TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

I think Britney did a great job. Then again, playing a crazy person really isn't that much of a stretch.

Also, great Sarah Chalke sighting. Now, if this was a couple of years ago, a scene with Sarah Chalke and Britney Spears would have been fuckin awesome. Now it's just awesome.

Am I the only one that noticed Chalke said as the doctor "the only party I went to was St. Patrick's Day, but I left early", potentially in reference to being the mother at the club the previous week?

Am I the only one that noticed Chalke said as the doctor "the only party I went to was St. Patrick's Day, but I left early", potentially in reference to being the mother at the club the previous week?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. But, SagetTed also told the kids her name, which would make me think she WASN'T the mother, because the kids would know it's their mother once the right name comes up.

I think Britney did a great job. Then again, playing a crazy person really isn't that much of a stretch.

Also, great Sarah Chalke sighting. Now, if this was a couple of years ago, a scene with Sarah Chalke and Britney Spears would have been fuckin awesome. Now it's just awesome.

I thought Britney would suck but that scene with Ted holding the flowers and her chasing after him was hilarious.

Britney Spears made her guest appearance as a "love-struck receptionist" on How I Met Your Mother last night, and once again, some (her fans) are hailing it as her triumphant return. That might be true, except for the fact that this bitch is crazy. MSNBC reports:

A source close to Spears said that the role was very carefully chosen, and if the production hadn't agreed to be sensitive toward Spears and avoid "trigger" topics, the Spears camp would have backed out..."The folks on set knew that they weren't to bring up her music career, for example," said the source. "And they weren't supposed to start conversations about her kids. That said, they just wanted her to be treated normally, but obviously this wasn't a normal situation."

So basically, everybody on set had to pretend Britney Spears was 1999 Britney Spears and that everything that they heard and read about her every day happened in some sort of alternate reality where Britney Spears wasn't perfect in every possible way. It was two fun-filled days of people pandering to this idiot and trying to avoid topics that would upset or offend Britney. Like her kids and her career. And 100 calorie packs.

On top of all that, when Britney signed on Alicia Silverstone pulled out of the role that went to Chalke because she knew it would be a circus on set. At least they got a more than adequate replacement, but still, it's Alicia.

On top of all that, when Britney signed on Alicia Silverstone pulled out of the role that went to Chalke because she knew it would be a circus on set. At least they got a more than adequate replacement, but still, it's Alicia.

Alicia Silverstone would have fit in perfectly with the "Used to be insanely hot" pair.

What is this cliffhanger bullshit!? In HIMYM? How very, very cruel of them.

But it was still an awesome episode. One could assume from the hair, and from the hype regarding the last episode, and the potential of Chalke being the mother, that it's her. (Was going to say that if she did sleep with him though, that'd be kind of weird if she was the mother..but then I remember she maybe hating on him for sleeping with 'Britney'. )

Although I still think the mom is the lady Ted bumped into at the party.

.....I'm awesome.

Doogie used to write journal entries on his computer at the end of every episode. Same music, same "thinking and realizing" look.

I just watched the episode whilst I was supposed to be writing an essay for uni. I'd made a deal with my housemate that we'd both work on uni stuff today and watch Raw together tonight, I gave the game away though by laughing too hard at the 'She slept with Barney and Larney' line. Good episode, the March Maddness and Doogie Howser stuff went over my head though being British.

Some details I happened to read (mostly by accident when I wanted to see if anyone put the Doogie Howser reference on the wikipedia page for The Bracket):

I guess there's an audio file on that Ted Mosby webpage that has a hidden message about Wendy the Waitress being the mother (followed by "just kidding she's not").

Sarah Chalke's character is in the next episode, so it's likely she is Barney's mystery woman.

Robin Sparkles is back in the episode after next.

What's the reason behind there not being a new episode last week?

Also, this weeks one whilst not great did have some good bits. The Ninja repot, all different things the guys were brining into Ted's new car, Marshall crying and everyones interpretations of what they'd do in Marshall's shoes especially Robin with the gun had me laughing.