TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

Is the strike going to have any impact on the slap countdown, or can we presume that episode has already been written?

It's supposed to be on next week's episode, so I'd assume it's already in the can.

Cool episode tonight. The tattoo thing was a nice twist, and I'm glad to see the Goths avoid elimination. I definitely like the idea of the "Speed Bump" as opposed to just taking away all of the team's money.

File this under, "WTF?!?", "All TV execs should be shot," and "No, seriously, WTF?!?":

http://canada.com.dose.ca/topics/entertain...14-2d254e048cee

Shows in danger of cancellation

How I Met Your Mother: Granted, "Mother" usually is the weakest ratings link in CBS' Monday night comedy lineup. But that lineup sets a high bar, representing the most successful comedy block on television. The headline-making stunt casting of Britney Spears in an upcoming episode is sure to boost viewership. Not to mention, CBS' comedy-starved rivals would be tempted to snatch up the show if canceled. Verdict: Probably not going anywhere.

I think, if they canceled this show, that would be it for me as far as watching scripted TV goes. Any show I like gets canceled, while crap like Two and a Half Men lives on forever. I don't need it.

Great comeback episode tonight. I almost forgot how much I missed the writing on this show and the way they tie everything together. The crooked apartment was kind of a stretch, but they found a way to pull it together at the end. And did anybody else think we might have really seen the mother tonight? Ted bumped into a random woman in the bar, apologized and forgot about it. Any other show, I wouldn't think twice, but with this show, they don't just do stuff like that if it isn't going somewhere. He said he didn't meet the mother that night, even though she was there. His memories of a lot of other events that night weren't very sharp. Just saying....

Great comeback episode tonight. I almost forgot how much I missed the writing on this show and the way they tie everything together. The crooked apartment was kind of a stretch, but they found a way to pull it together at the end. And did anybody else think we might have really seen the mother tonight? Ted bumped into a random woman in the bar, apologized and forgot about it. Any other show, I wouldn't think twice, but with this show, they don't just do stuff like that if it isn't going somewhere. He said he didn't meet the mother that night, even though she was there. His memories of a lot of other events that night weren't very sharp. Just saying....

I was wondering the same thing.

I don't know, but it didn't seem like tonight was a very good episode.

I didn't really like it.

I feel they've done the Ted realises he needs to grow up, and then they tease meeting the mother but OMG HE DIDN'T MEET HER YET about 900 times.

But That's So Not Raven was a great line

Not to mention he took her yellow umbrella. I bet the women he bumped into will have his cell phone and they'll get together...only for us to find out that the yellow umbrella belonged to her friend or something who was also at the club. And Ted finds himself in another love triangle.

Practically writes itself.

Guest daygochika

Who else has odds on the girl he bumped into being Mom?

I really enjoyed this ep. Barney (who I haven't really been finding as funny this season) was especially hilarious tonight. I loved the part in the cab when he was trying to decide which girl to give Ted. The crooked apartment stuff was fun...Marshall going all in with the ghost story was typical Marshall: adorable and dorky.

I didn't really like it.

I feel they've done the Ted realises he needs to grow up,

Actually, I don't think they ever did the realization part. IIRC usually it has been the standard post-Seinfeld sitcom "Oh well, move on to the next experience" with no "Okay I need to do this, this, and this, and for God Sakes, I need to get Barney out of my life!"

Ted generally has been a dick, but for some reason no one ever called him on it, even after all those drunk calls to Robin in The Pineapple Incident.