TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
devo

If you could make changes to your character...

In an effort to get some conversation going here...

Is there something about your character that you wish you could change? After writing him/her for a lengthy period of time, do you find that some detail makes the character harder or less enjoyable to write? This goes for retirees too.

I wish I had established a history for ELM before I got started. I wrote numerous promos throughout my first run making vague mentions of Magnifico's past, but since I never settled on one set history, I ended up contradicting myself several times. And now it's hard to make up a history at this point, since I don't know with which revisionist timeline to go with.

That's about the only mistake I believe I've made with ELM, though. I corrected Magnifico's main flaw about a month after he debuted (not being able to speak English), and I firmly stand by my decision to make him maskless. :lol:

Guest BillFillmaff

If I could change one thing, it would be to copyright King-Jack not suited! Bill Fillmaff is tired of you idiots winning tournaments with my signature hand! I demand 15% of your winnings!

I wish I hadn't gone with the whole "mute" thing. You can only write "watching film" promos for so long, and it left me with more speed than I particularly care to have, and don't really use.

Time for some speech therapy promos, JJ.

There's a lot of things I've regretted, but as far as base character things go, I just wish at this point that with the power style I use, I had made Manson a few inches taller. There's a lot of things you can write or weasel your way out of, but sudden height gains isn't one of them.

If Kane can regain his voice and lose the voice box thingie... hmmmm

I've not used Blank enough to get tired off him or write repetitive matches (Well at least *I* don't think they're repetitive ;) )

yeah I made him slow and with less stamina than an asmatic ant carrying a steamer trunk but he's got to have some weaknesses (other weaknesses includ Wham songs, showers and people who use the word "Schadenfreude" in polite conversation)

Ask me in 2 months and I may change my mind and want to whip Bruce into shape as a 5'8'' 198 pound Mexican luchador - but not yet ;)

In order to change my character i'd probably have to actually establish a character of some sort first. 3+ years i've been around and Stryke is still just 'some guy'. Of course most of my character ideas are so horrible i'm glad i've been too busy no-showing to put any of them into action.

I can never seem to make up my mind whether Hawke's a heel because he tries to hurt people or because he's better than everybody else and he knows it.

I've settled it by saying the answer is "both".

You wouldn't really know Maddix was Spanish half the time. Probably that.

You mean that since he's half-Spanish, 12 hours of every day he's Spanish? That'd be an interesting gimmick. In the middle of a match, and all of a sudden, he changes nationalities.

As for myself, I wish that I didn't suck so badly in the early days. Or something.

Also, I'm already thinking that I should find a nickname for Jimmy, as I've got about four options to use when referring to him: Jimmy, Jimmy the Doom, Doom, and the Doomtopian. But, meh.

I'm sure there are tons of other things that I regret, but I can't remember them right now. Well, aside from joining up with Messiah/Damien Diablo that one time. That was stupid.

You mean that since he's half-Spanish, 12 hours of every day he's Spanish? That'd be an interesting gimmick. In the middle of a match, and all of a sudden, he changes nationalities.

That'd be fantastic. I'd need some sort of amusing, Transformers sort of 'morphing' sequence though.

Also, I'm already thinking that I should find a nickname for Jimmy, as I've got about four options to use when referring to him:  Jimmy, Jimmy the Doom, Doom, and the Doomtopian.  But, meh.

The Doomeister?

That Doom Guy?

Snoop Doomy Doom?

That'd be fantastic. I'd need some sort of amusing, Transformers sort of 'morphing' sequence though.

Just pull a mask from from behind your back, cue some horribly catchy transformation music, and put it on while inexplicably speaking Spanish.

There you go - unmasked you're Landon Maddix

but with the mask on you are

*Spanish Guitar riff*

La Cucaracha~!

item_mask_pro_mosco_1.jpg

a split etnincity disorder gimmick... much less commong than a split personality disorder gimmick

but still very entertaining *thumbs up*

Snoop Doomy Doom = $$$

Landon with a Split Ethnicity Disorder gimmick = $$$

I don't think there's anything I wish I'd changed about Toxxic. I mean sure, him not being able to stand losing became a pain after a while, but it gave him a bit of character... as for TORU, the only thing I regret is that I didn't suggest to Card that we DIDN'T have our own entrance music. I mean, as the first truly dedicated tag team to debut in the SWF we don't really need any music except what we have as a team. On the other hand, at least all three themes have a sort of industrial feel to them, so they work.