TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

OK, what in the hell am I missing in order to rack up some of these scores you guys are putting up? Kill guys, collect multipliers, don't get killed. Is there something I'm missing here? On my absolute best game of Deadline, I'm playing my ass off and barely getting over 2 mil, and I'm seeing scores more than 3 times that high. What's the secret?

Don't think, feel.

I'm serious.

You basically need to play and practice the game until you can play it in an "Alpha Wave" state of mind. Practice on Geo Wars 1, if you have it.

I read an FAQ for the original that suggested going for the Pacifist achievement (don't shoot/bomb for the first 60 seconds) every time you play the game, just to practice your movement skills.

I would do that, but I only play the game for 20 minutes every few months, so I don't really care enough to practice.

If you shoot in the direction you are moving, you can usually get through tight spaces. There's not many enemies faster than your ship.

I just played my first 2 games. The first was standard deathmatch, and the second involved capture points. In the second, I ran into my friend Chase on the other team and we concluded the game by simultaneously killing each other. That was pretty sweet.

I'm actually halfway decent from what I've played so far, getting 1st and 2nd place on my team in kills. My experience with 3rd person shooters is limited to Gears. I had never played a RF game, but I'm really, really liking the game so far, though. Seems like a buy.

I'm in the mood for some Mario Kart style racing. You know power-ups, goofy characters, all that. Does the 360 have such a game?

That's huge; I want both NHL 09 and the new Tiger Woods, but can't, or more accurately, shouldn't, buy both.

If it's just in the States, I'll be very upset.

Edit: For fuck's sake.

I tried to fix my NAT earlier, hoping to change it from moderate to open. I followed directions from TeamXbox.com to the letter, and it not only didn't work, but it fucked up my computer royally. The thing wouldn't even recognize the ability to connect to the internet. I

After spending 3 and a half hours on the phone with Verizon, I'm NEVER trying that again. Moderate it is!

Doesn't opening your NAT fuck with your connection status? Mine is open and whenever I play Halo 3 I'm told my matchmaking status won't be very good to the NAT being open.

That's huge; I want both NHL 09 and the new Tiger Woods, but can't, or more accurately, shouldn't, buy both.

If it's just in the States, I'll be very upset.

Edit: For fuck's sake.

EB Canada has a pre-order deal for EA Sports games. Trade 2 games and $9.95. The games have to have $8+ in trade-in value, which may be difficult to find. Assassin's Creed, for example, is worth all of a Toonie. <_< They have to be current-gen, as well. No PS2, GC, Xbox, GBA. And no PC either, I believe.

I'm back on Xbox Live so if anyone wants to play...well let's play!