TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

South Park Season 9 / Drawn Together

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

203_sp_boys_w_ball_m4.gif

Wed 10p/9c

A global warming state of emergency is declared in South Park when the world's largest beaver dam breaks and floods the adjacent town of Beaverton. Who is to blame? Only Stan and Cartman know who's really at fault.

Hell yes. It's back.

Wed 10p/9c

A global warming state of emergency is declared in South Park when the world's largest beaver dam breaks and floods the adjacent town of Beaverton. Who is to blame? Only Stan and Cartman know who's really at fault.

Hell yes. It's back.

Given Parker and Stone have become out and out Bush apologists with their creative output in recent years, I can't wait to see how they decide to defend the bastard's fuck-up regarding Hurricane Katrina. More "blame the hippies as murderous monsters"? Or will there be "Blaming the victims of Katrina for the hurricane" as the theme of the episode?

Wed 10p/9c

Hell yes. It's back.

Given Parker and Stone have become out and out Bush apologists with their creative output in recent years

:blink:

Wed 10p/9c

Hell yes. It's back.

Given Parker and Stone have become out and out Bush apologists with their creative output in recent years,

Uh did you not see the one with the whole 'persistave vegetative state' thing last season? Golden PSP ring a bell?

Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche?

Judging by the title I was expecting them to parody the DAT movie finally like they originally intended, but guess that would be too easy and too late.

Can we keep South Park ONE thread instead of one for every episode?

Yes.

After tomorrow night's episode, I'll just change the title of this thread into an OAO thread. I doubt it'll reach Buffy levels though.

Guest JMA
Man, Trey and Matt really hate global warming. Oh well, I'm glad to see South Park back.

No, they hate the people who think global warming is the cause of every geological problem on earth.

I'm pretty sure they hate the concept of global warming as well. Not that it really matters in the long run.

Guest JMA
Yeah, the ozone's not gonna do much against a supernova

Actually, the Sun doesn't have enough mass to go supernova. It'll just turn into a red giant in a few billion years and probably finish Earth off that way. Then again, we'll probably freeze to death first.

Nothing will survive after "heat death" anyway.

Yeah, the ozone's not gonna do much against a supernova

Actually, the Sun doesn't have enough mass to go supernova. It'll just turn into a red giant in a few billion years and probably finish Earth off that way. Then again, we'll probably freeze to death first.

Nothing will survive after "heat death" anyway.

Please, 'Heat Death' of the universe? We all know that's fear-mongering by the damn environmentalists. The increse in universal entropy is a natural fluctuating process that can never cause anybody any harm. And if you disagree, well then you must be a COMMUNIST!

Man, Trey and Matt really hate global warming. Oh well, I'm glad to see South Park back.

No, they hate the people who think global warming is the cause of every geological problem on earth.

I'm pretty sure they hate the concept of global warming as well. Not that it really matters in the long run.

"Global warming is real. It's the Republicans fault."

As the theory goes, ozone has little to do with global warming. Supposedly the abundance of CO^2 is what's causing global warming. Thinning ozone is supposedly linked to more cancer cases.

Guest JMA

"Global warming is real. It's the Republicans fault."

That episode was pretty funny.

Decently funny episode that only served to further prove that Randy Marsh is God.

Kyle's dad: Maybe we should take our jackets off and huddle together for warmth.

Randy: Ok, don't be gay.

And the end (from the Jew gold to the final credits) was pretty funny.

Great season premier. I hope thats not the last Crab people reference on the show. Also, I'll be screaming out "We didn't listen!" the next time I hear someone talk about Global Warming.

As for "Drawn Together", I've come to the conclusion that the writers have a thing for making jokes about famous Japaneser perversions. First, someone said "Bukkake" on the show last season, and this season, it's soiled panty vending machines. Also loved Scorpion's (from Mortal Kombat) cameo.

Randy Marsh is God.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Randy guy needs his own episode.

I thought it could have been better. i laughed a couple times but i was really expecting it to be one of the best ever. There's so much material they could have used.

Too much Day after tomorrow spoof, they should have kept that and global warming for a different episode.

Edit: Btw, that wasn't a season premiere. We're still in the middle of season 9.

Guest fanofcoils

This was a terrible episode and it made me lose my interest immediately in the beginning and I never got it back. Not good. I wonder if Stalepark will ever change. It seems South Park is going on forever and will never end.

"Global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow!"

"Oh my God...that's TODAY!"

That exchange alone made the episode worthwhile. Overall, not bad, particularly the Jew Gold bit and when they were recreating scenes from Day After Tomorrow with incredible detail.