guest Fook_Theta
How come RAW already got a thread on frigging Sunday and the SD! thread starts on Friday night even though SD! > RAW with wrestling lately.

There are a surpisingly large amount of people that don't get Smackdown or have better things to do on Friday.

Velocity threads used to be larger than Smackdown threads :D

Yankees Game 5 + Chargers in powder blues = Raw less than 3.0.  Or, better be.

not a problem here on the west coast, unless the baseball game lasts over 4 hours. I wonder how they count here since raw is shown at 9 here (tape delayed) when its 12 on the east.

what no matches announced? how am I gonna pick my fantasy team now?

I love the new WWE.com RAW stuff. I thought all of that was just a one shot thing for last weeks show, so I'm glad they are going to keep it up.

My God she is so hot...

13.jpg