TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Interesting line from the torch

He looks like he's about to pop right there.

What happened with Kurt anyway? Once upon a time it seemed like, while he loved the business, it didn't totally mean the world to him and he could just up and quit it at any point. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he totally dedicated his life to the business 100%.

If you believe what his family, and friends say he's always been like that, with everything he does. Being dedicated to pro wrestling, is one of the worst things you can do.

The news itself, who knows. I think someone inside the WWE told Keller, if wrestler X doesn't be careful, he'll end up like Eddie Guerrero.

Guest *KNK*

We are actually arguing whose death would be more significant?

It's Kurt Angle that's being mentioned in the "report", It's clearly spelled out. No wonder so many people were to inept to read the context of the report.

Besides the obvious factors of Angle's obvious juicing, the fact he's working through so much injury and pain (don't forget how he's virtually numb in his arm) which indicates he's using painkillers, his GENETIC heart problems. Kurt Angle has legitimate credentials to be a National story, with the Gold Medal. It's a easy story for the media to take ahold of.

Naturally, others are blind to see this and make horrible arguements supporting names like Hogan, Flair and Austin.

Well, to me it looks like Kurt is rither not juicing now or is on some much different stuff than he was around 2002-2003. During his run as champ during that time and up to him facing Brock at WM19, Kurt was extremely muscled. Now, he looks cut, but with much smaller muscles. Doesn't mean he's not on the juice, but it could be he came off it and is just getting extremely cut due to not having the size he used to.

And for those that keep mentioning his "angina," it was stated in another thread that Kurt mentioned that he himself does not have it, but 12-14 people in his family did. They said he mentioned that in his book. Can anyone confirm? His sister died from it, I believe, but I seem to remember him stating he didn't have it.

Just a couple of things to think about before mentioning those two factors as concrete in this discussion.

And for those that keep mentioning his "angina," it was stated in another thread that Kurt mentioned that he himself does not have it, but 12-14 people in his family did.  They said he mentioned that in his book.  Can anyone confirm?  His sister died from it, I believe, but I seem to remember him stating he didn't have it.

Just a couple of things to think about before mentioning those two factors as concrete in this discussion.

With 12-14 people in his family having it, Angle is a prime candidate to suffer from it too. With those kinds of odss, taking the kind of drugs he has increases those odds even further.

Guest wahoo
Well, to me it looks like Kurt is rither not juicing now or is on some much different stuff than he was around 2002-2003. During his run as champ during that time and up to him facing Brock at WM19, Kurt was extremely muscled. Now, he looks cut, but with much smaller muscles.

His arms may be smaller but that is because of the atrophy and nerve damage from his neck surgeries. Look at the bulging veins and swelled look all over.

I didn't throw my two cents in on who i thought it was talking about. When I read it (which I read it 5 times just to see if I could see who he was talking about), I immediately thought of HHH or Benoit. I took the word credentials to mean what they have accomplished as a wrestler, and how big of a name they had. And if Chris Benoit died, smarks and marks would be crushed. Eddie was a favorite the past few years, but Benoit has been cherished by most fans for a LONG time.

His arms may be smaller but that is because of the atrophy and nerve damage from his neck surgeries.  Look at the bulging veins and swelled look all over.

Only one arm was atrophying before. And I have become more vascular by getting cut and not taking steroids. Your veins show when there is no fat covering them.

And I am not stating 100% that Angle is not on steroids. I am just saying it is possible that he is not. If he is taking any steroids, I would guess that he is on clenbuterol, which is an extreme fat burner.

Even if curt angle doesnt die( GOD i hope not), his carrer is going to be ending soon. Because of his multiple neck injuries/ surgeries.

I say put the belt on him NOW, leave it on him for 102 yrs and let the guy retire before he crippleds himself or proves this article right.

Would any "real" wrestling fan have a problem with curt carrying the belt forr 1-2 yrs? I think not.

He can thank Stone Cold for hearing "You suck" for the rest of his career. YOu guys really think those chants are getting to him?

I'll tell you one thing. I thought it was really tacky of the fans to chant it this past monday and i felt bad for Kurt to walk to the ring hearing that shit on a tribute show like that. We talk about wrestlers needing to break kayfabe sometimes.......fans need to learn how to do that too

I do agree that the fans were classless to chant it on Monday given the circumstances. It was one week where the "YOU SUCK" chant needed a break.

I argued Austin earlier, but admit to not having any evidence that he's having serious health problems or whatever. Austin has just always struck me as someone who will inevitably meet a bad end, be it having a skank girlfriend stab him to death or having a fatal car wreck while drunk. Just something like that, wouldn't shock me.

I can't see Benoit though. After Eddie dying Benoit is probably going to take extra care of himself to avoid the same fate. If I'm him I'd maybe ask for one more run on top in honor of Eddie, then I'd hang em up.

Guest *KNK*

Okay, so it's no longer that Kurt's competiveness and Vince's subtle pushing towards that lifestyle but rather Kurt's hurt feelings towards a heat getting device? Completely logical.

I hate to question the ethical side of reporting this bit of news, but it is a valid point. Meltzer must be pissed at reading what the Torch posted and I myself question whether this should be made public, if none of the people who can make those changes (Vince, Laurinitis?) are reading this.

I just find it tasteless and morbid to say "this guy might die in a few days, and no one in power knows it" - don't get me wrong, this isn't Torch hate. If Meltzer posted the same "news", I'd be thinking the same thing. The difference is, everyone else but the Torch seems to respect what is off-limits.

I just find it tasteless and morbid to say "this guy might die in a few days, and no one in power knows it" - don't get me wrong, this isn't Torch hate. If Meltzer posted the same "news", I'd be thinking the same thing. The difference is, everyone else but the Torch seems to respect what is off-limits.

I'd say keeping the system in place that causes the deaths to keep going is just as tasteless, and probably more so.

I've just always viewed the "You Suck" chants at Angle as a sign of respect. I mean it's just part of audience interaction for everyone to get up and chant "You Suck" at his music. However, I think last week the "You Suck" chants could've taken a break, but I think the fans were just trying to alleviate the pain of the situation by getting back in the groove of something 'normal.' I wouldn't dwell on it too much.

Why was this even written?

Oh, let's all talk about a rumor of a potential death!!!

Fucking stupid... further shows why wrestling fans will never be taken seriously.

On one level, Leelee is right.

On another level, the Torch has a point. If Eddie's death didn't wake it up (escpecially the WWE) then we're going to have problems. If Angle does die anytime soon, the WWE, and Wrestling as a whole in this country may experience a backlash that it may never recover from. Something really has to be done.