TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

World Series-Astros vs White Sox

Just wondering but has anyone ever gone through all the rounds of the playoffs without a loss (since the Wild Card I mean)? The White Sox came within 1 game of being perfect in the postseason and that was a one run loss to the Angels. Just an amazing run considering some people thought they might choke and not even make the playoffs.

Since the advent of divisional play in 1969, only the 1976 Reds (7-0) have swept the postseason, and they only had two rounds then.

How many of you have seen your team win it all?

Me, but I wish I had been old enough to appreciate it, though. You don't really understand the impact and how tough it is to win it all when you're 9 and 10.

Me, but I wish I had been old enough to appreciate it, though. You don't really understand the impact and how tough it is to win it all when you're 9 and 10.

Amen to that.

It's going to be *really* sweet this time around when the Braves win it.

76ers won their championship a month before I was born. I've had to deal with the 1993 Series, the sweep of the Flyers in 1997, the Flyers blowing a 3-1 lead to NJ in 2000; had they won they've got a great chance at the Cup, the Sixers being Laker fodder in 2001, along with the Eagles losing big games from 2001-2004.

I would trade the Lakers 3-peat and USC's 2 titles to see the Dodgers win it all.

::checks King's profile::

They won when you were one, don't be greedy!

It's going to be *really* sweet this time around when the Braves win it.

Yea, don't hold your breath. Even though I was 10, I just remember knowing what I was witnessing was possibly a once in a lifetime event. I still have my copy of the AJC from the day after.

I've witnessed the Nets gag it in the finals twice, the Canucks break my heart every year and the Saints win one playoff game.

The Leafs have only been close a few times, never enough to really get my hopes up.

I'm resigned to the fact that the Dodgers will never win a World Series with McCourt as the owner. I'd love to see the Kings win the Cup, the talent is in place as long as they can stay healthy.

I'm loving life right now.... what a night. I have cold chills. John Rooney actually gave a small goodbye speech that was really amazing. As much as Hawk is scorned, John Rooney is beloved and its a shame local radio has shunned him so.

I remember the 92 & 93 World Series like they were yesterday.

The oldest WS I can remember watching is Royals/Cards. I first started getting interested in MLB during Toronto's divisional run that year.

The first WS I can remember was Phillies/Blue Jays, first NBA finals I can remember was Suns/Bulls and first Super Bowl I can remember was 49ers/Chargers.

Wild Card not winning the World Series good: Good.

Joe Morgan likely popping a boner over "smartball" winning the World Series: So very bad.