TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

In which case we're just wasting our time waiting for them to break up (see: Robin and Ted). The show's concept is funny like that because it's still really good, interesting, and funny yet terribly flawed from a continual story telling standpoint.

In which case we're just wasting our time waiting for them to break up (see: Robin and Ted). The show's concept is funny like that because it's still really good, interesting, and funny yet terribly flawed from a continual story telling standpoint.

I don't see it that way. The whole premise of the show is that everything we're seeing ties together in the end, and we're seeing it all for a reason.

I don't see it that way. The whole premise of the show is that everything we're seeing ties together in the end, and we're seeing it all for a reason.

That's the way I see it as well. Plus, I always think of the episode where Ted's parents told him the 3 second story of how they met, and he goes on this whole diatribe about how when he tells his kids the story he's going to tell them every little detail, etc, and it'll last...Seasons.

I thought it was a great episode tonight. Plenty of plot development with Ted and Stella with the Barney/Robin story still lurking in the background ready to be unleashed. Robin's dance of joy in the bathroom was just awesome. Did I catch some Robin Sparkles moves in there?

I must be out of the loop on something - this is the second time in 8 days I've heard "and boom goes the dynamite" on TV.

It was funnier when Cleveland said it.

This kid filled in for the sports anchor on Ball State's student news broadcast a couple years ago and absolutely melted down. Tried doing SportsCenter shtick, but couldn't even identify people in the highlights. It culminated with a Pacers highlight where he said something to the effect of "He passes to the man... and boom goes the dynamite." It comes around 2:30 in this clip:

The whole thing spread like wildfire on YouTube. I have no idea why two different shows would be referencing it now.

No way. New Jersey is an awesome place once you get south of the bridges. The best part of New Jersey is that you can get to NY or Philly in a little over an hour, then come home and be back in the suburbs.

Funny stuff all around tonight.

I liked how 2009 Ted's ring-less hand was hidden behind something on the table until they announced they were going back to the apartment upstairs. Tell me I'm not the only one who immediately searches for wedding rings on hands whenever they do future jumps.

As soon as I saw Lily with oven mitts on I knew there was going to be a throwdown.

And that had to be one of Barney's most elaborate hook-up schemes in the series' history.

Techinically speaking...doesn't Robin move into that apartment at some point soon? There's no reason that Ted, Marshall or Lilly have to live there a year in the future.

Yea, that was a cliffhanger for me. Wasn't sure who lived there. I'm assuming Robin, and as someone said she looked awfully cozy with Barney.

Only thing is, when Ted was telling the goat story, and said Robin had moved into the apartment, I can't remember if he implied she was living with him, or if he just said she moved into the apartment (alone) so I'll have to go back and check that out. Pretty good episode all around, and man I love Barney's hookups, the old man was just awesome.

Which episode was the goat story one? I can't remember.

And I'm glad Stella is going to be gone. Her and Ted together just didn't seem right. I'm guessing the internet girl is next.