TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TO: Eagles would be 7-0 with Favre as QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in the loss to Denver on Sunday. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."

McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and also has a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

"At this time I'm being honest with myself just trying to look toward the future, and I just don't see myself really being here. It's not because I don't want to be here, but I just don't foresee them doing the necessary things to keep me here."

Here we go again.

think Brett will lobby to get him over there next season or has Brett already said he's retiring? There's now way he'd retire after the way this shitty season is going if tehre's a chance to get TO next year...

All that is left now is for T.O to claim Donovan is gay. He's played all his other cards now.

At the same, I agree. Donovan is holding down the Eagles playing hurt. Course, that doesn't explain why they don't have him hand the ball OFF more than fling it all over the fucking field.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

After seeing Favre crawl like a geriatric at the end of last week's game ... I don't think I'd want what he's bringing to the table. Even if McNabb is hurt, he's bringing more than Favre.

How about the comment that he wouldn't play injured and risk his career for the Eagles? After the Super Bowl he stated he came back for the team and not to fuel his own ego.

However, the Eagles are getting exactly what they deserve for picking up Terrell Owens in the first place. If they thought he would change his entire attitude just for them, they were just being ignorant.

TO would make a great wrestling heel.

as a matter of fact, sometimes i wonder if he thinks he's in some sort of kayfabe wrestling world the way he says things.

Isn't Irvin the one a few weeks ago, who was mocking every other sportscaster for slobbing Favre's knob?

And Fuck TO for the 100th TD bullshit. Considering any time he scores a TD he either ignores or moves any teammates out of the way that come to celebrate with him, so he can do his thing (notice they don't even bother to go into the endzone with him anymore). You shun the team, don't be shocked when the team shuns you.

Cut his ass this offseason and pick up Reggie Wayne.

TO's just being a dick and looking for attention. I doubt that he really wants to play with Brett Favre at all.

No way Favre and TO would get along. Favre had issues with Javon Walker, who isn't exactly the most outspoken guy out there.

Throwing your QB under the bus is just retarded though. It's like he's already given up on the season.

TO is wrong. The Eagles would not be 7-0 with Favre because of the ass whooping the Cowboys put on them a few weeks ago. No QB in the world could have helped them that day!

Well Reid just had a press conference. When he was asked about suspending TO he said "we'll have to see how it goes." TO followed with a written statement that he read in about 10 seconds along the lines of "Apparently I have made some comments that the organization felt were derogatory. If I offended them I apologize." Then left the PC.

My guess is he is going to get Keyshawned.

After seeing Favre crawl like a geriatric at the end of last week's game ... I don't think I'd want what he's bringing to the table. Even if McNabb is hurt, he's bringing more than Favre.

Havent caught too much football this season eh? You do realize that Favre's playing on a third string team right?

Favre's numbers this year are very close to his career average, and his completion percentage is up 5 points. And he's doing it on a team with no running game, a bad offensive line and missing his top WR. He's hardly washed up.

Now Daunte Culpepper, that's a bad season.

Havent caught too much football this season eh? You do realize that Favre's playing on a third string team right?

Yes, fully aware that the Packers have been decimated by injuries. But I'm also aware that the Favre still thinks he has the arm strength to throw balls through double coverage ... and is slow to realize that a lot of these attempts are being caught by guys in the wrong colored jerseys.

Plus, regardless of who's playing around him, running 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and throwing an underhanded I-don't-know-what after a fake spike ... not an improvement over McNabb. Like I said, even an injured McNabb is bringing more to the table this year than Favre is.

Theres not many, but a few people continue to think that Favre is struggling, or 'getting old', etc....to actually watch him play this year is just amazing. He doesnt look at all removed from his prime and clearly has a few good years left. Its a shame that Green Bays front office isnt showing him the proper respect by giving him a good team to work with...and add that to this horrible string of injuries and Favre numbers this year are even more impressive.

Yes, fully aware that the Packers have been decimated by injuries. But I'm also aware that the Favre still thinks he has the arm strength to throw balls through double coverage ... and is slow to realize that a lot of these attempts are being caught by guys in the wrong colored jerseys.

And? He's done that for years.

As a Eagles fan, I'm getting fucking sick of TO's attention seeking and antics.

1st off while Farve might have the strongest arm in the NFL, he still can't make the plays a healthy Donovan McNabb can, espically while being pressured.

McNabb being blamed for the Eagles struggling is simply bullshit. The Defensive line has to step it up big time, and the secondnary has blowen coverage many times this season. The only consisent defensive starters for the Eagles this season is Jermiah Trottier, and Brian Dawkins.

McNabb has the heart of a lion, and does not deverse to be disrespected by a arrogant Wide Reciever who has a history of not getting along with QB's. TO doesnt deverse to play for any team in the NFL, and honestly even if we some how win the superbowl, I want his ass gone by the end of season. We would do much better with a humble WR like Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, and even Chad Johnson(Who despite being very cocky, has never sounded off againest his teammates).

Terrell Owens has all the talent in the world to be one of the best WR in the history of the game, but does not process the right atittude.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know about 7-0, but the Eagles would be doing a hell of a lot better with someone else at quarterback. Funny thing with McNabb is, Donovan doesn't use his abilities the best he can, and doesn't play well through injuries. Even at full strength, McNabb's arm strength sucks. Obviously, there'd be no issue with arm strength having Favre at QB, although he makes stupid decisions sometimes because he's always had way too much confidence in not only his arm, but his receivers to make the catch. Donald Driver's been probably his favorite target, because Donald will catch damn near everything thrown his way, and he'll jump, dive, flip, whatever it takes to get it.

He's still one of the top 5 QB's in the league, the fact that he leads the league in touchdown passes and (well, was entering last week, I'm sure it's dropped since the Cincy game) had the 6th highest QB rating in the league despite having nothing around him proves that he does his damndest to make everything around him better. What happened at the end of the game last week is just desperation, running on pure emotion like much of what he does is based on, and there was probably some confusion with the playcall based on what had happened with the fan running on the field. Him collapsing on the field in exhaustion showed that he played his heart out, and with the Packers (with the exception of the ones who helped him up) lackadaisally walking away from yet another loss, it felt like he was the only one who really felt he could win. Fuck Michael Irvin for saying that shit too, that goddamn hypocrite. After like, what was it, Week 3? He jumped on the "oh he's done, just retire" bandwagon. Now he flips around completely for really no reason. What a joke. Of course, you need more than one target, and so there's where Favre's problems lie.

Either way, this is a stupid argument that won't get anywhere because I agree with these two statements:

TO's just being a dick and looking for attention. I doubt that he really wants to play with Brett Favre at all.

And Fuck TO for the 100th TD bullshit. Considering any time he scores a TD he either ignores or moves any teammates out of the way that come to celebrate with him, so he can do his thing (notice they don't even bother to go into the endzone with him anymore). You shun the team, don't be shocked when the team shuns you.

And? He's done that for years.

He once had the arm strength to get most of those passes through ... now he only has the arm strength to get some through, but most are picked off or batted down.

Guest Leelee

Why should TO be "Keyshawned"?

It's the media that gives TO the attention, and why he says stupid things like this.

I'm sure all his teammates just laugh at everything.

I dunno, maybe I'm blind, I think Favre still has what it takes as long as he has the right people around him...it doesn't help that he's missing recievers, missing HBs, has a shitty line and has a shitty coach...there are tons of good QBs that never shine because of the crap surrounding them...Favre is proven, I don't know why there's even a debate about his skills going on...if he had a healthy team, TO, and a better O-Line, the Packers would be solid...if I were a team that was a QB away from winning it all, I'd sign Brett to a 2 year contract if I could..

It's TO being TO. It's the Jeff Garcia treatment of McNabb all over again, without calling him gay.

Doesn't matter who TO's quarterback is, he'll roll them under a bus at any oppurtunity.

Guest Leelee
if I were a team that was a QB away from winning it all

It's been proven that Great Team w/ Average QB can win it all, and you have to really stretch to say the other way around has occurred.

Even at full strength, McNabb's arm strength sucks.

I'm sorry, but this is the stupidest thing I've read in years. I've been watching the Eagles pratically everyweek since they drafted McNabb, and his arm strength does not suck. Do you watch much football? Watch last year buddy when McNabb was healthy throwing 80 yard bombers to T.O. on a regular basis.

McNabb gets a serious injury and now off all the sudden his arm strength always sucked? B.S.