TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

OAO Tuesday Smackdown Special Thread

THE SMACKDOWN SPECIAL

Don't miss The SmackDown Special on UPN Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 9 p.m. ET when one-half of RAW's World Tag Team Champions, Big Show, takes on SmackDown's Rey Mysterio.

With more than 325 pounds separating these two Superstars, this match is sure to be a David vs. Goliath type of contest, just as it was when Big Show and Rey Mysterio battled back at Backlash 2003. The events that happened after that match can never be forgotten. With the helpless Mysterio tied to a stretcher, the giant Big Show picked up the stretcher holding Rey and swung it like a baseball bat into the steel ring post. The immobile Mysterio then fell to the ground face first.

Can we expect the same out their upcoming match Tuesday night at The SmackDown Special? Or will Mysterio, who has dedicated the match to Eddie Guerrero, find a way to topple the giant? Find out Tuesday on UPN.

In addition, Chris Benoit and Booker T battle in Match No. 2 of their best-of-seven series for the United States Championship. The Bookerman took a 1-0 lead at Survivor Series with a little help from Sharmell. Can the Rabid Wolverine even the score, or will Booker T take a commanding 2-0 lead? Don't miss this crucial match on The SmackDown Special this Tuesday at 9 p.m. (ET) on UPN.

I managed to fetch this after surfing through wwe.com, which has been McGriddled with Deuce 2 DVD ads *shudder*.

This doesn't look that bad, unless they also plan to do Booker/Benoit match # 3 to be shown on Friday. I think that would be just a bit too much for me. Considering I'm losing interest in RAW by the week, I'm hoping SD picks up the slack.

HBk/Carlito was better then expected.....

No.

When you expect drizzling shit and just get a solid one, that is not a positive.

BTW, is anyone really that interested in seeing Booker/Benoit best of 7? I love me some Benoit and Booker brings the goods on occasion, but I've already seen them in a best of 7 and have faced off numerous times in WWE the last 4 years. I just don't think they'll be doing anything I haven't already seen from them outside of Sharmell interference, which ruins the match.

HBk/Carlito was better then expected.....

I'll give you that but, as someone's who's sick of stale ol' HBK, I was pissed he pulled off the win (as if there was another possibility) therefore nullifying the decent quality of the match...but that's just me. :P

Shawn, going through his usual spots, is always reliable for a "decent" match but it still doesn't hold my interest.

This doesn't look that bad, unless they also plan to do Booker/Benoit match # 3 to be shown on Friday. I think that would be just a bit too much for me. Considering I'm losing interest in RAW by the week, I'm hoping SD picks up the slack.

There's still going to be Friday SD? When is that being taped?

Guest tony manero
No, there won't be a Friday Smackdown

Actually, yes there will be...it's taped tonight too.

Dang, are you sure?

So, we can expect a 2 hour Smackdown on Friday Night, too?

Why?

I'm not exactly clamoring for more WWE programming.

Guest JMA

I've made it a habit to change the channel whenever a Carlito match comes on. Why don't they just make him a manager?

Raw was great.

- Vince's promo with Bischoff at the beginning rocked.

- Trevor Murdoch getting pushed was great.

- Michaels selling during his match was very good, and the match was DIFFERENT. Carlito's best WWE match.

- Angle slamming Maria around in her little dress.

- Masters being made to look really strong.

- Cena's "booing fans are making him snap" look.

- Joey Styles - "IS KURT ANGLE REALLY GOING TO WRESTLE SWEET, LITTLE MARIA?"

- Triple H's promo.

- Big Show's rebuttal, and slapping the mic from H.

Raw had bad moments, but few. The women's match was atrocious. Trish has gotten hard to look at in the face (face only), and Mickie, Torrie, Candice, and Ashley can't work a lick.

Also, the punch the ref threw at Daivari missed by a mile and was in slow motion.

But Raw was quite enjoyable.

Cole just said Smackdown will be on Friday night as well...except where I live it is pre-empted by High School football but yes the tapings will begin after tonights live show

So it's only two matches? Is it an hour long show or just half an hour?

That was a pretty solid Benoit/Booker T match (aren't most of em though?) until that ending. Was that just a total fuckup by them? Benoit didn't kick out there near the end at all.

I see Booker T winning three in a row, then Benoit going on to win three in a row also, leading into the final match.

Bit of an odd ending (seemed as if Benoit might have forgotten to kick out) but good sequence as Chris pays for doing the german, and a realistic set up for the scissor kick.

I thought Benoit vs Booker T, round 2, was a pretty darn good match. At least there were some spots I don't remember seeing before from these two, like Benoit's three belly-to-belly suplexs, and the spot towards the end where Benoit fell from the apron trying to do a German suplex.

Does anyone know what exactly the point of this show is, though? It seems like it got announced out of nowhere, and with not much fanfare. Is UPN testing the waters of having Smackdown move to Tuesdays now?

A bit odd of them to show Rey praying before the match, asking God to let Eddie be his guardian angel, to help him win the match.

I don't quite know what to think of that.

It felt wrong to me, seeing how wrestling is predetermined, and all of that, almost like they are using Eddie as a prop or something now. I know they don't mean it like that, but still. Maybe he should have just said that he dedicates this match to Eddie and his family.

I love that they just showed that video package of the history of TBS and Rey. Why the hell don't they do more stuff like that for matches like this?

This match could go a long way in showing more people just how Rey would do with winning a US or world championship.

Guest tony manero
A bit odd of them to show Rey praying before the match, asking God to let Eddie be his guardian angel, to help him win the match.

I don't quite know what to think of that.

If Eddie were still alive, he'd get a kick out of it.