TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Nightmare on Elm Street DVD set, $37.99 at Target

the current problem in my household is that my wife won't let me watch these movies because my 3 year old is always around...I can't watch on the upstairs TV because, obviously, she'll be up there most of the time...I can't watch on the downstairs TV because she always wants to go in the basement when dad goes down there...as much as I would love to own this collection at such a sweet price, all it would do is collect dust and that saddens me...

Which one was in 3D, the Dream Master? Or is there no 3D NOES?

IIRC, it was Freddy´s dead: Final nightmare.

Freddy's Dead had a 15-minute sequence at the end in 3D. The 8th disc, the Nightmare Encyclopedia, is very interesting, and comprehensive. You navigate this HUGE interactive maze, and find different interviews, behind the scenes clips, and music videos from the films. To give you an idea of how large the maze is, heres a link to the map - http://www.cheatcc.com/dvd/sg/nightmare_se...ncyclopedia.gif

I've had this set for about 4 years, and have watched the holy hell out of it. My cases are really starting to show a lot of wear.

I was doing some shopping yesterday and saw that while Target sells this for $37.99 brand new (which is a steal compared to the $125+ I saw it retailed for when it was first released, and close to what I paid for it), good ole Gamestop still sells this USED for $49.99. In short, this box set is worth every single penny of that $37.99. I highly recommend this to everyone.

the current problem in my household is that my wife won't let me watch these movies because my 3 year old is always around...I can't watch on the upstairs TV because, obviously, she'll be up there most of the time...I can't watch on the downstairs TV because she always wants to go in the basement when dad goes down there...as much as I would love to own this collection at such a sweet price, all it would do is collect dust and that saddens me...

Your kid doesn't have a bedtime? ;)

Your kid doesn't have a bedtime? ;)

LOL oh she has a bedtime, ENFORCING it, at this age, is the issue....by the time I finally get her down, I'M ready for bed!

Guest Evolution

At my local Target, we have had only one box of the set on the shelves for a couple of days now, but no one's buying it because it has a small slash across the spines of the DVDs themselves, without puncturing the actual case at all, it just makes it look like Freddy himself took a cut out of it. Can't blame them for not buying it, but they won't let me defect it. I guess they assume SOMEONE'S going to not mind it.

I remember paying over $100 for this box set well over 5 years ago. Amazing on that the price has dropped down that far.

LOL oh she has a bedtime, ENFORCING it, at this age, is the issue....by the time I finally get her down, I'M ready for bed!

Bah, let the little bastards see the movie. Then they'll have nightmares and whenever you turn it on they'll run away.

And people think I shouldn't have kids ... Pft...

BTW: Are you going to pull a Rant on me and get all pissed off because I said something about your crumbsnatchers?... :P

Bah, let the little bastards see the movie. Then they'll have nightmares and whenever you turn it on they'll run away.

And people think I shouldn't have kids ... Pft...

BTW: Are you going to pull a Rant on me and get all pissed off because I said something about your crumbsnatchers?... :P

you already know I hate your guts....why would I say anything? ;)

P.S. i don't hate your guts...

P.P.S okay maybe a LITTLE! :P